Scarlet Lady / Live /Solo - Oct 18-22 2023

sid_9169

I'm bored, so I went back up to check on the soap situation at Gunbae. All three still empty! Just shows that they obviously don't give a hoot about the health of their customers. No more Virgin Voyages for me.

PXL_20231020_193617121.thumb.jpg.2932d60a37c63f8f971a145da4f17e20.jpg

PXL_20231020_193619469.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I think that I've decided to just be solo for the rest of the cruise.

You do you Sid! Been through a lot over the past few weeks. Take a moment, breath and relax. You are on a ship, almost all of us wish we were on one right now. Go take one of the cigars you bought and a glass of tequila and enjoy that ocean breeze tonight. 

Everything happens for a reason as my grandfather would say. Cheers!

• Like 18

People are beginning to come back from the beach club to the ship now. I wish that I had felt good enough to go out today, but it just wasn't to be. My stomach feels okay for now, but now I've got a runny nose and itchy throat. I bought some zicam and other stuff that will hopefully knock that out before it gets too bad. I'm also tired as ever, so I hope it's not the Rona...

PXL_20231020_194317059.jpg

• Like 14

Oh that is awful Sid! So sorry you are sick.

I am going to put my nurse hat on...this is reportable to the CD, right now.

I may look to see if they take any kind of reporting.

VV is giving cruising a bad name; EU vs USA standards?

Hope you are better soon....

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 8

It's finally hot and sunny outside, but it's too late to go out and do anything, plus I still feel like rubbish. Dinner is at Pink Agave at 6:45, although I'm not going to be able to do it justice like I normally would. 

I ran into JinxyB down at the pool. She's been over at the beach club most of the day, and will maybe be joining me for dinner...

• Like 24

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

What a sucky way to spend vacation... That money is gone, no "do overs", I'm just going to try and make the best of it... Oh yeah, on top of the stomach thing, I think I'm getting cruise crud now...

Hey Sid. I'm in NJ & had the same thing last week, started with the stomach & then bad head & chest cold. I have 1 son in PA & another in CA & they both had it. It's everywhere right now

• Like 6

Been just hanging out in the room watching TV for a bit. There's only four channels, so pretty slim pickins'... Two BBC news channels and two ESPN'S... Out just soaking up some sun walking around the walking track...

PXL_20231020_211743406.thumb.jpg.2e68bed38c3ab06472cd3d6385e2eee8.jpg

PXL_20231020_211808698.jpg

• Like 15

Back behind the white fence is the crew hang out area. Smoking, I assume drinking sometimes... A lot of the employees here have much more freedom to mingle with guests, and even eat in the restaurants than crew on other cruise lines.

PXL_20231020_212327541.jpg

• Like 14

Passengers are returning in droves from the beach club to get ready for dinner or whatever else they may have planned tonight. It's probably going to be an early night for me, as I had very little sleep last night, even though I was in bed for about nine hours... 

• Like 16

Good luck with that... Just out of curiosity I popped by Gunbae again and there's still no soap. Make a note if you're taking a Virgin Voyage to bring some soap from home... 

Absolutely utter neglect of health and safety standards... And, these are the only sinks anywhere near The Galley...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

What a sucky way to spend vacation... That money is gone, no "do overs", I'm just going to try and make the best of it... Oh yeah, on top of the stomach thing, I think I'm getting cruise crud now...

So is it really true that a bad day on a cruise is still better than being at work back home?

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Good luck with that... Just out of curiosity I popped by Gunbae again and there's still no soap. Make a note if you're taking a Virgin Voyage to bring some soap from home... 

Absolutely utter neglect of health and safety standards... And, these are the only sinks anywhere near The Galley...

Even if you bring your own soap you have to worry about all of the other people that don't. I'd be most concerned about the people working in the kitchens. 

• Like 17

I did find a restroom hidden away in a corner at the other end of The Galley that actually has soap, but you have to look hard to even find it. Both Carnival and Norwegian have sinks all over the buffet and other eating areas.

PXL_20231020_213558357.thumb.jpg.4d5d2d2570598074e17ecedede1b7440.jpg

PXL_20231020_213603109.jpg

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Even if you bring your own soap you have to worry about all of the other people that don't. I'd be most concerned about the people working in the kitchens. 

True. I read an article recently that said around 90% of food born illness comes from poor standards in the kitchen... Employees not washing their hands, food temperature levels, ect.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So is it really true that a bad day on a cruise is still better than being at work back home?

Truth? I almost wish I was back home instead of here sick on a trip that I've got more than two grand into...

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I did find a restroom hidden away in a corner at the other end of The Galley that actually has soap, but you have to look hard to even find it. Both Carnival and Norwegian have sinks all over the buffet and other eating areas.

PXL_20231020_213558357.thumb.jpg.4d5d2d2570598074e17ecedede1b7440.jpg

PXL_20231020_213603109.jpg

I'd avoid that right urinal when in port. I bet this bathroom is just as visible from other ships as that gym one I saw when I was on Celebration.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Sucks that I don't even feel like drinking, which is highly unusual for me. I'm going to choke down a bottle of champagne either way, just to try and blow through some of my Bar Tab. If it comes down to it, I'll drink $35 shots of tequila tomorrow...

• Like 20