Celebrity Constellation Refurb 2024? Is this a nice ship?

Marga.Anders

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

can anyone confirm full refurbishment taking place spring 2024?

thanks

If you are referring to the revolution, no.  That is still on hold and may never restart, at least in the form it was pre-pandemic.  

I wouldn't count on more than a maintenance dry dock and maybe a bit of a refresh in 2024.

43 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I don't think you could get 2800 guests on an M class ship unless guests were stacked  4 to a stateroom.

I have sailed Connie in a basic Veranda cabin and found the ship to be in great shape (May 2023) and the Uncrowded nature of the M Class ships makes them my favorites.

I suspect the dry docking (right after the March 23-April 6th. TA) That I will be on  will not Include any Major upgrades as X has made it clear that it is spending Big on New Ships and will never do a Revolutionizing on Connie like it did on Summit and Millie before Covid.

The M class ships do not have as many dining options as the S class ships but IF you plan to try Le Pete Chef/Qsine ask what the Menu will be on different nights as I was just on Eclipse and on That Ship the menu with Filet Mignon Or Lobster has returned.

My Wife and I will be doing the same Dubrovnik, Kotor and Split cruise in late September 2024.

Did you click on the link , it shows all the facts about the Connie , 

9 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

We do too, and we have three cruises booked with X.

However, we are going on Oasis though in 2025 with family of all ages which is what Oasis class is good at. So, my take is that one is not necessarily "better" than the other. It all depends on what you like and want. At our age, we love Celebrity more than RCL, but we still sail RCL.

If I was taking kids or grandkids on a cruise, I would most certainly consider RCL!

On 10/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, RichYak said:

For Croatia next year, I'm considering either a DIY land tour or Azamara. Haven't decided yet. I've never been and have some family there, which in some respects complicates the planning.

looking at a website sail croatia.      and oh yes, fam in area definitely complicates things

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Did you click on the link , it shows all the facts about the Connie , 

Yes I did. Thank you.

I don't know where the 2800 guest figure came from? 2,559 even seems high.

I have sailed often on all the M class ships and always ask what the number of gusts are onboard.

Most often it is around 2100. Lowest I ever experienced was June 2021 on Millie out of San Maarten with 471 (700 crew) on the first after covid cruise.

As the number of guests increased during 2022-2023 I was happy for X's bottom line but missed the half empty ships of 2021.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:59 PM, prmssk said:

If you are referring to the revolution, no.  That is still on hold and may never restart, at least in the form it was pre-pandemic.  

I wouldn't count on more than a maintenance dry dock and maybe a bit of a refresh in 2024.

Constellation is due to be in drydock/out of service for three weeks. IMO This will be more than just a refresh.

5 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Constellation is due to be in drydock/out of service for three weeks. IMO This will be more than just a refresh.

It only has a gap between cruises of about 16 days in April 2024.

There is a cruise critic article talking about upcoming dry docks and this is what it says about the Constellation in spring of 2024:

"This drydock for the Constellation will include all new carpeting as well as updated crew quarters. Suites are scheduled to get new Jacuzzis and some galley equipment will be replaced."

I don't think this is going to be more than a refresh.

1 hour ago, Midsomer Madness said:

We did Christmas and New Year last year on Constellation and we loved her, nice size ship, great crew, never felt packed out like some other ships.  Had Celebrity prices not got so ridiculous we would have booked another cruise on her.

Just book an Equinox TA for $200 CAD a night for a cabin in a balcony , cannot get cheaper than that 

• 5 months later...

We just got off the Connie TA last week . We all (4) thought it was great, it was in better shape than the Eclipse was in October for sure. The only thing that I wasn’t fussy about was the buffet setup. Great staff we would all sail on her again.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Connie cruise before the TA out of Tampa. We love the ship, it is showing its age in some areas, but we wouldn’t hesitate to sail her again. Ship layout out is great, buffet is a little spread out but you get more steps in. I hope the refurbishment doesn’t make any major changes.

We were on Connie this past January when we learned of the "refurb".

Hoping that they would do more to cabins, like more USB ports and update showers.

We will be on Connie again in November.

58 minutes ago, MikeandBobNC said:

Just saw Constellation. We are sailing from Marseille on Oceania Vista. 

I wish thet had done more to cabins !

We love Connie, cruised on her a few times, but cabins are very outdated compared to Edge class ships.

They really need to install USB connections and update showers with new shower heads and glass doors.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:29 AM, FINTPOPE said:

This was posted on the Celebrity Constellation FB group regarding the changes during dry dock:

420397638_7697957153568676_3142052080057807712_n.thumb.jpg.3ca4859a4e72f74f450da09cd28ae145.jpg

My favorite part of that list is

-Not designed by Kelly Hoppen.

I have sailed on the Connie several times, including the itinerary OP is discussing.  I'm a huge fan of the M class ships, although less so of the two that Ms. Hoppen screwed up.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 3:29 PM, FINTPOPE said:

This was posted on the Celebrity Constellation FB group regarding the changes during dry dock:

420397638_7697957153568676_3142052080057807712_n.thumb.jpg.3ca4859a4e72f74f450da09cd28ae145.jpg

And this is the latter part of that FB-post someone mentioned in another Connie refurb topic...

Screenshot_20240416_200618_Chrome Beta.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, Marga.Anders said:

Hi there,

Looking to make a switch from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity Cruises. Was looking at Ascent or Apex because they are newer ships but found out the Constellation is offering the best itinerary for our wishes (Dubrovnik, Koper, Split).

The reviews of this ship are mixed, mainly because it is an older ship. So this has me somewhat worries especially since we are 'used to' newer ships with RCL. 

I also saw online she is supposed to get a refurbishment in the spring of 2024. But can't really find what they will upgrade.

Does anybody have more info on this, or other information about Constellation?  Or alternative is the new Sun Princess, but the itinerary is less suitable.

We are a couple, 42yo, no kids.  Do like dining, solarium, theatre shows. Don't need: rock climbing, bumper cars, flow riders etc. 

We love Constellation however, it depends on what you want from a cruise.  She is a smaller ship compared to the new RCL ships so she has limited specialty restaurants and smaller shows compared to the larger ships.  However, we like the smaller ship feel and are happy with the trade-offs.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, Marga.Anders said:

Hi there,

Looking to make a switch from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity Cruises. Was looking at Ascent or Apex because they are newer ships but found out the Constellation is offering the best itinerary for our wishes (Dubrovnik, Koper, Split).

The reviews of this ship are mixed, mainly because it is an older ship. So this has me somewhat worries especially since we are 'used to' newer ships with RCL. 

We have cruised on Constellation for nearly 20 years.  She is our favourite Celebrity ship, recently cruising for two months from December to January 2024.  The modifications will be minor.  The crew is fantastic:  in our opinion better than any Royal experience (10+ from Enchantment to Allure).  The itinerary is more important than the ship.  The cabin choice on the "old" ships are superior to Celebrity's newer ships, depending on your Euro bank account...

• Like 1