Live! Jewel of the Seas B2B October 20, 2023 to November 9, 2023: A Canada & New England Adventure with Dragon of the Seas  

17 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

The history teacher in me couldn't help myself.  HaHaHa

Here is a map that shows the area of Boston in 1630. [dark green] You can see it was a much smaller land mass. You can see how small the neck of land that led to Boston was and why they needed to be warned that the British were coming.  All of the light green has been filled in since then to enlarge the city.

Great map of Boston in 1630.  I don't remember ever seeing that before.

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We are no longer on the ship. My husband had a fall this morning and we are at the hospital in Portland, ME. We will not be returning to the cruise. Thank you all for following along. Hope to see you again soon.

I'm so sorry! Praying for a quick recovery. So sad to end a vacation that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We are no longer on the ship. My husband had a fall this morning and we are at the hospital in Portland, ME. We will not be returning to the cruise. Thank you all for following along. Hope to see you again soon.

Oh no….I hope everything will be OK with your husband. Take care!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

In addition to a quick recovery, I hope you don't get a bill/charge from RCI (PVSA fine).

I had not even thought of that.  

However, the ability to use our Medicare and insurance in the USA would more than make up for that. We were docked at the harbor in Portland when it happened.  So, we were in the US,

• Like 2

Oh, no!  Sure hope that Alan's injuries are not serious and that you will be on your way home soon via land or air rather than sea.  So much for the best laid plans.  Please give him a big hug from me.  You hang in and be strong.  In the meantime, here's a little virtual help...

The Best Vegan Matzo Ball Soup - ZardyPlants

Couldn't hurt.😉  Good for whatever ails you.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I am so sorry and hope that your husband feels better very soon

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.  And having been assessed a PVSA fine myself last year, it happens when you leave the ship at the first US port after visiting a foreign port of call.  Celebrity charged me before we even left the ship.  You should be clear.  Good luck.

On 10/26/2023 at 10:34 PM, TheGuys16 said:

Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.  And having been assessed a PVSA fine myself last year, it happens when you leave the ship at the first US port after visiting a foreign port of call.  Celebrity charged me before we even left the ship.  You should be clear.  Good luck.

Actually it's for transportation between two US ports which is not allowed. The foreign port has no impact on that. It's that you boarded in one US port and got off in another US port 

Edited by BND

4 hours ago, BND said:

Actually it's for transportation between two US ports which is not allowed. The foreign port has no impact on that. It's that you boarded in one US port and got off in another US port 

If they charge us It will be annoying--but, small in the scheme of things.  DH is still in the hospital.  We are SO glad we have trip insurance. They are arranging medical transport back to Virginia when he is able to leave the hospital. They pay upfront up to the policy imit.  Our RCL insurance policy has a $50,000 limit.  This is a huge deal for me.  

• Like 5

@DragonOfTheSeas, thank you for the update. I’ve been wondering if you and your DH had managed to get home yet. It must have been quite the fall! I hope that you are able to get him out of the hospital soon, and get both of you safely home. 

I’m happy to hear that you have trip insurance. It certainly does make a big difference when the time comes that you need it. Your story is a good example of why having insurance is a good idea. You may never need it, but that one time that you do it can be life changing. 

• Like 3