Dining Reservations

seasidemn

Barcelona to Miami. I am wondering if I can make additional dining reservations for same restaurant? It appears if I do it will cancel my existing reservation.

Also, I thought there was a fee to go to specialty restaurants but I don't see that listed. Room service must be available from all restaurants? How is room service?

Thank you !

No charge for any of the restaurants. From their site:  

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at 8pm Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.

Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations. 

I believe room service is from Compass Rose only, unless you are in the Regent suite?   As for room service,  I only do it for breakfast when we have a early tour.  I just want them to drop it off and leave.  Not looking for a complete set up.  Normally, hot.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

No charge for any of the restaurants. From their site:  

Dining reservations may be reserved online beginning 75 days before your cruise sails, or 90 days for guests eligible for our Concierge Amenities, at 8pm Eastern US Time. To do so, please create an account via the My Account section of our website and access the Dining Reservations link for your cruise via your Booked Cruises.

Guests may pre-book one dinner reservation in each specialty restaurant prior to sailing, then subsequent reservations may be made on board, space dependent. Multiple pre-booked reservations in each restaurant are permitted only on Grand Voyages, with one reservation allotted per voyage segment. Guests may contact the Maître D' once onboard to request additional reservations, if available. Compass Rose and Sette Mari At La Veranda do not require reservations. 

I believe room service is from Compass Rose only, unless you are in the Regent suite?   As for room service,  I only do it for breakfast when we have a early tour.  I just want them to drop it off and leave.  Not looking for a complete set up.  Normally, hot.  

We were in a Grand Suite twice on Splendor over the past 14 months, and were able to order rood service from any dining venue as long as they were open. We will be on Grandeur in July and trust this perk stays in place for us.

Our window to book specialty restaurants opened yesterday, but we forgot!

No problem.  Just went on and had no problem booking our preferred time and preferred days. (We do always share)

Credit due! Mike Moore, if you are monitoring, this was the nicest and easiest web set up we have done so far. Good work in developing.

Each date shows what shore excursions you have booked, and when you will be back so no need to look up your schedule.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seasidemn said:

Barcelona to Miami. I am wondering if I can make additional dining reservations for same restaurant? It appears if I do it will cancel my existing reservation.

Also, I thought there was a fee to go to specialty restaurants but I don't see that listed. Room service must be available from all restaurants? How is room service?

Thank you !

As noted in other messages, room service is from Compass Rose only.  We have ordered evening meals several times (Penthouse & Concierge level) and each time the service was excellent.  Full service, including beverages.  Dishes were picked up afterwards with a single call.

• Thanks 1

We are well travelled on Regent and have always booked a table for two in the speciality restaurants. On our next cruise we are with two of our friends. I do know that we can include them in our reservation with their booking number but do they also have to make the same booking with our number or can we just do both?

2 hours ago, swansong said:

We are well travelled on Regent and have always booked a table for two in the speciality restaurants. On our next cruise we are with two of our friends. I do know that we can include them in our reservation with their booking number but do they also have to make the same booking with our number or can we just do both?

You can do both. Including your friends in your reservation will count as their one permitted online reservation in the restaurant you are reserving.

Dave

4 hours ago, swansong said:

Whoever makes the reservation can add the other couple on that reservation by adding the friend’s booking number. No need for the friend to do anything. I would suggest that only one of you make the reservations for all specialty restaurants. Recently, we tried to be clever and each of the 3 couples booked 1 different specialty restaurant for all 6 of us and the Regent system got all confused and it turned out that none of the reservations were correct.  We had to call Regent the next day to get it straightened out. They said their system couldn’t handle multiple reservations for the same people at the same time. Go figure. Another technical limitation for Regent. Technology isn’t their one of their core competancies.

Don’t sell Compass Rose short. We had better steak and lobster in Compass Rose than we did in the specialty steak restaurant. The lobster in the steak restaurant was like rubber (overcooked) and the steaks were not cooked as ordered on 2 occasions. The Asian restaurant was by far our favorite but I would rate Compass Rose as our second favorite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beside being able to book from the Compass Rose menu (when open) there is also a small, but nice selection on the room service menu.

We really enjoy the Compass Rose, there is good variety for us.  So, we will get one reservation with each specialty restaurant but not overly anxious to get more since the Compass Rose is so nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are on a 17 Carib cruise this winter on Splendor. It is also marketed as 2 segments and we have friends joining us for the second segment. So, how do I make dining reservations?? We want to eat in all 3 during the first seven days but does that mean we cannot make reservations for the next 10 days with our friends??

Edited by Aloha 1

2 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

We are on a 17 Carib cruise this winter on Splendor. It is also marketed as 2 segments and we have friends joining us for the second segment. So, how do I make dining reservations?? We want to eat in all 3 during the first seven days but does that mean we cannot make reservations for the next 10 days with our friends??

If you were able to book excursions for both segments then you'll be able to book dining for both segments, but just for you, not your friends.  We are gold status so we get early booking of dining and just booked with friends who are new cruisers, so they had later booking.  You won't be able to add them until booking is open for them.  So you can  book the first segment for yourself, then wait to book the second segment when it opens for them  or book for yourselves then go in and change the reservation by adding them and selecting a new time.    When you are able to book for them, all you need to do is click the "add guest" prompt and fill out their information.  You'll need the name they booked under and their booking number.   

Just went and made dining reservations for our January Voyager cruise - took a bit of hunting for a non 9pm non sharing table, but mission accomplished. Very easy process - certainly easier than on my usual line Oceania. 

The countdown definitely starts now!

38 minutes ago, TheShag said:

I was not aware of requesting a table for 2 when I booked our 3 specialty restaurants. Does this mean that we will be seated with 2 other people? Not aware how to check after the fact. Thanks 🙏 

When you go into the booking process there's a prompt for "share our table" and an option to select "yes" or "no."  If you select "yes" then you'll be assigned a table for 4.  But the bias  is "no."  So if you booked your dining without knowingly selecting "yes" to the "share our table" prompt, then you booked tables for.2.  So not to worry.  

But if you want to check to verify, go back into the dining reservations booking area under "customize" and you can see.  If the prompt is selected "No," then select the nights you have your reservations and make sure your name shows as "reserved".  

Edited by papaflamingo

10 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

When you go into the booking process there's a prompt for "share our table" and an option to select "yes" or "no."  If you select "yes" then you'll be assigned a table for 4.  But the bias  is "no."  So if you booked your dining without knowingly selecting "yes" to the "share our table" prompt, then you booked tables for.2.  So not to worry.  

But if you want to check to verify, go back into the dining reservations booking area under "customize" and you can see.  If the prompt is selected "No," then select the nights you have your reservations and make sure your name shows as "reserved".  

Thanks very much papa. Its clear as day as you outlined - can't believe I missed that! Again, I appreciate your thoroughness in your explanation. Cheers!

• Like 1

Here is a more complex question? We are going on an 18 night cruise on Splendor next year (Reykjavik to London).  it is not a multi segment cruise, but one cruise for 18 nights. Is it better to book the three guaranteed reservations early on the cruise and then run and seek more reservations on board for the later dates, or vice versa?

Just off of Splendor on a 12 nighter. I chose to book our 3 reservation nights in the first four days on board to see what we liked, then moved on to Compass Rose and Sette Mari for many nights. (Never  had a wait and loved Sette Mari!) I visited the F&B manager desk to see if any specialty dining was available around days 9-11. There was some availability if you wanted to share a table; none for a two top. On the last night, we took a chance and showed up at Pacific Rim and got a lovely table for 2 around 8 pm. It was not busy. Had a wonderful last meal!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

Here is a more complex question? We are going on an 18 night cruise on Splendor next year (Reykjavik to London).  it is not a multi segment cruise, but one cruise for 18 nights. Is it better to book the three guaranteed reservations early on the cruise and then run and seek more reservations on board for the later dates, or vice versa?

Hi Bruce.  I would say, "yes" to your idea.  We've done the same thing in the past.  Book your 3 guaranteed specialty restaurants near the beginning and  "early days" of the cruise.  Then, if you really liked any of them and wanted to go back later on...you still have enough days left to see if you can get some "extra re-visits".

I'll also point out that many of the items that are on the "specialty restaurant menus" are also often available to you in the main dining room (Compass Rose), as well.  Best Regards.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

We spread them out, mostly because Prime 7 and Chartreuse are pretty "heavy" meals.  So don't want to do them too often or too close to each other.  Haven't done Pacific Rim yet.  But keep in mind, you can always try an extra reservation early too.  You don't have to wait until after you've been.  Generally it's the sea days that people seem to like for specialty dining.  So any shore day you can most likely get in, especially if you're willing to eat late or share a table.  So if the mood hits you, go to the specialty restaurant and see if anything is available. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Follow-up on this, we are booked on Grandeur for 16 night on a Panama crossing in Dec.

Even though it is a long-ish voyage, would we still be limited to one reservation in each for the entire cruise? in other words, it's definitely based on "segment" rather that cruise length....

I know there is potential for drop-ins, but I'm a bit concerned as our first Regent experience (11 nights in French Polynesia in late 2019), I couldn't get a second night in Prime 7 no matter what I tried.