When is an offer not an offer?

gymfreak

Received this generic email from Azamara today for our upcoming cruise in November 

Dear VICKI,

We can't wait to welcome you onboard for your upcoming cruise! Now through October 20, 2023, you can save up to 20% on immersive Shore Excursions, Unlimited Internet Package, or upgrade to top-shelf liquors and wines with the Ultimate Beverage Package. Whether you want to explore like a local with shore excursions, share your favorite memories of your cruise in real time, or enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails, we have the perfect package to make your voyage truly exceptional.

Book your package or excursion today to take advantage of this limited-time offer.

Change The Way You Sea

As Discoverer Plus with over 20 plus cruises I already get 20% saving on the drink package advertised.Also again due to status will get savings on my Wifi

So it seems someone who has never cruised with Azamara before will get exactly the same discount on their upgraded drinks package as I would. You would think they would a little more to loyalty members who already qualify for the discount offered

I really think it’s another “ downgrade “ of he loyalty scheme for loyal cruisers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gymfreak said:

Received this generic email from Azamara today for our upcoming cruise in November 

Dear VICKI,

We can't wait to welcome you onboard for your upcoming cruise! Now through October 20, 2023, you can save up to 20% on immersive Shore Excursions, Unlimited Internet Package, or upgrade to top-shelf liquors and wines with the Ultimate Beverage Package. Whether you want to explore like a local with shore excursions, share your favorite memories of your cruise in real time, or enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails, we have the perfect package to make your voyage truly exceptional.

Book your package or excursion today to take advantage of this limited-time offer.

Change The Way You Sea

As Discoverer Plus with over 20 plus cruises I already get 20% saving on the drink package advertised.Also again due to status will get savings on my Wifi

So it seems someone who has never cruised with Azamara before will get exactly the same discount on their upgraded drinks package as I would. You would think they would a little more to loyalty members who already qualify for the discount offered

I really think it’s another “ downgrade “ of he loyalty scheme for loyal cruisers. 

Agreed.

I received the same email and to be honest can't be bothered to chase these "savings" on their  messed up website.  Sometimes a deal is no deal when you factor in the frustration factor. 

I will do my bookings onboard.

This was an issue before the website issues and rumours about the status of Loyalty recognition, it has always been the case that these promotions encouraged new cruisers rather than repeaters.

1 hour ago, gymfreak said:

Dear VICKI,

Change The Way You Sea

are they promoting the indulgence package?  That's what it sounds like to me.

Edited by laurieb

23 minutes ago, laurieb said:

are they promoting the indulgence package?  That's what it sounds like to me.

The IP is not included in the promotion, as far as I can see. This is precisely the offering:

We can't wait to welcome you onboard for your upcoming cruise! Now through October 20, 2023, you can save up to 20% on immersive Shore Excursions, Unlimited Internet Package, or upgrade to top-shelf liquors and wines with the Ultimate Beverage Package. Whether you want to explore like a local with shore excursions, share your favorite memories of your cruise in real time, or enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails, we have the perfect package to make your voyage truly exceptional.

We accepted one of the items offered, booked it with no problems, and consider it most generous! 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Dear VICKI,

Change The Way You Sea

However if I understand correctly, a newbie has to purchase a package to obtain the discount but you don't?? You save $1600 by not purchasing the package and the complaint is ?? Sorry if I am having a senior moment.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

14 minutes ago, anniegb said:

However if I understand correctly, a newbie has to purchase a package to obtain the discount but you don't?? You save $1600 by not purchasing the package and the complaint is ?? Sorry if I am having a senior moment.

Annie

No Anne sorry you are having a senior moment Everyone gets the basic drinks package but if you want to upgrade then all of us have to pay

15 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

No Anne sorry you are having a senior moment Everyone gets the basic drinks package but if you want to upgrade then all of us have to pay

Thanks - no senior moment 🙂

So your loyalty discount gives you a 20% discount of the upgraded price but a newbie to obtain the discounted price has to buy a package which is a flat rate irrespective of length of cruise?? or are they just discounting the upgraded package to increase sales??

Is that correct ?? 

PS I do think it is odd the onboard Experience More package prices are a flat rate irrespective of voyage length (apart from those less than 8 days??) - I think Azamara are missing a trick there.

Edited by anniegb
  • Like 1

There is a sliding scale of discounts for all returning guests on the ultimate package up to 25% for those at the highest level of loyalty but only for purchasing onboard  Those at the lower level of loyalty and those with no sailings can now enjoy a 20% discount by booking pre boarding, those on the tier that already gets 20% has no benefit and those at 25% would be worse off this this offer.

Likewise those at the highest level of loyalty already get unlimited wifi so the offer is of no benefit to them

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

There is a sliding scale of discounts for all returning guests on the ultimate package up to 25% for those at the highest level of loyalty but only for purchasing onboard  Those at the lower level of loyalty and those with no sailings can now enjoy a 20% discount by booking pre boarding, those on the tier that already gets 20% has no benefit and those at 25% would be worse off this this offer.

Likewise those at the highest level of loyalty already get unlimited wifi so the offer is of no benefit to them

Thank you.  Got it.

I am a returning Azamara passenger, from years ago, and very surprised that I do qualify for any discount.  Some cruiselines reset your loyalty level if you have not cruised with them for 3 years so I think Azamara is generous in that respect.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Thank you.  Got it.

I am a returning Azamara passenger, from years ago, and very surprised that I do qualify for any discount.  Some cruiselines reset your loyalty level if you have not cruised with them for 3 years so I think Azamara is generous in that respect.  

You would qualify for a discount on packages onboard - but it would be less than 20% so you are better with the offer.  The issue made by others who have high levels of loyalty is that the offer is of no benefit to them.  You do not lose loyalty in that respect

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

You would qualify for a discount on packages onboard - but it would be less than 20% so you are better with the offer.  The issue made by others who have high levels of loyalty is that the offer is of no benefit to them.  You do not lose loyalty in that respect

Thanks.

If only I have been made the offer 😉

I have no complaints.  

On board purchases will improve my cash flow; pre-board purchases will benefit Azamara cash flow.

As a solo passenger, at least I am not charged the solo penalty for buying drinks packages as Celebrity now does on some of their sailings.

I know I am easily pleased 😉

1 minute ago, anniegb said:

Thanks.

If only I have been made the offer 😉

I have no complaints.  

On board purchases will improve my cash flow; pre-board purchases will benefit Azamara cash flow.

As a solo passenger, at least I am not charged the solo penalty for buying drinks packages as Celebrity now does on some of their sailings.

I know I am easily pleased 😉

When are you sailing?  Maybe you should check on your roll call if others in the sailing have had the offer - if they have you should follow this up with your travel agent or with the cruise line if you booked direct

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

When are you sailing?  Maybe you should check on your roll call if others in the sailing have had the offer - if they have you should follow this up with your travel agent or with the cruise line if you booked direct

Thanks - soon but later this year. 

Our Roll Call is very quiet but that is a good idea - I will ask.

If I ask my TA, she may think I am trying to take sugar out of her or Azamara's tea 😉

Thanks again

5 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Dear VICKI,

Change The Way You Sea

Vicki, like you I received this email and as Discoverer Plus was totally bewildered by it.

I have been tempted to waste my precious time and ring Azamara to try and procure a 40% discount 😜

I'll probably wait until I'm onboard check out the tonic water situation, and the Ultimate Package wines and use my OBC if they tick all the boxes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Thanks - soon but later this year. 

Our Roll Call is very quiet but that is a good idea - I will ask.

If I ask my TA, she may think I am trying to take sugar out of her or Azamara's tea 😉

Thanks again

As I understand the offer is only on some November sailings but you could check