Dining Reservations

seasidemn

41 minutes ago, mbtabs said:

Follow-up on this, we are booked on Grandeur for 16 night on a Panama crossing in Dec.

Even though it is a long-ish voyage, would we still be limited to one reservation in each for the entire cruise? in other words, it's definitely based on "segment" rather that cruise length....

I know there is potential for drop-ins, but I'm a bit concerned as our first Regent experience (11 nights in French Polynesia in late 2019), I couldn't get a second night in Prime 7 no matter what I tried.

It’s 1 per restaurant for the cruise for prebooking. 

10 hours ago, mbtabs said:

we are booked on Grandeur for 16 night on a Panama crossing in Dec.

Even though it is a long-ish voyage, would we still be limited to one reservation in each for the entire cruise?

You can make one reservation in each speciality restaurant on-line prior to the cruise.

You can then try for further reservations once you are on board by visiting or phoning the dining reservations desk.

On a 16 night cruise you should not have an issue with additional reservations, especially if you are flexible on dates, times and willingness to share.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mbtabs said:

Follow-up on this, we are booked on Grandeur for 16 night on a Panama crossing in Dec.

Even though it is a long-ish voyage, would we still be limited to one reservation in each for the entire cruise? in other words, it's definitely based on "segment" rather that cruise length....

I know there is potential for drop-ins, but I'm a bit concerned as our first Regent experience (11 nights in French Polynesia in late 2019), I couldn't get a second night in Prime 7 no matter what I tried.

We just got off the 16 night LA to Miami through the canal cruise on Grandeur 4 days ago.  It was spectacular!!!   Anyway, as others have said, only 1 reservation in each specialty restaurant, however Prime 7 and Chartreuse are open for lunch on a walk up basis.  Although it isn't the dinner menu, we ate in there 3 or 4 times and really enjoyed it. 

But,... interestingly on the first night (departure day) we went to Compass Rose about 7:15, a large group showed up ahead of us.  When we got to the Maitre'd station they said there was no wait in Pacific Rim or Prime 7 if we'd like to go. So the four of us "beat feet" to Pacific Rim and had a wonderful meal!!  We were also able to get a second reservation in Prime 7 later in the cruise.  Just go to the Dining Reservations office on Deck 5 and see what's available.  

So you shouldn't have much of a problem getting more reservations, especially if you are willing to share a table. 

Enjoy your cruise... Grandeur is beautiful and the Panama Canal is amazing! 

• Like 1

We also just got off the LA to Miami cruise. We had our reservations early in the cruise. About mid-cruise we wanted to eat at Pacific Rim again. I went to the reservation desk in the afternoon and was offered one shared table and two tables for two that night. It was similar for Chartreuse a few nights later. 

The only restaurant we had any trouble with was Sette Mare which was quite popular. 

Terrific, thanks for the updated info. 

We will book our reserved nights early in the trip so we can prioritize the ones we want to try again. 

Glad to hear it hasn't been an issue! 

On 10/22/2023 at 1:00 PM, Gpilon said:

We were in a Grand Suite twice on Splendor over the past 14 months, and were able to order rood service from any dining venue as long as they were open. We will be on Grandeur in July and trust this perk stays in place for us.

Hi,  We are in the Grand Suite 785 on a cruise in March.  Which one were you in?  Any comments/opinions on the suite?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Socky Sunshine said:

Hi,  We are in the Grand Suite 785 on a cruise in March.  Which one were you in?  Any comments/opinions on the suite?

Hey, Socky Sunshine….we are in 785 in April.  Have a sensational cruise.  Pictures, please ! 

4 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

The only restaurant we had any trouble with was Sette Mare which was quite popular. 

For Sette Mari we'd put our names in at around 6:30, peak dinner time which usually had a 45-60 minute wait, which was fine with us. We told them which lounge we'd be at, and they'd call the lounge when our table was ready. That worked well for us. 

Booking question: I have a shared table reservation at Prime 7. If I search for a non-sharing table, I get the following (see screenshot). Does this mean the two-top is available, or is it just showing my current reservation? If I click "reserve new" will my existing reservation be cancelled? I don't want to take the risk of it being lost, even if it's a shared table. But I'd rather have the two-top.

image.thumb.png.f9503f916e1acd94abcb6ffd1e24e404.png

On 1/31/2024 at 11:27 AM, GMIAC said:

Does this mean the two-top is available, or is it just showing my current reservation? If I click "reserve new" will my existing reservation be cancelled? I don't want to take the risk of it being lost, even if it's a shared table. But I'd rather have the two-top.

If you select a night that shows "available," you will see at the top of the list "share a table" with a "yes" or "no" prompt.  Click the "no" prompt and any available "2 top" times will come up.  If you want one of those times you simply select the time then hit "reserve new"  and your earlier reservation will be automatically cancelled and you'll have the new time confirmed.  

58 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

If you select a night that shows "available," you will see at the top of the list "share a table" with a "yes" or "no" prompt.  Click the "no" prompt and any available "2 top" times will come up.  If you want one of those times you simply select the time then hit "reserve new"  and your earlier reservation will be automatically cancelled and you'll have the new time confirmed.  

I did that, and already have a 4-top reserved. My question is if I want to search for a 2-top on the same evening, I get the above image, i.e., my 4-top reservation. How do I search for a 2-top for the same night at the same place? It looks like I have to cancel the first before searching. And then I might lose the first. 

19 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

I did that, and already have a 4-top reserved. My question is if I want to search for a 2-top on the same evening, I get the above image, i.e., my 4-top reservation. How do I search for a 2-top for the same night at the same place? It looks like I have to cancel the first before searching. And then I might lose the first. 

Might be the sort of situation where giving Regent a call might be the way forward. I guess the website isn't set up for what you're trying to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, minotaur said:

Might be the sort of situation where giving Regent a call might be the way forward. I guess the website isn't set up for what you're trying to do.

I was afraid of that. I try to avoid calls to them at all costs.  🥸

On 2/2/2024 at 9:32 AM, GMIAC said:

You don't have to call Regent, all you have to do is open up your "Make Dining Reservations" prompt, select "NO" for "Share Table" and it switches to 2 tops available. You can look at the days for each restaurant and see if any availability exists, including the day you already have.   Simply select the day and  time you want and select "Reserve New" prompt  the it  will cancel your first reservation and give you the new one,  and it'll be a 2 top (there may be a "confirm" prompt of some sort too, don't remember).   You have to do each step or each restaurant, including selecting "NO" for "Share Table."  

But DON'T cancel your current reservation, selecting a "New Reservation" will automatically do that when you confirm your choices. 

Edited by papaflamingo

As far as getting additional reservations while on the cruise, yes you can but it’s likely that most available times will be later in the evening. At least that has been our experience recently. But it doesn’t hurt to try.

What times are the theatre shows on? Thinking that I do not want to miss a show because I have a speciality restaurant booked. Although I suppose until we are on board we will not know which nights the theatre shows are on? Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Pack Leader said:

What times are the theatre shows on? Thinking that I do not want to miss a show because I have a speciality restaurant booked. Although I suppose until we are on board we will not know which nights the theatre shows are on? Thanks 

9:30 pm

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

You don't have to call Regent, all you have to do is open up your "Make Dining Reservations" prompt, select "NO" for "Share Table" and it switches to 2 tops available. You can look at the days for each restaurant and see if any availability exists, including the day you already have.   Simply select the day and  time you want and select "Reserve New" prompt  the it  will cancel your first reservation and give you the new one,  and it'll be a 2 top (there may be a "confirm" prompt of some sort too, don't remember).   You have to do each step or each restaurant, including selecting "NO" for "Share Table."  

But DON'T cancel your current reservation, selecting a "New Reservation" will automatically do that when you confirm your choices. 

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. I have a four-top at 7. I'm searching for a 2-top for the same evening. The above image shows what it looks like when I search when NO is selected. Does this mean that there's a 2-top available at 7, and I just have to click  RESERVE NEW to get that table? Of if I click RESERVE NOW will is do the same thing as if I click CANCEL RESERVATION?

5FA814C2-65CF-4ABE-94CC-DCF81566397B_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.398b628b6a36d10884866e45a8df07a8.jpeg

7A4FA476-89CB-4F38-8DBB-97C0605727D8.thumb.jpeg.00d607c17eacae792b6e1aaa03c3128e.jpeg

8 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. I have a four-top at 7. I'm searching for a 2-top for the same evening. The above image shows what it looks like when I search when NO is selected. Does this mean that there's a 2-top available at 7, and I just have to click  RESERVE NEW to get that table? Of if I click RESERVE NOW will is do the same thing as if I click CANCEL RESERVATION?

5FA814C2-65CF-4ABE-94CC-DCF81566397B_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.398b628b6a36d10884866e45a8df07a8.jpeg

7A4FA476-89CB-4F38-8DBB-97C0605727D8.thumb.jpeg.00d607c17eacae792b6e1aaa03c3128e.jpeg

What you have posted shows that you already HAVE a 2 top reserved in Prime 7 for 7pm.   

3 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

What you have posted shows that you already HAVE a 2 top reserved in Prime 7 for 7pm.   

No, I can assure you it's a 4-top. I have the e-mail stating such. It doesn't show on the above, which is why I"m asking if this search result displays a 2-top. 

26B892E0-402C-404F-898A-BFD561D0F7CE_4_5005_c.jpeg.fe941200a8d19c3f47c7b3932b34e716.jpeg

Edited by GMIAC

Just now, GMIAC said:

No, I can assure you it's a 4-top. I have the e-mail stating such. It doesn't show on the above, which is why I"m asking if this search result displays a 2-top. 

Yeah.... My mistake.  I was looking at my reservations for our upcoming cruise and got confused.  What it means is that you DO have a 7:00 reservation for the 4 top, and I suspect that the only times available for a 2 top are 8:30 and 9:00, 7:00 is a very popular time.  You can try a couple thing...you can select a different time and then you would definitely get the new reservation or you can call Regent and see if they can change it for you.  Also, you can go to the Dining Reservation person on board and see if they can change it for you too. .  Sorry for the confusion.  

Just now, papaflamingo said:

Yeah.... My mistake.  I was looking at my reservations for our upcoming cruise and got confused.  What it means is that you DO have a 7:00 reservation for the 4 top, and I suspect that the only times available for a 2 top are 8:30 and 9:00, 7:00 is a very popular time.  You can try a couple thing...you can select a different time and then you would definitely get the new reservation or you can call Regent and see if they can change it for you.  Also, you can go to the Dining Reservation person on board and see if they can change it for you too. .  Sorry for the confusion.  

No worries; thanks for helping. I did want to avoid that call to Regent.  😄

I guess it's worth a try, though I suspect they'll just be seeing the same info that I do.

• Like 1

Just now, GMIAC said:

No worries; thanks for helping. I did want to avoid that call to Regent.  😄

I guess it's worth a try, though I suspect they'll just be seeing the same info that I do.

Yeah... don't blame you for not wanting to cal them. Good luck...hope you get it al worked out.  It'll be a great cruise either way. 😎

If you had a reservation for 4, it would show the other people on this reservation. I once had an email showing a confirmation for 6 people but the website didn’t jive with what the email said. I would definitely call them to confirm what you have.