Equinox Questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello just a few questions if you don't mind as we leave this saturday.

What brand if hair shampoo/conditioner is provided?

We want to walk on our luggage, its much easier just putting it inside the cabin right away and not keep looking for it to arrive, what deck do we board on and disembark on?

We are in aqua class, that would mean I dine in Blu, question, am I able to have dinner in the MDR?  

We will have premium internet, do you feel we will be able to check our cameras at home?  Has anybody checked their cameras on this ship and found any problems in doing so on this ship?

Is it true, Elites get complimentary daily gelato?

Do they still stock the mini refrigerators in the staterooms?

Thank you!

I can answer a few of your questions.
the toiletries are C.O. Bigelow.  The scent is citrusy.  There is shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the cabins.  All are provided in large refillable containers.

Luggage, I can’t help you with, we also use the porters and receive the luggage quickly.

as for Blu, you should be able to order off of both menus in any combination you like.

Internet, we have checked cameras at home without any issues.

Gelato is once per cruise Select and up.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

Mini fridge is stocked but there is a fee for anything you remove.  You can ask to have your fridge  emptied and then stock it with your own items.  Just ask the bar tender for whatever you'd like to be unopened.

The shampoo/conditioner is supplied to Celebrity in their own packaging so not sure of the brand.  I bring my own.  

Gelato is once per cruise.  

We had great premium internet capabilities but I'm not a photographer beyond the lens on my phone so can't speak the viability of leaving your equipment at home.  I'm not sure I would check it, though.  If it fits in a backpack or small carry on, you can carry on and go directly to your stateroom for immediate drop-off.  I do this with my train case carry on because it has my jewelry, cash, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, funredhead said:

the toiletries are C.O. Bigelow.  The scent is citrusy.  There is shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the cabins.  All are provided in large refillable containers.

Luggage, I can’t help you with, we also use the porters and receive the luggage quickly.

as for Blu, you should be able to order off of both menus in any combination you like.

Have a great cruise.

Hello, I like the Bigelow products glad they remain to have them.  That is great I am able to order off the MDR in Blu a big plus star for me.  So glad we be able to use our cameras.  I thought Gelato was one scoop daily thank you for the heads up.

4 hours ago, markeb said:

Luggage has to fit through the screener. 22 inch carry-ons should be fine. Not sure about 24 inch or larger.

Pretty sure you enter and exit on Deck 5, but it's been a few months.

We are using 24" I would assume they will fit, at least hoping.  

On 10/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello, I like the Bigelow products glad they remain to have them.  That is great I am able to order off the MDR in Blu a big plus star for me.  So glad we be able to use our cameras.  I thought Gelato was one scoop daily thank you for the heads up.

DH and I no problem checking our home security cameras when we sailed on Equinox last month.

Equinox went through the Revolution so was updated in May 2019 and has the Retreat Sundeck.   If I recall correctly there was an accident in the shipyard and they were unable to put in the Hot Tubs the other ships got.    

I haven't heard of a dry dock scheduled for Equinox yet but she will be due for her 5 Year recertification which is usually done during a 2 week dry dock. 

Scooped ice cream is available for free each day in the buffet.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:31 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello just a few questions if you don't mind as we leave this saturday.

What brand if hair shampoo/conditioner is provided?

We want to walk on our luggage, its much easier just putting it inside the cabin right away and not keep looking for it to arrive, what deck do we board on and disembark on?

We are in aqua class, that would mean I dine in Blu, question, am I able to have dinner in the MDR?  

We will have premium internet, do you feel we will be able to check our cameras at home?  Has anybody checked their cameras on this ship and found any problems in doing so on this ship?

Is it true, Elites get complimentary daily gelato?

Do they still stock the mini refrigerators in the staterooms?

Thank you!

If you wish to dine in the main dining room, coordinate that with the maître d’ of blue, don’t just show up. They will need to find a table for you since you do not have a dining room assignment there.

I need to get one gelato per cruise, not one per day

they do stock the minibar, but it is not included in any beverage package, so anything you take from it you will be charged for

Just off the Eqinox today. Regarding We are in aqua class, that would mean I dine in Blu, question, am I able to have dinner in the MDR?  

The answer is limited items yes and depending wait waiter you get. Rosemarie refused to get us anything from the MDR. She was also swamped. The Maître d was/is inept also. They/he refused to push two tops togeher for our party of 4 and wanted us to remain with the same waiter/area the entire cruise. We tried for two night and when two of the 4 went to specialty dinning we lucked out to a wonderful waiter who allowed us to order anything off the MDR that we wanted. We did not btw. We ordered the Cornesh Hen and the Truffle Gnocchi (shared)  and were just fine. GOOD LUCK. BLU was a mess. 

I had no problems ordering off the MDR menu in Blu on the Equinox over New Years. They prefer you do that than go to the MDR. 

In my experience luggage arrives very quickly on Celebrity, like 2-3 hours after you embark. So I wouldn’t try to lug the bags up yourself. 

On 10/9/2023 at 10:15 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Actually the Gelato is one scoop in a bowl per cruise for each CC member.  

Ice Cream  on the other hand is unlimited on all classes of ships in the OVC area.  

If you happen to book a RS or above you have unlimited Gelato throughout you cruise.

Hello, I like the Bigelow products glad they remain to have them.

I was happy to see CO Bigelow products when we sailed Equinox this past Sept but I was disappointed when I read the label and found they are designed by Bigelow and made in China.  Not a big deal since I brought own hair care stuff.

image000000(2).jpg

21 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

I was happy to see CO Bigelow products when we sailed Equinox this past Sept but I was disappointed when I read the label and found they are designed by Bigelow and made in China.  Not a big deal since I brought own hair care stuff.

image000000(2).jpg

Thanks for the info about made in China. I will definitely be bringing my own.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:55 AM, funredhead said:

Have a great cruise.

We are Select, where is the free Gelato located? Will be on the Ascent Dec 10