BCN to FRA to RDU (80 minute connection time at FRA)

ncgolferette

Looking at booking flights for my Celebrity cruise for a return early October 2024.  Celebrity is offering a Lufthansa return flight at a great price and the flight is BCN to FRA to RDU.  Lufthansa is starting non stop flights from Frankfurt to Raleigh which is alluring.  My concern is this itinerary only allows an 80 minute layover to make the connecting in Frankfurt.   Will that be enough time?

also, will there be immigration/passport control at Barcelona going to Frankfurt or just in Frankfurt or at both places.?

thanks for any information or guidance.  

I have very often flown to the US via FRA - my experience is that 80 minutes is sufficient.
Passport control is only in FRA.

Baggage will be checked through to final destination in the US.

LH will do everything to ensure that you reach your connection in the event of a delay.

58 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I agree the 80 minutes is fine. You will have an exiting EU passport check, plus an additional passport check for your US bound flight.

Where will the two passport checks be please?  Barcelona, Frankfurt or US.  Thanks all for the information.  I will go and book the flights.  Getting $2800 round trip business class.  RDU to FCO on Air Canada going and the Lufthansa flight coming home. 

Once again thanks. 

3 minutes ago, ncgolferette said:

Where will the two passport checks be please?  Barcelona, Frankfurt or US.  Thanks all for the information.  I will go and book the flights.  Getting $2800 round trip business class.  RDU to FCO on Air Canada going and the Lufthansa flight coming home. 

Once again thanks. 

The two passport checks will be at FRA. First, as you go from the domestic wing to the international wing, and then at the gate.

You will have US Immigration and Customs in RDU.