CruiseNEXT question

greg2014

I have a question about buying CruiseNext certificates. During my last cruise in 2022, two CN certificates were offered for 500 USD with 250 USD OBC for using onboard spendings. I have two questions. First, what is the current price for CN certificates ? Second, must I obligatory use above OBC connected with CN during cruise ? Is it possible to pay only the difference, so 250 USD for 2 CN certificates ? Thank you for any help 🙂  

CruiseNext certificates are still worth $250 each.

7 minutes ago, greg2014 said:

Is it possible to pay only the difference, so 250 USD for 2 CN certificates ?

This is effectively how it works - "buy" the two deposits at $250 each, billing to your on-board account as $500, then get $250 in OBC that offsets the cost of one, making the net purchase price $250.

• Like 2

Can you tell me if that 250 OBC is refundable (can be used for service charges) or non refundable?

Also, I assume that OBC has to be used on the cruise you are currently on and cannot be applied to the future cruise you will book using the certificates?

thanks.

@CCJack please review my explanation above.  It's misleading to call it OBC as you don't end up using it for anything other than offsetting the cost of the second CND.  As a result, it doesn't really matter what type of OBC it is.  For the record - it IS of the non-refundable type, but it's the ONLY non-refundable OBC that can be used to cover the cost of CND purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CCJack said:

Can you tell me if that 250 OBC is refundable (can be used for service charges) or non refundable?

Also, I assume that OBC has to be used on the cruise you are currently on and cannot be applied to the future cruise you will book using the certificates?

thanks.

See above post...This is effectively how it works - "buy" the two deposits at $250 each, billing to your on-board account as $500, then get $250 in OBC that offsets the cost of one, making the net purchase price $250.

• Thanks 1

I know people swear they were allowed to apply CN certificates for existing reservations. However, the "official" wording from the NCL website says:

All CNDs are valid for new reservations that book and sail within 4 years from purchase date. CNDs become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of your CND(s). Not applicable towards existing reservations.

So...how are people able to pull this off?

8 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I know people swear they were allowed to apply CN certificates for existing reservations. However, the "official" wording from the NCL website says:

All CNDs are valid for new reservations that book and sail within 4 years from purchase date. CNDs become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of your CND(s). Not applicable towards existing reservations.

I just go online and apply them myself.   Even worked when they were running the promotion where you could add three certificates.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

My guess is that, since you are always able to cancel and rebook prior to 120 days (USA bookings) that anything prior to that date is still considered a new/pending reservation, any payments up until the final due date are simply deposits.  And I've "pulled it off" dozens of times, just go to my account and made a payment using a certificate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Have you ever read a report here of somebody NOT being allowed to apply a CN to an existing reservation?

35 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have you ever read a report here of somebody NOT being allowed to apply a CN to an existing reservation?

Not sure. I might have. But then again, maybe not. I'm old and can't remember what I had for lunch...or if I even had lunch.

But why would the policy say it's not allowed if, in fact, it's allowed?

57 minutes ago, aggie311 said:

If you buy a cruise first certificate when it’s $500 for $250, that is basically the same as cruise next, correct? Or is there an additional benefit to cruise next?

it's actually the same as two cruise next since cruise next are worth $250 each.  Cruise next doesn't require you to book your cruise 4 months in advance, but cruise first can be used on inside and OV cabins at all time.  Most of the double up promos are for balconies and above, and you have to also wait for a double up promo to be available before you can use 2 cruise next.