Live! Jewel of the Seas B2B October 20, 2023 to November 9, 2023: A Canada & New England Adventure with Dragon of the Seas  

Getting home from Newark was fun.  First off, my father passed away while we were in Canada.  He'd been in hospice for months and my sister lives very close to them. We decided to stay on until NJ as it would have taken us a few days to get back from Canada.  From getting off the ship (customs/immigration, etc) to actually getting to an airport and then home, it would have taken us almost as long to get back. So, we cancelled our two days in NYC and went straight to the NY Penn (Moynihan) train station.  We had changed our tickets a few days before.   We still got business class, but weren't seated together.  When we got up that morning in Bayonne, we got an alert the train was running late.  It ended up being about 3 hours late as were several other NE corridor trains.  All due to an issue near Boston.   We got in around 9, instead of 6 to Manassas on a packed train.  So glad we had business class reserved seats.  We got home Thurs night and flew to Dallas on Sunday.  My dad's service is here (town near Dallas) tomorrow (Tuesday) and we return home to VA on Saturday.  Talk about trains, planes and automobiles (and ships).   Then, I'm hosting Thanksgiving for 8 or 9 people.  

@DragonOfTheSeas  glad you guys got home okay, even if it was a long ride back. Rehab isn't fun, but at least he'll be home soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

Getting home from Newark was fun.  First off, my father passed away while we were in Canada. 

So sorry to hear this.  While it may have been expected, it is still  very sad for you and your family.  You will need a big rest when you get back to Virginia. 

• Like 1