Is it me or does MSC's website completely suck?

Warm-Water Diver

I am just over 30 days out to my first MSC cruise and I have to say I'm completely disgusted with MSC's website.

Many days I can't even get to "view your cruise" (from Manage my booking). Website just sits and spins and occasionally displays the "request failed with status code 500"

Is it just me or does MSC need to hire some competent web developers? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The site has been a bit worse than usual, lately. They are probably in the process of making changes but won't take the site down in the meantime. Usually, things get back to "normal" by Mondays (the weekends are the worst).

Clearing out your cache sometimes helps but for now....

loader.gif

...just ride it out....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, Warm-Water Diver said:

I am just over 30 days out to my first MSC cruise and I have to say I'm completely disgusted with MSC's website.

Many days I can't even get to "view your cruise" (from Manage my booking). Website just sits and spins and occasionally displays the "request failed with status code 500"

Is it just me or does MSC need to hire some competent web developers? 

The kids just started school so give it a few more days until after they learn their ABCs. 

They're slowly building out their site and capabilities. They just added digital boarding passes on their app, which I'm guessing was a big project internally. Now that they're operating at the same scale as many of the other lines, I think they'll continue to invest in this space.

The website and app always seem to have issues. However, I have gotten the “Server 500 error” on several other websites in the past week and have rarely seen those before. It makes me wonder if there is a more widespread issue affecting multiple sites. 

• Like 1

Not just you.  
I'm trying to check in and it is testing my patience. 

I had originally booked this cruise for March with a group of friends. We were not able to go and moved the cruise to next month.  I still have all their cabins linked to my reservation. It is impossible to remove them.  
Yesterday I couldn't even get into the app to try to check in. 
So frustrating. 

2 hours ago, bluecontrolman said:

I had to use an incognito window to get it to work. 

This worked for me when I was having this issue last week, but ultimately, clearing my cache and deleting my MSC cookie resolved the issue entirely.

Edited by JamieLogical

5 hours ago, 1kaper said:

Not just you.  

I had originally booked this cruise for March with a group of friends. We were not able to go and moved the cruise to next month.  I still have all their cabins linked to my reservation. It is impossible to remove them.  
So frustrating. 

What do you mean their cabins are linked to your reservation? Just in terms of seats at dinner? Or do they have another way to view their reservations alongside yours?

4 hours ago, 1kaper said:

Not just you.  

So frustrating. 

Make sure after you cancel they double check their reservations, prices ,dates, and everything else as they could have issues.

Be safe and check it!

27 minutes ago, peder said:

What do you mean their cabins are linked to your reservation? Just in terms of seats at dinner? Or do they have another way to view their reservations alongside yours?

For dinner. 

34 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Make sure after you cancel they double check their reservations, prices ,dates, and everything else as they could have issues.

Be safe and check it!

Im going to roll the dice and just leave it. Not worth the frustration and risk of dealing with customer service. 

I have several other cabins linked to my reservation for my cruise next week. When I go to the web check-in and click to edit passenger info, I can see all their rooms listed with a big "Remove" button next to them. Do you not see something like that?

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have several other cabins linked to my reservation for my cruise next week. When I go to the web check-in and click to edit passenger info, I can see all their rooms listed with a big "Remove" button next to them. Do you not see something like that?

I do. But when I click it it just freezes. 

I’ve tried on laptop and my phone. Someone on a social media site said you have to call 

Edited by 1kaper

I finally got to the part where I can take my selfie for check in. Except it won’t take the picture until I start to close my eyes. 

And I keep getting an error when I enter the credit card. No idea why. 

it’s actually hilarious at this point. 

21 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

I finally got to the part where I can take my selfie for check in. Except it won’t take the picture until I start to close my eyes. 

And I keep getting an error when I enter the credit card. No idea why. 

it’s actually hilarious at this point. 

Well, the photo definitely doesn't matter because they will just retake it at the terminal anyway. For the credit card, just use one of the kiosks once onboard.

I just completed check in on the app.  Taking the picture worked for me after removing my glasses,  it did take the picture when my eyes were partially closed.   When registering the credit card a verification text request came up in Italian but worked well enough.  Total time was about five minutes.

Photo would not work for me at all in app on phone (Samsung). Camera started and showed my face but would not take the photo.  Worked for me on the computer but whew what a photo! Ha. 

I was able to enter the credit card info on the app. 

Lots of 500 errors when using the computer.

It will all work out, but not a positive experience.