Driving to Port Canaveral

bgoff60

We are driving to Port Canaveral for our cruise that sails on January 5th. (Adventure of the Seas) 

We are staying at a nearby hotel on the 4th and then driving to park at the cruise terminal on the 5th.  (Hotel no longer offers extended parking as an option)

It has been awhile since we last sailed out of Port Canaveral.  What terminal are we likely to sail out of and what would be the closed parking structure to park our car for the 8 day cruise.  Looking to get that secured before we loose that option...  😋

Thanks in advance.

It will be terminal 5.  You can download the schedule right from the portcanaveral.com.  It currently goes out to the end of January, so it shows your cruise on Adventure for Jan 5 at CT5 (cruise terminal) both leaving and returning.

We just got back from an 8-day on Mariner that was from CT5, and the parking garage seemed plenty big enough (we've never had a problem getting to it).  Tip - if you find a spot on level 2, you can just go straight across to where you enter the terminal (which is on level 2).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

It will be terminal 5.  You can download the schedule right from the portcanaveral.com.  It currently goes out to the end of January, so it shows your cruise on Adventure for Jan 5 at CT5 (cruise terminal) both leaving and returning.

We just got back from an 8-day on Mariner that was from CT5, and the parking garage seemed plenty big enough (we've never had a problem getting to it).  Tip - if you find a spot on level 2, you can just go straight across to where you enter the terminal (which is on level 2).

Can we reserve in advance or is it first-come, first served?

1 minute ago, bgoff60 said:

Pretty sure it is first-come, first served for the parking garage.  We have never had any trouble finding a spot in the garage.  We usually drive in around 10am.

10 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

It’s only first come first serve…….

We have sailed from PC probably 30+ times and drive down from the Atlanta area.  We have always stayed at a hotel near the port but lately the hotel prices in that area have become ridiculous!  

For our next few cruises we will be staying in Titusville which is only about 15min from the port.  Rates are MUCH better!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RCFirstTimer said:

We are Diamond C&A and will be staying in a Junior Suite.  Shold we drop off our luggage at Terminal 5 and THEN park or park and walk WITH our luggage (hopefully level 2)?

2 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

We are Diamond C&A and will be staying in a Junior Suite.  Shold we drop off our luggage at Terminal 5 and THEN park or park and walk WITH our luggage (hopefully level 2)?

you will drop off the luggage with the porters and then go right into the garage to park.   Easy peasy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

They already have it sort of set up to drive around, drop off your luggage (that is being checked, not your carry-ons) and then up the ramp to the garage.  In fact, I think you can't go into the garage without going by the drop-off point.

Port Canaveral is most convenient /our favorite to sail from.  Random thoughts: 

- Since we drive, we like to stay at the Days Inn in Titusville.  It's right off the interstate and about 30 minutes out from the cruise port, which we find to be an acceptable "day of" drive.  It costs about $80/night, which includes a very small breakfast.  It's clean and safe, which are the two things we value most.  Days Inn has an IHOP in the hotel, a Popeye's Chicken in the parking lot, and a Cracker Barrel and a steakhouse across the street.  Gas is available nearby too; we always like to leave the car "road ready" so we can leave quickly after the cruise.

- An oddity:  They have no human beings in the parking deck.  They take only credit cards, and you pay going IN /not going OUT.  

- You'll park first, then wheel your luggage over to the porters; the porters are in the parking deck on the first level.  Then you're ready to get in line. 

- We've always found ample parking, but we do tend to arrive as early as possible.  

- No stairs or elevators entering the terminal, which is nice, as it allows the crowds to exit more quickly.  

- Sorry, I've never sailed Adventure, but your terminal number will be included in your Cruise Docs (which come out 30 days before your cruise), and the signage as you approach the port is easy to follow.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mum2Mercury said:

You'll park first, then wheel your luggage over to the porters; the porters are in the parking deck on the first level.  Then you're ready to get in line. 

Sounds like you're describing Terminal 1 (the terminal I always use). Posters above seem to be familiar with Terminal 5 and are describing something different.

That said, although we also choose to park and wheel our luggage to the porters in Terminal 1, you do have the option of dropping your luggage off and then parking if you prefer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GW248 said:

@OCSC Mike  Is there a preferred level in the parking garage at Terminal 1?

We usually get there early (9:30-10am) and park on level 2. Always plenty of spots from whichever ship just disembarked and it's just one level down to the porters and entrance which are on level 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GW248 said:

@OCSC Mike  Is there a preferred level in the parking garage at Terminal 1?

Anything that is covered.  Top deck is open to the elements and "bird deposits".   Top deck gets filled last when the other covered levels are full.   With two Oasis class ships plus Indy there right now, I can imagine how packed that garage is now.  I will find out on Sunday.  😮 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Anything that is covered.  Top deck is open to the elements and "bird deposits".   Top deck gets filled last when the other covered levels are full.   With two Oasis class ships plus Indy there right now, I can imagine how packed that garage is now.  I will find out on Sunday.  😮 

What are you complaining about? You can at least grab a spot vacated by someone getting off Wonder. How about when I go to park on Wednesday for Allure? There will be people parked from Wonder and Indy with no one disembarking!!!

I don't care about parking in one of the newly paved surface lots. My car won't melt while I'm gone for 5 days and bird s#!% is good luck, lol.. I just want to be able to park somewhere!

I actually contacted PC and was assured there should be enough parking with the new surface lots but worst case they would make us park somewhere else and shuttle us. I have no interest in off-site parking so I'm just going to roll with it. This was a last minute cruise we wouldn't normally take so while I'd prefer to have everything planned and settled and running smoothly like I normally do, it beats not taking a bonus cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What are you complaining about? You can at least grab a spot vacated by someone getting off Wonder. How about when I go to park on Wednesday for Allure? There will be people parked from Wonder and Indy with no one disembarking!!!

I don't care about parking in one of the newly paved surface lots. My car won't melt while I'm gone for 5 days and bird s#!% is good luck, lol.. I just want to be able to park somewhere!

I actually contacted PC and was assured there should be enough parking with the new surface lots but worst case they would make us park somewhere else and shuttle us. I have no interest in off-site parking so I'm just going to roll with it. This was a last minute cruise we wouldn't normally take so while I'd prefer to have everything planned and settled and running smoothly like I normally do, it beats not taking a bonus cruise.

LOL...When I park for Wonder next Sunday the 29th, the pax from Allure (from the 5 night that boarded on the 25th) and Indy will already be parked in there as well.  It's all combined. My sister is on Allure leaving on the 3rd of November.  She will have the same problem as both of us. 

I am like you.  I like to arrive around 9:30, to drop the bags with the porters, hang a left u turn and head up into the garage.  Leave our carry on bags in the vehicle, head over to Grills for a pre cruise Bloody Mary.  😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...When I park for Wonder next Sunday the 29th, the pax from Allure (from the 5 night that boarded on the 25th) and Indy will already be parked in there as well.  It's all combined. My sister is on Allure leaving on the 3rd of November.  She will have the same problem as both of us.

Yeah but some of the Wonder people disembarking for you will most certainly have garage spots. I'm just hoping to get a surface spot. Won't even be there until like noon to make matters worse.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah but some of the Wonder people disembarking for you will most certainly have garage spots. I'm just hoping to get a surface spot. Won't even be there until like noon to make matters worse.

Yikes...yeah, noon arrival will be tough.  Hope you find a happy place to park. 🙂 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yikes...yeah, noon arrival will be tough.  Hope you find a happy place to park. 🙂 

If I can walk from my car to the terminal, I will be happy. And if it is slightly less convenient, I'll just have less time to eat and drink myself into happiness that day.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If I can walk from my car to the terminal, I will be happy. And if it is slightly less convenient, I'll just have less time to eat and drink myself into happiness that day.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.  😆

6 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Can you share the link that shows the schedule?  I am not having an y luck locating it on that page???  Grrr.