booking next cruise while onboard - deposit amount for 11 night balcony cabin

tried searching but guess i am not using the right search words.

next month we are on Jewel ..... while onboard if we book an 11 night cruise in a balcony cabin for 2025 ex bayonne what is the deposit per person ?

and does the deposit change if you book refundable vs non refundable or the deposit amount on board is the same regardless of what you choose.

looking at a connecting balcony --  CB -  it's coming up today as   $7235 with refundable deposit and $6318 with non refundable.

that's a $900+ difference

there's a 80% chance we will take the 11 night cruise if we get time off approvals etc etc 

3 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

next month we are on Jewel ..... while onboard if we book an 11 night cruise in a balcony cabin for 2025 ex bayonne what is the deposit per person ?

and does the deposit change if you book refundable vs non refundable or the deposit amount on board is the same regardless of what you choose.

looking at a connecting balcony --  CB -  it's coming up today as   $7235 with refundable deposit and $6318 with non refundable.

there's a 80% chance we will take the 11 night cruise if we get time off approvals etc etc 

There is for sure a difference booking refundable vs nonrefundable with next cruise.

If refundable you pay the full deposit and get less obc. Is 11 night $900 deposit? My 10 day was.

I booked refundable then transferred to my TA for the group rate, so the higher price only hurt for a day or so until he moved me to the group rate.

I'm solo but pay deposit for 2 for group rates, so even for a 7 day I paid the full $500 deposit and only got $75 obc, not the full $100.

@Ourusualbeachwill know exactly and explain better.

11 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Booking a balcony NRD on board will get you a $200 OBC and you only need to pay the $200 deposit

If you book refundable you need to pay the full deposit of $900 and you get a $150 OBC

I'm looking at Odyssey for the 11 nighter in jan 2025 ..there are 2 sailings...one I believe is yeshiva week with lots of kids and a kosher solarium bistro ..the other week falls within our 10 year wedding anniversary.  Either one avoids the airport which is why.husband loves sailing out of bayonne....I tend to get bored on the longer cruises ...not sure how our 9 night Jewel will be next month..it's such a smaller ship but bermuda, aruba, curacao was hard to pass up even having to fly back from PR.  Never did Curacao but am very familiar with Bermuda and Aruba..think I would take the risk of losing a $200 deposit and book it.