The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 9th, 2023

richwmn

We had a very nice turkey yesterday that DMIL  ( at 97 ) made for us and she did a wonderful job , Martha helped with the trimmings in the afternoon while we just had a much smaller group than usual this year only with 8 of us around Great Grandma's table .

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends and Dailyites .

Oh and by the way it was not one of these 

Tony 

image.jpeg.be980e455875883fb63a5cdb1dfb6

• Like 15
  • Haha 4

I went to bed early because I couldn’t stay awake.  Now at 4:30 am i am wide awake.

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Friends.

I really like the quote and in many ways it applies to me.  i will leave it at that.

Yesterday was a strange day.  We were supposed to have the HVAC services (regular maintenance) and wanted this done before we leave on our trip.  Time was between noon and 2pm. In order to gain access to the unit in the attic we have to remove everything from one of the closets, which we did.  So stuff is all over the two empty bedrooms.  Well, 2 pm came and went and no technician showed.  A call to the company revealed that we were not on the list for today or any other day.  They kept asking. “Are you sure?”   Well, I didn’t pull the date out of the air!   

So then they tell me they will be here on Friday.  That means everything has to go back in the closet and come out again.   i told them it was not acceptable.  Finally got a date for Wednesday afternoon.

This is the second time they have done this to us.   i think it is time to change providers and we will as soon as the contract is up and the warranty on the new HVAC system is up.  I am tired of dealing with their incompetence.  First, the new one dies after 6 months while we are away causing the floors to buckle, then they take their sweet time to replace the parts.  

Then I needed to go grocery shopping and cook.  No wonder I was tired.

I hope others had a better day than I did.

@StLouisCruisers  I am sorry to hear about Scott.  Prayers for him

@mamaofami I hope Sam was released from the hospital

@smitty34877 I’m glad you have heat.  Sorry they have to dig up where the oil leaked.

I will try to post later on Tuesday’s daily.

Going to try to get a bit more sleep.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3