LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

27 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I’ve always been told to wait and go to ATM in country for exchanges. Much better rates of exchange. Always able to find one at first stop after airport. Unless of course you need some for transportation.

Will we need them to use restrooms when we land at FCO? That's always my first stop at any airport; don't know if I can wait to find an ATM, seriously. Or do we have to be sure we make Last call on the airplane then make a beeline for ATM once we land?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:13 PM, ninjacat123 said:

I have 7 euro from our last trip.  I can pee!🤣

I'm envious. My credit union told me today they cannot get me euros and told me to use ATM at airport or money exchange in the mall. Very strange considering they're an international institution serving military worldwide. But oh well - I am happy for those who have a couple clinking around and will hit the ATM at FCO.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, TNVolnteerCruiser said:

I’m ready and excited to follow along 😍

Woo hoo!! Let’s go!!👍😁

54 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

Going to fallow along. Especially interested in Santorini and Turkey. 

Yay!! Looking forward to Santorini and Turkey as well😎

44 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Will we need them to use restrooms when we land at FCO? That's always my first stop at any airport; don't know if I can wait to find an ATM, seriously. Or do we have to be sure we make Last call on the airplane then make a beeline for ATM once we land?

Haljo1935 I’m thinking airports are universal with “free” rest rooms. I’ve never had to pay in any airport, Italy, England, Amsterdam or France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm envious. My credit union told me today they cannot get me euros and told me to use ATM at airport or money exchange in the mall. Very strange considering they're an international institution serving military worldwide. But oh well - I am happy for those who have a couple clinking around and will hit the ATM at FCO.

I’m thinking it’s all good, credit card should cover most charges and I’ll get some euros to cover the small stuff at FCO👍

On 10/9/2023 at 1:48 PM, ninjacat123 said:

IMG_2394.thumb.jpeg.99ae5592a7c6c209416997a96b2d009a.jpegIMG_2400.thumb.jpeg.c5d744f2fe96c73c7d1ee91df2d0edc2.jpegCraig took care of the dog who has needed a shave down for sometime and we wanted to get it done before our trip. He’s a golden doodle and has the brain of a flea here are before and after shots.

Cant wait for review.  Our dog has passed but she hated when the suitcases came out.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Looking forward to your review of Turkey.  Did most of the other ports on an NCL cruise a few years back.    Wishing you safe travels!

Hi pe4all and thanks for following!  I've never been to any of these ports!  Turkey is an especially interesting one since we are booked on an independent excursion, taking us to Ephesus, the Terrace Houses, lunch is provided and a Turkish Bath (we are bringing swimsuits😉)!  So excited!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cant wait for review.  Our dog has passed but she hated when the suitcases came out.  

Hi jimbo!!  My goldendoodle is ok with the suitcases, it's my gray kitty with the white belly who will hide, won't say good bye and won't say hello for at least an hour after we come home.  So happy you are joining me on this European adventure!  Here is gray kitty looking like "where the heck are you going?"

gray boy pic.jpg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Looks like I miss you in Rome by one day.

Looking forward to following along.  

Enjoy your trip!!

Yay!!  I've been really enjoying your review, jam19872016 and I'm jazzed that you are following along on mine!  We will be ships that pass in the night (or something like that😉)!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I’ve always been told to wait and go to ATM in country for exchanges. Much better rates of exchange. Always able to find one at first stop after airport. Unless of course you need some for transportation.

Just make sure it is a reputable ATM (connected to a bank), and your bank has been notified you will be withdrawing in a foreign country.  We tried to pull money out of an ATM at the metro in Budapest and it ate his card.  Luckily mine was still active and I was able to withdraw in Prague as planned.  

• Like 2

Good morning (it still is, isn't it?😉)!!  I went to my friend Deb's house and she did my hair.  Now I'm looking ready for my close up but what is even better news??  Deb just got back from a trip to Ireland and she has euros!!  The Bank of Deb sold me 70 euros (that's what she had left) and I am a happy camper with good looking hair 👍

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, maluhia87 said:

Just make sure it is a reputable ATM (connected to a bank), and your bank has been notified you will be withdrawing in a foreign country.  We tried to pull money out of an ATM at the metro in Budapest and it ate his card.  Luckily mine was still active and I was able to withdraw in Prague as planned.  

I have heard mention of making sure the ATM is connected to a bank as well.  AND I've heard of card eating machines!  Sorry that happened to you. Yikes!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

Hitting the "oh crap" button!!

Hugs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

No, not at airports 

buy an espresso and use the cafe restroom when out and about

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hi pe4all and thanks for following!  I've never been to any of these ports!  Turkey is an especially interesting one since we are booked on an independent excursion, taking us to Ephesus, the Terrace Houses, lunch is provided and a Turkish Bath (we are bringing swimsuits😉)!  So excited!!

Ninja - walk around the port in Turkey - the port area has some statues which are very cool especially the Hand of Peace.   https://fineartamerica.com/featured/hand-of-peace-sculpture-in-kusadasi-turkey-ken-biggs.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good morning (it still is, isn't it?😉)!!  I went to my friend Deb's house and she did my hair.  Now I'm looking ready for my close up but what is even better news??  Deb just got back from a trip to Ireland and she has euros!!  The Bank of Deb sold me 70 euros (that's what she had left) and I am a happy camper with good looking hair 👍

Doing Happy Dance for you!! 👣🤭

• Like 3