The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 22nd, 2023

richwmn

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, it is with heavy heart and great disappointment that we have decided to cancel our trip.

Thank you for all your support and prayers.

I will post when I am able to do so.

Terri

Terri, We are so sorry to hear about cancelling your trip.

- Jack

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I don’t like nuts in cooked foods either except for certain things like pecan pie or baked oatmeal or certain Asian dishes and detest them with ice cream. 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

OMG, I hate nuts in ice cream as well.  My dad loved Butter Pecan Ice Cream and we had that a lot when I was a kid. They all thought I was weird for not wanting any.  

Never, never nuts in ice cream -- and I think both my parents loved it.  I also don't like nuts in cookies or any baked goods. 

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I'm going to have to try the Guinness Pie.  Have either of you made Beef and Guiness, a type of beef stew that is made with Guiness.  That is my go to recipe for St. Pat's Day rather than corned beef and cabbage.  When I was in Dublin once I ordered Beef and Guiness and told the waiter I wanted to see if their's was as good as what I made at home.  They enjoyed that.

I haven't, Debbie.  Could you post that recipe too? I do remember having a stew in Dublin, but can't remember if it had Guinness. 

• Like 8

@JazzyV just a heads up,  when I had my epidural it took about one week for it to kick in and before it did I actually felt worse not better.  

@Cruzin Terri so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. I hope things work out for you and that whatever caused this is resolved soon.

Sorry to hear that @kazu's flights were delayed from FLL.   

Bon Voyage to all that are leaving for cruises or are on cruises.  

The weather in South Florida is finally habitable after one of the worst summers on record for heat and humidity. We could not go outside for months during the day.  For the last week we have had days in the 80's and nights that are cool. So much better.

Sending healing thoughts to all who need them.  

• Like 15

59 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Never, never nuts in ice cream -- and I think both my parents loved it.  I also don't like nuts in cookies or any baked goods. 

I haven't, Debbie.  Could you post that recipe too? I do remember having a stew in Dublin, but can't remember if it had Guinness. 

I'll look for it.  I do find it interesting that most recipes here put carrots in it, but there were no carrots in the version I had in Dublin.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, luvteaching said:

First part: The best advice I was given when I was going through this with my DH was be sure to do something for yourself every day.

Second part: We have to take care of ourselves or we're no good to the one we're caring for.

@luvteaching Thank you. I've been telling myself your second part but I haven't put your first part into action. And, focusing on what you said made me realize that without doing the first, the second is only a grand concept.

Thanks for causing me to think,

-Melisa

• Like 12

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm going to have to try the Guinness Pie.  Have either of you made Beef and Guiness, a type of beef stew that is made with Guiness.  That is my go to recipe for St. Pat's Day rather than corned beef and cabbage.  When I was in Dublin once I ordered Beef and Guiness and told the waiter I wanted to see if their's was as good as what I made at home.  They enjoyed that.

I would love your recipe Debbie!  I’m not a huge fan of beef stew but with the Guinness it sounds better. 

• Like 8

@HAL Sailer. I'm glad to hear that you are able to think about taking care of yourself. My DS was a godsend. He took Monday mornings off of work and came and stayed with DH while I headed to water aerobics and some "me time". They had father-son time, some good visiting and bonding, and I got to be away for a bit. If you have a family member or someone who can come in for a few hours even once a week it's worth it. After DH passed away in June DS commented on how much those Monday mornings meant to him and I know they were important to DH because he had to be up, dressed and eating breakfast when DS got here. 

This is a journey and not always an easy one. I'm thinking of you!!

Karen

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.  We will get through this.

It is just unfortunate that things happened the way they did.

God Bless you all.

Terri

Terri, I’m sorry about your cruise cancellation. I’m sure that it was a very difficult decision. 

• Like 4