Crazy to cruise on Queen Anne voyage May 2024?

renji

Hi—any worries on joining the May 10 cruise?  Will it be totally disorganized the first month?

Any word on ballroom dance floor compared to other ships, or internet in cabins?  Am on QM2 and there is no wifi in canning, which has been disastrous.  

thank you in advance!

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Will it even be ready? There will probably be all sorts of minor chaos, but it will be a splendid new ship, and I’m very much looking forward to it. Don’t care either was about Wi-Fi.

Will it be ready!! Ha. The thought had definitely crossed my mind. 😀

We will go with the flow and if there is slight minor chaos we'll roll with it so I think yes, we are really looking forward to the new ship.

Golly, I wouldn't have said that two years ago!🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Will it be ready!! Ha. The thought had definitely crossed my mind. 😀

We will go with the flow and if there is slight minor chaos we'll roll with it so I think yes, we are really looking forward to the new ship.

Golly, I wouldn't have said that two years ago!🙂

According to my info it is ahead of schedule but it will probably become obvious why it is still May maiden.

• Like 1

How exciting.     I would expect lots of little teething problems (challenges) as both the crew and passengers figure out how things work.   While you shouldm't be impacted greatly I would go with a great attitude that you are on an Inaugural sailing and the crew are also learning with you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

How exciting.     I would expect lots of little teething problems (challenges) as both the crew and passengers figure out how things work.   While you shouldm't be impacted greatly I would go with a great attitude that you are on an Inaugural sailing and the crew are also learning with you.

Yes, I’m very chill about everything, am on QM2 and just eating in the buffet, we are low maintenance.  

as long as they have a working coffee machine and internet, nothing else is a problem 😂.  

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The 10th May is a maiden visit of the ship to The Canary Islands rather than 'the' inaugural sailing.

Just now, Victoria2 said:

The 10th May is a maiden visit of the ship to The Canary Islands rather than 'the' inaugural sailing.

Thanks for clarification -

Will be interesting to see how it goes.   On other cruise lines I've seen them also have a "Preview Sailing for Special Invited Guests" prior to the paid for Maiden or inaugural sailing.    Really upset some.

• Like 1

We too are booked for May 10. Looking at the recent YouTube tour I had to wonder how on earth it will be a fully functioning ship by then. However I choose to believe all the major things will be in place and will try to go with the flow with any glitches. 
As we are new to Cunard we booked by choosing itinerary and date, and only realised later that it was only the second voyage. So looking forward to it. Not many on the roll call for this sailing yet. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

We too are booked for May 10. Looking at the recent YouTube tour I had to wonder how on earth it will be a fully functioning ship by then. However I choose to believe all the major things will be in place and will try to go with the flow with any glitches. 
As we are new to Cunard we booked by choosing itinerary and date, and only realised later that it was only the second voyage. So looking forward to it. Not many on the roll call for this sailing yet. 

I’m not remotely new to Cunard, but booked on exactly the same basis, plus not doing flying, and am equally surprised to find we are on her second voyage. And it is all quite exciting. 

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 5

Her maiden on 3d May next year happens to be my birthday & the day I am retiring from work. We tried to book this cruise while we were on QM2 last Christmas but unfortunately it was booked up.

However we have booked a 23 night B2B on her in June so here's hoping any 1st month teething problems have been ironed out by then 😊

• Like 2

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I wonder how soon the first complaints about rust will appear? 🙂 

One month? I once went on a brand new survey vessel for 3 weeks around Shetland and Orkney. Rust was appearing in several places and it was summer & calm.

9 minutes ago, sogne said:

One month? I once went on a brand new survey vessel for 3 weeks around Shetland and Orkney. Rust was appearing in several places and it was summer & calm.

As long as that? Remember there seem to be passengers who spend a lot of their time looking for rust, not always hard to find, I admit, on QM2. But I’m expecting someone on our voyage to find some.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, exlondoner said:

As long as that? Remember there seem to be passengers who spend a lot of their time looking for rust, not always hard to find, I admit, on QM2. But I’m expecting someone on our voyage to find some.

From what I’ve seen on this board, rust seems to be uniquely attracted to QM2. If it ever attacks any other vessel, it goes unnoticed . . . .

5 hours ago, rmsEtruria said:

From what I’ve seen on this board, rust seems to be uniquely attracted to QM2. If it ever attacks any other vessel, it goes unnoticed . . . .

No, I have seen it mentioned on the others, I’m afraid. But in fact all those Atlantic crossings probably do cause a unique prob on QM2.

On 10/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, exlondoner said:

Once QA has anchored  a few times rust will probably appear around the anchor  according housings.

• Like 1

Not a QA fan from the get go, but new ships always need some time to settle down and the same goes for their crews. And the passengers hopefully will count the thrill of a maiden voyage more than the toilet that doesn't flush, the broken hinge on the bedside cabinet and the prevailing smell of new carpet and fresh paint. Light sleepers will want to bring some light card strips to stop the inevitable creaks and groans which are typical of new ships for a few months.  QV the other day, even after 16 years, sounded like the HMS SURPRISE in "Master and Commander" leaving Lisboa... one of the ceiling panels in the Princess Grill even popped loose. 

I remember being among the press party going out by tug to meet the QE2 in New York on her maiden voyage after her re-engining.  If you listened to the media and the moaners, the voyage was a disaster from the get-go, whilst those with more reasonable expectations enjoyed it and, of course, no one from the press wanted to talk to them! 

With QUEEN ANNE being  but the fourth PINNACLE-class ship built for Carnival, I'd be surprised of any major issues.  

Edited by WantedOnVoyage
  • Like 1