Choir of Man on NCL Encore

I'manewbie

We are sailing on the 10/15 NCL Encore. I just recd an email that they are canceling our Choir of Man reservation. Has anyone else recd this or am I just special? They suggested we go to the ticket office on deck 6 but never mentioned if there was another performance of CofM that we could catch.

8 minutes ago, I'manewbie said:

We are sailing on the 10/15 NCL Encore. I just recd an email that they are canceling our Choir of Man reservation. Has anyone else recd this or am I just special? They suggested we go to the ticket office on deck 6 but never mentioned if there was another performance of CofM that we could catch.

Yep. On same cruise. Just received the notice of cancellation. Hope this doesn’t mean that we won’t be seeing it at all (but I suspect that might be the case) Disappointing because i was already thinking the entertainment on this ship seemed pretty dismal. (I enjoy production shows on ships). 

3 minutes ago, Perkolater said:

We're scheduled the next week (Departing 10/22) received the same email today.     Wow.  NCL continues to provide less and charge more.  May be time for us to consider other cruise lines in the future. 

Ah crap! I was hoping it might have been a one evening “issue”. 🙁

I cant believe all the cutbacks  that NCL has done. I cant believe that my once most beloved cruiseline has changed so much. I cant believe that i have booked 7 future cruises and none is on NCL. I always loved NCL but currently NCL is the worst value for money unfortunately. I really wish in the future to once again board on one of my most beloved ships just like the Bliss, Getaway, Pearl and so more. Currently the only thing that resembles the good old NCL is just the hull paint unfortunately… 

• Like 2

Read your notice more carefully: It says to go to the "ticket office on Deck 6"-- NO SUCH PLACE!!

The THEATER BOX is on Deck 7

Something is wrong somewhere and you are being given the wrong information.

I would take this letter on board with you and take it to the Box Office.

4 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

I am also concerned about this possible turn of events. However, this statement is patently false.

Let me rephrase. In contrast to Princess Celebrity HAL and even RCl, NCL is the worst value of money currently in my opinion and after having performed multiple booking searches on my future cruises

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, backsbanny said:

Let me rephrase. In contrast to Princess Celebrity HAL and even RCl, NCL is the worst value of money currently in my opinion and after having performed multiple booking searches on my future cruises

Thank you for clarifying that it's just your opinion. As a couple that drinks heavily on a cruise, loves specialty restaurants, and are pretty much happy with any entertainment, no other line comes remotely close to the value for the money that NCL does. In our opinion, of course.

• Like 3

Have you check Holland America have it all promos? They give you specialty dining there as well.Check also all included on celebrity, they will not give specialty dining but their beverage package is great, covering even coffees, bottle of water etc. For me the best value of NCL is their good latitudes offerings for platinum and above. I always enjoyed their 2 free specialty dinners. I love Cagneys.

Or hear me out.....it could be the current performer contract ending and the new performers not ready.  Choir of Man was not on the list of cuts.  Why wouldn't it have been on this list if it was going to be cut before the others on the list ended.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, backsbanny said:

Have you check Holland America have it all promos? 

Booked on HAL for next August. Got every possible early perk you can get. A bit better than NCL, but at twice the price.

[ok, that's a bit of hyperbole, but it is far more expensive per day than a comparable NCL cruise]

These are the 2 last cruises of NCL Alaskan schedule. Probably something to do with that. (Contracts). I doubt they are cancelling the show on other sailings….

I’m still bummed. Music here and there in small spaces and game shows sure don’t make up for losing a big production show in the theatre. 😤

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I'manewbie said:

I also received the email this afternoon for the 10/22 cruise.

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Read your notice more carefully: It says to go to the "ticket office on Deck 6"-- NO SUCH PLACE!!

The THEATER BOX is on Deck 7

Something is wrong somewhere and you are being given the wrong information.

I would take this letter on board with you and take it to the Box Office.

Kinda a total over reaction to a typo. The world is not coming to an end. 

I was on the 10/1 to 10/8 Encore sailing. We were at the Friday 10/6 Choir of Man show and at the end , one of the cast members yelled out that this night was the last night that they were going to be there. Thought originally they meant for that sailing but it sounded more final, so it appears that they may not be back.