Stateroom upgrade above 1 bedroom GS (Allure) question?

Doc2725

I have a BOA RCI credit card with about 30k points on it. One of the redemption options is to use those points for a stateroom upgrade. My question here is, if I used it to upgrade my stateroom, what would be the next stateroom up from a 1 BR Grand Suite on Allure of the Seas?

46 minutes ago, Doc2725 said:

I have a BOA RCI credit card with about 30k points on it. One of the redemption options is to use those points for a stateroom upgrade. My question here is, if I used it to upgrade my stateroom, what would be the next stateroom up from a 1 BR Grand Suite on Allure of the Seas?

I'd bet there is small print, something like doesnt apply to suites. I would read the small print first... and then dream about a upgrade. .. or the points cover a portion of the price.  

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'd bet there is small print, something like doesnt apply to suites. I would read the small print first... and then dream about a upgrade. .. or the points cover a portion of the price.  

Thank you. I am leaning toward just using it toward an OBC, which would be around $250-$300. I already have a $250 OBC from my TA, so combined it would be $500. I will then use it for the beverage packages on our 3-night cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc2725 said:

If you read the fine print the cabin upgrades are almost impossible to get unless you have overpaid for your cabin in the first place

ScreenShot2023-10-16at11_16_21AM.thumb.png.42b0cbb3dcd17e7534d0767ccce601be.png

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

If you read the fine print the cabin upgrades are almost impossible to get unless you have overpaid for your cabin in the first place

ScreenShot2023-10-16at11_16_21AM.thumb.png.42b0cbb3dcd17e7534d0767ccce601be.png

I ended up just using it to buy a $250 OBC. Combined with the promo OBC I received from my TA when I booked, I will now have over $500 in OBC. This is in addition to a dining credit for one dinner at any specialty restaurant.

• Like 1