Rebooking after fare drop loss of onboard credit ?

horseymike

Spoke to an HAL representative today about repricing our cruise due to a fare drop.

She said she could do it but that we would lose our onboard credit if we did. I told her our onboard credit was a shareholder benefit, she said that did not matter we would still lose it if we repriced the fare .

Any thoughts or suggestions ? 
Thanks

Are you sure that is the only on board credit you currently have? If it is just call back and speak to someone else.Although there are some prices codes that are not eligible for the CCL stock credit (although fare). But if this is just a normal reduced fare and you are before final there should be no reason to take away the CCL stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Spoke to an HAL representative today about repricing our cruise due to a fare drop.

She said she could do it but that we would lose our onboard credit if we did. I told her our onboard credit was a shareholder benefit, she said that did not matter we would still lose it if we repriced the fare .

Any thoughts or suggestions ? 
Thanks

if the rebooking savings is bigger than the shareholder OBC I think I would go ahead and rebook, and then reapply for the shareholder OBC.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I would think that since you applied for the shareholder benefit and it is tied to a booking number that when you rebook you get a new booking number and can then apply for the shareholder benefit under that booking number.  Make sense?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with those who say just reapply for the credit. One other thing that you should also watch out for is will the required deposit change if you would now be under a new fare code. You could have the entire cruise cancelled! I know we once had a price drop, but it required a higher deposit. When our TA warned us of this, we took the price drop and made sure to pay the extra deposit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Shalandara said:

I would think that since you applied for the shareholder benefit and it is tied to a booking number that when you rebook you get a new booking number and can then apply for the shareholder benefit under that booking number.  Make sense?

When we have had our TA re-fare the cruise with HAL due to a price drop or better package, we’ve kept the same booking number, even though the benefits & deposit amount changed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

When we have had our TA re-fare the cruise with HAL due to a price drop or better package, we’ve kept the same booking number, even though the benefits & deposit amount changed.

This is one of the reasons we also use a TA, they work magic with things like price changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is that whether it is a TA or a PCC, you have to have the right person.  I have found that the person who cares the most about my problems is me which is why I like to have control of my own reservation.  Even though I have to go through a lot of trouble to get things resolved, at least I can keep pursuing the problem rather than being told "no" by a TA or PCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

The problem is that whether it is a TA or a PCC, you have to have the right person.  I have found that the person who cares the most about my problems is me which is why I like to have control of my own reservation.  Even though I have to go through a lot of trouble to get things resolved, at least I can keep pursuing the problem rather than being told "no" by a TA or PCC.

I so agree with this.  I recently went through the process of rather than cancelling a 7 day Norway cruise because HAL had made changes I wanted to move the FCC to a 14 day British Isle cruise.  The FCC is of course your deposit for the cruise.  Even though I was working with a TA, HAL demanded another deposit to transfer to the 14 day cruise plus lowered the OBC from the original 7 day cruise.  When I inquired why, I couldn't receive a satisfactory answer, other than there needs to be a payment to secure Club Orange.  The original booking at Club Orange so all that was being transferred over and the new deposit amount was just an arbitrary amount as it far exceeded the cost of CO.  It left me very unsatisfied.  Eventually I ended up cancelling the 14 day cruise because HAL made significant changes to that itinerary also and I didn't have the motivation to try and move it again to another cruise.

What I find most frustrating about these experiences is that when I and others call to transfer the bookings we are actually trying NOT to cancel our cruise all together.  We are trying to book another cruise, we are trying to remain loyal and yet the poor booking service leaves a lot to be desired.  It seems that some of the HAL Staff don't always seem to understand this.

• Like 1