When does Royal assign GTY rooms?

5 minutes ago, umpisoccer said:

Does anyone know when Royal Carribean usually assigns your GTY interior room?  Is it around 30 days out or do they wait right up to the last minute?

It can literally be at any time. Sometimes very far out, sometimes much closer to your sailing.

Are you familiar with the bar code trick to figure out your cabin once you have checked in but before it is officially assigned?

Edited by OCSC Mike

9 minutes ago, umpisoccer said:

No how does the bar code trick work?

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

• Like 1

It varies.

A few assignments come early, but most are after final payment.  Lately of mine have been with in 45 days of sailing and often (not always) I have a clue from the barcode on my set sail pass.  A few assignments came right at 30 days.  Others came closer to sailing.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nice.  Those are rare.

Agree...probably was one of the last.   Especially with RCI...no such thing as a free lunch, when you can make money on it.   And seems many things are now no longer free...happy I am not into mass produced pizza!  🤪

• Like 2