Queen Anne

Minnie29

33 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes.  The upgrades started being allocated weeks ago, there are some on the roll call who were upgraded as soon as they bid..  I was offered one immediately on booking.  It was about £1,000 less than making a new booking to go from inside to outside.  An outside when I booked was £3,700 or thereabouts whereas my upgrade bids started at £325pp so £650 for one.  I did weigh it up and it's actually still open to me but in the end decided to stick.  Queen Anne is going to be expensive for solo travellers on first booking so if I like her it will most likely be late offerings for me.  

I booked on a whim as we had cancelled our September cruise on her to sail on P&O Aurora with our entire family in August instead.  I wanted to say I travelled all four Queens in one year and this was the easiest solution.

What a lovely  idea I will have done 3  by the end of the year but  not QE as she is too far away for me as I don’t like flying. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, safarigal said:

I just checked out the area next to those 2 cabins. Next to 8019 there is a steward's closet, and the other 3 doors all say crew only, so not really helpful. I listened to find out if there was anything to be heard behind those doors, but I heard nothing and then decided to leave as a cabin steward was giving me funny looks. Sorry I can't be more helpful as to the risk of noise below :(. I am hoping to do a bridge tour so maybe I will be able to peek into those areas without getting thrown off the ship.

Thank you so much.

35 minutes ago, safarigal said:

I just checked out the area next to those 2 cabins. Next to 8019 there is a steward's closet, and the other 3 doors all say crew only, so not really helpful. I listened to find out if there was anything to be heard behind those doors, but I heard nothing and then decided to leave as a cabin steward was giving me funny looks. Sorry I can't be more helpful as to the risk of noise below :(. I am hoping to do a bridge tour so maybe I will be able to peek into those areas without getting thrown off the ship.

I wish I had a photo of your eavesdropping attempts. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes.  The upgrades started being allocated weeks ago, there are some on the roll call who were upgraded as soon as they bid..  I was offered one immediately on booking.  It was about £1,000 less than making a new booking to go from inside to outside.  An outside when I booked was £3,700 or thereabouts whereas my upgrade bids started at £325pp so £650 for one.  I did weigh it up and it's actually still open to me but in the end decided to stick.  Queen Anne is going to be expensive for solo travellers on first booking so if I like her it will most likely be late offerings for me.  

Plusgrade is almost certainly over now (though the system will show as live), they tend to close up about 5 days to departure.  You do have the option to call Cunard and simply ask for a quote for Outside, though as you indicate, this is a relatively expensive sailing, there are other QAs coming up which are cheaper. So I think the ship is pretty full, but not totally so, looking at the fares now available. I think Cunard would want over £1000 for an outside, in fact an obstructed balcony would be cheaper. 

If they are still selling staterooms on Wednesday you may get a more reasonable offer on boarding. Just go to the Sales Office. But it won't be a bargain price.

56 minutes ago, safarigal said:

This made me smile, because I do exactly the same on every ship that I go on in order to check which accessible balcony cabins are best and get some funny looks from stewards! It’s worthwhile though, as you can discover all sorts of issues that are not apparent from deck plans. 

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2024 at 5:15 PM, Megabear2 said:

Just had an interesting time researching these on Queen Anne.  I'm intrigued by Deck 8 forward where there are two inside cabins 8019 and 8023 all by themselves.  What is in that big white area, I'm particularly interested as I've been allocated a cabin immediately below it on Deck 7.

We did a bridge tour so I got to find out what is in that mysterious white area. It is crew cabins - so hopefully they will not be too noisy above you 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, safarigal said:

We did a bridge tour so I got to find out what is in that mysterious white area. It is crew cabins - so hopefully they will not be too noisy above you 🙂

Fabulous! Thank you so very much, now I can relax and look forward to getting onboard.

6 hours ago, safarigal said:

Oh bridge tours sound interesting. Sign me up! 

I haven't seen any comments on the buffet yet and how the "artisan food stations" are working in practice. Is there much queueing, and how is the seating?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jay1283 said:

I haven't seen any comments on the buffet yet and how the "artisan food stations" are working in practice. Is there much queueing, and how is the seating?

QV's Lido is my ‘guilty' pleasure and I love to go up for a plate of pick 'n mix a couple of times on a two weeker.

Went to Annie's equivalent last week.

Won’t be bothering again this cruise.

I thoroughly approve of the sneeze Perspex/ glass shields and I think the hot selections are on a par with QV but the salads are fairly paltry in comparison and I didn’t see any smoked salmon or sushi. Maybe I missed them. A nice touch  is the Bakery plus the made up rolls and baguettes station.

A member of staff made up a salad for you and there were some queues. That was early doors. Wouldn’t give it the time of day at peak  times.
If the buffet is to be mostly served, then more staff are needed and apparently, this is being addressed. I also gave my feedback on the salads and I know the Wellness cafe does have some healthy options, but I like to have my usual eclectic mix on one plate.

Still a work in progress obviously and personally, not interested but I will go and have another look before we disembark.

A plus though is there seemed to be adequate number of seats.

Edit

Ok, just popped up and I missed the charcuterie station with cold meats, fish and cheese. 
No queues, plenty of seats and tables and seemingly, more staff. There are ‘menus' at each station but difficult to see initially if you’re in the queue. 

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

For those in 'QG' , you may be interested to hear ( or,  you may already know) one of your fellow guests is the well known  Cruise influencer & Vlogger , Garry Bembridge / Tips for Travellers . 

If you come across him you might want to share your QA thoughts with him. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

For those in 'QG' , you may be interested to hear ( or,  you may already know) one of your fellow guests is the well known  Cruise influencer & Vlogger , Garry Bembridge / Tips for Travellers . 

Delightful couple.

Already had shared our thoughts and I think we’re on the same page.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I don’t really know what an influencer is, nor have I heard of the person, but, if it involves making money from their posts, why would I want, in effect, to assist, by sharing my views, ie my intellectual property, with him/her. But please forgive me if I have misunderstood.

• Haha 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

I don’t really know what an influencer is, nor have I heard of the person, but, if it involves making money from their posts, why would I want, in effect, to assist, by sharing my views, ie my intellectual property, with him/her. But please forgive me if I have misunderstood.

He does pretty good reviews of various cruise ships - his life and career is always being on cruises... https://www.youtube.com/@tipsfortravellers

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

They are next door but one to you on the banquettes. Gary's YouTube videos are brilliant.

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

QV's Lido is my ‘guilty' pleasure and I love to go up for a plate of pick 'n mix a couple of times on a two weeker.

Went to Annie's equivalent last week.

Won’t be bothering again this cruise.

I thoroughly approve of the sneeze Perspex/ glass shields and I think the hot selections are on a par with QV but the salads are fairly paltry in comparison and I didn’t see any smoked salmon or sushi. Maybe I missed them. A nice touch  is the Bakery plus the made up rolls and baguettes station.

A member of staff made up a salad for you and there were some queues. That was early doors. Wouldn’t give it the time of day at peak  times.
If the buffet is to be mostly served, then more staff are needed and apparently, this is being addressed. I also gave my feedback on the salads and I know the Wellness cafe does have some healthy options, but I like to have my usual eclectic mix on one plate.

Still a work in progress obviously and personally, not interested but I will go and have another look before we disembark.

A plus though is there seemed to be adequate number of seats.

Edit

Ok, just popped up and I missed the charcuterie station with cold meats, fish and cheese. 
No queues, plenty of seats and tables and seemingly, more staff. There are ‘menus' at each station but difficult to see initially if you’re in the queue. 

Thanks for that report, it sounds like it's on the way to running smoothly, and I'm not a fan of salads anyway 😊

4 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

They are next door but one to you on the banquettes. Gary's YouTube videos are brilliant.

Thanks. I will bear it in mind, and keep quiet. 😀 Hope he isn’t suffering on the banquette too much.

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Can I add, as a complete sceptic but one whose glass is usually half full, I will be very sad to leave this ship on Friday.

Then don't... I'm sure you can hide somewhere?

33 days to go 😄

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Can I add, as a complete sceptic but one whose glass is usually half full, I will be very sad to leave this ship on Friday.

I shall too, and am glad the we have more trips booked.

Edited by exlondoner
Illiteracy
  • Like 4

Just now, exlondoner said:

I shall to, and glad the we have more trips booked.

We have four booked…so far, one in the same cabin and the others in a different, but same cabin again.

I'm happy to post photos of this one if anyone is interested.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Then don't... I'm sure you can hide somewhere?

33 days to go 😄

No, got things booked at home but we'll be back soon.