Captains club benefits

dundeelass

22 hours ago, Marcus305 said:

I'm familiar with the menu, but Celebrity is presumably not expecting its guests to order Bacardi white rum straight.  I was looking to see what rum drinks people have ordered using the Elite benefit.

Are you saying that they won’t serve you a shot of Bacardi straight up or on the rocks? That makes zero sense because plenty of people order scotch with no mixer. Since juices and soft drinks are on the menu you should be able to order a rum with whatever mixers/juices are also on the gratis menu. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Are you saying that they won’t serve you a shot of Bacardi straight up or on the rocks? That makes zero sense because plenty of people order scotch with no mixer. Since juices and soft drinks are on the menu you should be able to order a rum with whatever mixers/juices are also on the gratis menu. 

No, I just meant that most people probably do not want white rum straight or on the rocks.  I agree with you on the juices, but I'm not so sure about the mixers.  The pool bars and sunset bar will probably be my best bet for going off menu a bit in terms of the mixers.

• Like 1

I wish Celebrity would have addressed this issue on their website question and answer.  I'm sure people beside myself sent in a 'sticky note' about the Elite/Elite Plus drink benefits.  Many people are having dinner between 5-7, so Celebrity's benefit is almost useless since you can't use in the dinning rooms.   And the menu is very limited.

I just got off RC and was surprised by their drink benefits for Diamond and above.  We got 4 drinks, added to our sea card every 24 hours.  They could be used anywhere on the ship, including the dining rooms.  No set menu, any drink $14 or less.  You just handed over your sea pass and the receipt was $0 and indicated that this was drink 1 out of 4.   So easy and a true benefit.  

Too bad I like Celebrity Cruise Line better☺️

many get a drink or 2 at the start of the cocktail hr or a bit later..and then head to dinner.  I don't think it's intended that folks stay and drink for the full time.  

many have drink packages anyhow. 

use of the perk in the dining rm would slow things down quite a bit..slow as it is now!

We had late dining, so the elite cocktail hour worked for us.  We had wine, beer, gin and tonic, and other included drinks - usually one or two alcoholic beverages each for my husband and I.  We also made sure to get cans of soda and water (unopened) to take back to our cabin. We did not have the drink package. 

9 hours ago, hurwitz5 said:

We had late dining, so the elite cocktail hour worked for us.  We had wine, beer, gin and tonic, and other included drinks - usually one or two alcoholic beverages each for my husband and I.  We also made sure to get cans of soda and water (unopened) to take back to our cabin. We did not have the drink package. 

Is it possible to get unopened cans of beer to take back to the cabin?

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You receive an instruction sheet in your statement on boarding, which tells you all about the elite benefits and events.

In your cabin on embarkation day.

There is no mention however of the free laundry, which is 2 bags per person.

IMG_1989.thumb.jpeg.7ed86487d62ccb1d321d054304123456.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

In your cabin on embarkation day.

There is no mention however of the free laundry, which is 2 bags per person.

IMG_1989.thumb.jpeg.7ed86487d62ccb1d321d054304123456.jpeg

Two important points

1. this sheet is for Elite Plus

2. the laundry benefit, as well as others, is printed on the reverse side

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, itsanita said:

I wish Celebrity would have addressed this issue on their website question and answer.  I'm sure people beside myself sent in a 'sticky note' about the Elite/Elite Plus drink benefits.  Many people are having dinner between 5-7, so Celebrity's benefit is almost useless since you can't use in the dinning rooms.   And the menu is very limited.

I just got off RC and was surprised by their drink benefits for Diamond and above.  We got 4 drinks, added to our sea card every 24 hours.  They could be used anywhere on the ship, including the dining rooms.  No set menu, any drink $14 or less.  You just handed over your sea pass and the receipt was $0 and indicated that this was drink 1 out of 4.   So easy and a true benefit.  

Royal Caribbean's drink benefits for Diamond and above put Celebrity's cocktail hour to shame.  I really wish Celebrity would follow the same approach.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s ok to wish but don’t look for it to ever happen.

More likely that Royals benefits will be cut back. Something is happening there with the Diamond lounges being renamed Crown lounges. They are laying the groundwork for changes. 

3 hours ago, Miss Studio said:

There’s no Cocktail Hour on the first night?

That is correct.  CC Happy Hour is not observed on embarkation day.  It's a  hold over from when the event was held in the Sky Lounge. 

Edited by DaKahuna

On 10/22/2023 at 9:23 AM, Charles4515 said:

More likely that Royals benefits will be cut back. Something is happening there with the Diamond lounges being renamed Crown lounges. They are laying the groundwork for changes. 

There was a cruise not too long ago where Royal had a high number of Pinnacles, Diamond Plus, and Diamond on board.  I can’t recall the ship, but, for that particular cruise—the “Crown Lounge” was available for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle for a set time in the evening, with hors d’ouvres.  (Diamond were still welcome at all other times).  Hence, the name change—can’t easily deny access to the “Diamond Lounge” for “Diamonds”.

38 minutes ago, Miss Studio said:

There was a cruise not too long ago where Royal had a high number of Pinnacles, Diamond Plus, and Diamond on board.  I can’t recall the ship, but, for that particular cruise—the “Crown Lounge” was available for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle for a set time in the evening, with hors d’ouvres.  (Diamond were still welcome at all other times).  Hence, the name change—can’t easily deny access to the “Diamond Lounge” for “Diamonds”.

On last Sept Arctic cruise on the Voyager of the Seas ,there were so  Pinnacles , they had the Viking Crown lounge from 5-8 each evening 

And Diamonds were in the Star lounge 

On 10/21/2023 at 6:56 PM, itsanita said:

Yes, this is so much better. What if you want a drink before 5pm or after 7pm? Do you just lose your benefit? How much do people order during that 2 hour window? I have my first Celebrity cruise coming up in February. Sounds like Royal definitely wins in the drink benefit category. That's sad. 

On 10/22/2023 at 10:03 AM, DaKahuna said:

That is correct.  CC Happy Hour is not observed on embarkation day.  It's a  hold over from when the event was held in the Sky Lounge. 

So, no drink benefit at all for Elite and above on the first day of a sailing?