Celebrity Ascent Check-In Unavailable...Is this Bad News or Normal for a New Ship?

Georgia_Peaches

Check in for November 22nd sailing was supposed to open October 8th or 45 days prior to embarkation.  Cruise planner says Check In Currently Unavailable and underneath that dead link is says Check In Begins October 8th.  I guess it could be a computer glitch or I guess it could mean that Celebrity aren't sure if Ascent will be ready for it's November 22 sailing.  Of note, all my reservations are showing up in the app and Celebrity are still selling this cruise on their website.  I asked my TA and she doesn't have an explanation...

Anyone have thoughts on this?  @Jeremiah1212 do you have any idea?

Just checked in for our Edge November 25 cruise this morning.   It is departing Singapore so had to deal with the Dateline to estimate when checkin would open.

Originally the App was showing October 9th and Webpage was showing October 11.

It wasn't available yesterday so I checked again today at 9AM PDT which is 12:01 + 1 day Singapore time.    Again it was not available.

Checked back around 12:15 and found it was finally open and was able select an arrival time.

I have on occasionally  seen the CheckIn date delayed from  1-15 days.

• Like 1

Always remember that the Celebrity IT team has received several amazing awards recently including both the Rubber Chicken and Impossible Dream awards.  You always know that things will be consistently frustrating,  a bit late, or get a message to try back later.

Relax and know you will get checked it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I’ve seen the check in be delayed in the past also. 

On another “group” site for the Nov 22nd sailing someone mentioned they called and were told it won’t open until 30 days before. 

This is consistent with other opinions. Thank you so much!