CBX Shuttle from San Diego cruise port.

kenmerloo

Any recent information about shuttle service from San Diego cruise port to CBX?  Getting a lot of conflicting information on Google searches.  I would like to know where to catch one and is it necessary to pre book. Also, which company? 

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, kenmerloo said:

Any recent information about shuttle service from San Diego cruise port to CBX?  Getting a lot of conflicting information on Google searches.  I would like to know where to catch one and is it necessary to pre book. Also, which company? 

Many thanks 

This has nothing  to do with Holland America. I had to look up what CBX even means. Try the West Coast Departures board. 

• Like 1

For the benefit of those not familiar with CBX.   

CBX stands for Cross Border Express.     The Tijuana airport is on the USA border.    They built CBX to allow you to park your car or take a taxi to the CBX -they walk over the the Tijuana Aiport.   Or if you arrive in Tijuana you can more quickly enter the USA using CBX.   

I would be surprised if enough people cruising from San Diego arrive in Tijuana to justify a shuttle.   Plan on taking a UBER or taxi.  

For those going to SAN from outside the USA - especially from South America, the flights can be cheaper going into Tijuana rather that SAN.   Worth checking out.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There must be  quite a few, as I understand there is a shuttle service every 2 hours. As we are heading south after the cruise, so Tijuana Airport is the best option.. I was just hoping to hear from someone who has used the service.  

17 minutes ago, kenmerloo said:

There must be  quite a few, as I understand there is a shuttle service every 2 hours. As we are heading south after the cruise, so Tijuana Airport is the best option.. I was just hoping to hear from someone who has used the service.  

The shuttle you refer to runs from the Amtrak Station - Santa Fe Depot - to CBX - not the cruise terminal.   It is about a 4/10 mile walk from the Cruise Terminal to the Santa Fe Depot...

The shuttle is operated by  https://www.mexicoach.com/home

$14 

Uber is about $40 

image.thumb.png.c0b15a51510c9b414ef60bc0b05ab41a.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Thanks 2

Been bugging me so I will ask here excuse me but slightly off topic.   January 2023 took taxi from Cruise Terminal to airport and the taxi driver showed me a document which said fixed price of $30 to airport.   I am certain I was overcharged and did not give a tip.  Is there a fix price to airport?

Peter

38 minutes ago, SFO Peter said:

Been bugging me so I will ask here excuse me but slightly off topic.   January 2023 took taxi from Cruise Terminal to airport and the taxi driver showed me a document which said fixed price of $30 to airport.   I am certain I was overcharged and did not give a tip.  Is there a fix price to airport?

Peter

If you are referring to the Port of San Diego to the San Diego Airport, then you were indeed ripped off.  Unfortunately, there is no fixed price (which would eliminate this bs), and the fare should have been $13-$17 before tip. So sorry this happened to you.

@The-Inside-Cabin  As always Pete, you've been most informative on this thread.  Buckeye Strong!

9 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

The shuttle you refer to runs from the Amtrak Station - Santa Fe Depot - to CBX - not the cruise terminal.   It is about a 4/10 mile walk from the Cruise Terminal to the Santa Fe Depot...

$14 

Uber is about $40 

12 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I would catch an Uber.   Another option would be catch the trolley to San Ysidro and then a cab to CBX.  Doubt if there are many passengers who need a transfer to CBX.   

9 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

$14 

Uber is about $40 

Thanks for the information.  That's exactly what I was looking for. 

8 hours ago, julia said:

If you are referring to the Port of San Diego to the San Diego Airport, then you were indeed ripped off.  Unfortunately, there is no fixed price (which would eliminate this bs), and the fare should have been $13-$17 before tip. So sorry this happened to you.

@The-Inside-Cabin  As always Pete, you've been most informative on this thread.  Buckeye Strong!

===

Lesson learned.   I did protest the price but the driver was adamant that $30 was the price.   I will ask the taxi if metered or fix price for our next trip in December.    Of course we were in a hurry to get to San Diego Airport and at that time there were a shortage of taxis.    I should have written down the taxi cab identifications.

SFO Peter

11 hours ago, SFO Peter said:

Peter

We just disembarked Thurs in San on Eurodam. We took shuttle which was $10 each.  The shuttle vans were right before you get to the taxi stand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

We just disembarked Thurs in San on Eurodam. We took shuttle which was $10 each.  The shuttle vans were right before you get to the taxi stand.

To be clear, you mean shuttle to the AIRPORT, not the CBX, since that is the topic.

The CBX Shuttle leaves from Santa Fe Depot, the train station.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

To be clear, you mean shuttle to the AIRPORT, not the CBX, since that is the topic.

The CBX Shuttle leaves from Santa Fe Depot, the train station.

I think the convo was going in a couple of directions.  I was responding to SFO Peter's post #9

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 8:49 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

For those going to SAN from outside the USA - especially from South America, the flights can be cheaper going into Tijuana rather that SAN.   Worth checking out.

Plus, much cheaper going south from TIJ vs USA.  Friends flew to Cabo in June RT from TIJ for $85.  Neighbors fly to Mexico City all the time RT for less than $150.  Downside is most destinations from TIJ have a connection, except for Cabo.  But I understand that's about to change with direct flights from TIJ to the US.  

• Like 1