7 day menu

MaiTaiMary

46 minutes ago, MaiTaiMary said:

Does anybody have a copy of the current 7 day menu? Thanks. 

The seven-day Caribbean menus have yet to be available.  I will be posting the new menus before the end of this month.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

The seven-day Caribbean menus have yet to be available.  I will be posting the new menus before the end of this month.

I'm not sure what you mean about "yet to be available". Just wondering if anybody who has been cruising recently on a 7 day Holland America cruise had copies of the menus to share. 

7 day Alaska menu will be different to 7 day Med menu which will be different to 7 day Caribbean menu which will be different to 7 day Asia menu which will be different to 7 day Northern Europe menu.  Each has small updates each season.

@Crew News was informing you that the 7 day Caribbean menus have not been seen yet as the season has not started yet.  A current 7 day menu will not be the exactly the same.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The ships have about 15 daily menus to choose from. I am not aware the ships are directed to us any particular set or selection of those menus.

Get the Navigator app. You will be able to follow the menus being used in advance of your boarding.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaiTaiMary said:

Just trying to get an idea of what is currently offered. Not looking for anything set in stone or "exactly the same".  (Also, I'm not sailing the Caribbean)

Since you were not specific which dining venue menus you were seeking, here is a link to the 7-day menus for the just completed Alaska season:  Alaska 7-Day MDR Menus

For additional restaurant menus, see the link in the lower right of my signature.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The ships have about 15 daily menus to choose from. I am not aware the ships are directed to us any particular set or selection of those menus.

Get the Navigator app. You will be able to follow the menus being used in advance of your boarding.

How far in advance of your cruise will you be able to see the menus on the app? Thanks.

Do you really need the menus? Are you going to cancel the cruise based on the menus? Unlike walking around a town and looking at the posted menus to decide if you will enter that establishment, you have very few restaurants to choose from in the village that is your cruise ship. Enjoy the cruise hopefully the menus that are presented while you are on it will suit your needs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaiTaiMary said:

Thanks! I didn't realize I could see them on the app. I'm just under a month out, and they're not there yet, but I'll keep checking. thanks for the tip. 

Just to be clear, what you can see is today's menu. So if you go to the MDR icon and click on it, it should give you an opportunity to download today's menu. Tomorrow,  you can get that menu, etc.

4 minutes ago, MaiTaiMary said:

I'm just under a month out, and they're not there ye

Menus should be on the app now.  You don’t have to wait until a month before your cruise.  However, if the ship

is moving from Europe to the Caribbean (basically changing locations) the menus will be different when you board.

Click on dining, click on Lido, click on breakfast, lunch or dinner…see the menu.  Works the same for the Main Dining Room but the only menu that changes in the MDR is dinner,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandma7 said:

How far in advance of your cruise will you be able to see the menus on the app? Thanks.

Menus, regardless of ship, in the same region, same season, and same number of cruise days are identical.  The first, second...... days menus of your ships sailings (same region, same season, and same number of cruise days) anytime before your sailing will be the same first, second....days menus for your cruise.  If you copy the menus meeting the above criteria, you will know what is for dinner on your cruise for planning purposes. Check the HAL website to see information on where your ship will be and when it will start a cruise cycle that matches yours. 

Note that if an ingredient for a menu dish is not available, a menu item may be substituted.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Do you really need the menus? Are you going to cancel the cruise based on the menus? Unlike walking around a town and looking at the posted menus to decide if you will enter that establishment, you have very few restaurants to choose from in the village that is your cruise ship. Enjoy the cruise hopefully the menus that are presented while you are on it will suit your needs.

I wish I had thought to check menus before I booked our specialty restaurant dinners.  We would have picked different nights.  It was all good but something to consider.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, badtwin said:

I wish I had thought to check menus before I booked our specialty restaurant dinners.  We would have picked different nights.  It was all good but something to consider.

However HAL will sometimes throw the curved ball and use Menu Day 4 on Day 3 of a particular cruise.  on our recent 14 day cruise it happened several times that Day 5 menu was presented on day 4 and Day 13 menu was presented on Day 12 etc

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

However HAL will sometimes throw the curved ball and use Menu Day 4 on Day 3 of a particular cruise.  on our recent 14 day cruise it happened several times that Day 5 menu was presented on day 4 and Day 13 menu was presented on Day 12 etc

I wonder how that is going to work with the 10-day Canaletto specials that Roger posted elsewhere. I suppose I can always try to switch if Scallops end up on a Chops night!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I wonder how that is going to work with the 10-day Canaletto specials that Roger posted elsewhere. I suppose I can always try to switch if Scallops end up on a Chops night!

On my last five cruises, I have yet to see any of the Specialty Restaurants at capacity.  In fact ,most were around 50% which means switching should be easy.  Note that the new Canaletto specials are served at least two nights in a row.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

On our recent 11 day Zaandam cruise, we had Menu #5 on the first day. I don't think they are intended to be Menu #1 on Day 1, etc.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Crew News said:

On my last five cruises, I have yet to see any of the Specialty Restaurants at capacity.  In fact ,most were around 50% which means switching should be easy.  Note that the new Canaletto specials are served at least two nights in a row.

I agree, however, our last cruise last month, the specialty restaurants were far, far busier than we had ever seen them before. Over 60% full, in my estimation. We reserved at 5:30 for each of our 3 reservations, and there were a fair number of people there when we got there. Our first dinner at Cannaletto, we arrived at 5:20, and had an interesting discussion with the hostess about arriving early, and staffing being adequate for business.

I was surprised to see that I can see the menus already. We're sailing in December. (Caribbean, Nieuw Statendam.) I can tell that the menu is current because it's the Thanksgiving menu and it's Canadian Thanksgiving today.

The menu has Wiener Schnitzel on it. I'm thankful for that.

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

I was surprised to see that I can see the menus already. We're sailing in December. (Caribbean, Nieuw Statendam.) I can tell that the menu is current because it's the Thanksgiving menu and it's Canadian Thanksgiving today.

The menu has Wiener Schnitzel on it. I'm thankful for that.

I saw that Thanksgiving menu today and thought, what the heck? Then I remembered Canada Thanksgiving, silly me 😊

Does anyone know if there’s a way to know in advance if there would be a pop up takeover of the Pinnacle Grill to serve food of another restaurant? Not till April, but I Would love to see a Tamarind takeover on the Volendam, yum