Queen Anne

Minnie29

6 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I wasn't sure where to ask this so I thought, he is a good a place as any. 

Is there a free sauna on QA like QV and QE, or only the one in the Spa you have to pay to use? 

No Lanky Lad , QA is a 'Cash Cow' there is nothing like we have previously experienced  as on the vista's in the changing rooms.   

• Like 2

Just now, Bell Boy said:

No Lanky Lad , QA is a 'Cash Cow' there is nothing like we have previously experienced  as on the vista's in the changing rooms.   

Thanks, for the response and the helpful info. 

It's just been on the local BBC news about the visit to Liverpool on Monday.  It showed the pilot practicing on a simulator.

For the naming ceremony, the ship will be in the middle of the river in front of the Three Graces.

When do we find out who is doing the naming?

2 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

It's just been on the local BBC news about the visit to Liverpool on Monday.  It showed the pilot practicing on a simulator.

For the naming ceremony, the ship will be in the middle of the river in front of the Three Graces.

When do we find out who is doing the naming?

On the day it seems!

• Like 1

I still think it could be The Queen, which would explain the secrecy. 

Reception were going to speak to the Captains secretary for me to find out which side of the ship will be facing the quayside and get back to me, but never did. Why they have to keep basic info like that a secret is beyond me. The answer will help inform those with balconies whether to watch from the ship or the shore. We have been told absolutely nothing on board that we didn’t already know before we boarded - and it’s only 4 days away now. 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Reception were going to speak to the Captains secretary for me to find out which side of the ship will be facing the quayside and get back to me, but never did. Why they have to keep basic info like that a secret is beyond me. The answer will help inform those with balconies whether to watch from the ship or the shore. We have been told absolutely nothing on board that we didn’t already know before we boarded - and it’s only 4 days away now. 

I fear you may have too high an opinion of their competence if you think their failure to get back to you was deliberate policy rather than general shambles. Remember embarkation…

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Our previous calls to Liverpool on QM2 have been starboard side to the quay but I believe she is going to be out in the river so may turn round. 

Looking at the Cruise Liverpool site it seems about 50/50 for other ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Hopefully not chosen entirely randomly from anyone with clean shoes and capped teeth in the vacinity of Pier Head.  

As somebody with dirty shoes and non-capped teeth who'll be standing in the vicinity of Pier Head, I hope they open up the requirements a little!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clewgarnet said:

As somebody with dirty shoes and non-capped teeth who'll be standing in the vicinity of Pier Head, I hope they open up the requirements a little!

The King and Queen are at Epsom at the moment and both looking quite sprightly on the TV. Can’t see their shoes though. 😀

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The King and Queen are at Epsom at the moment and both looking quite sprightly on the TV. Can’t see their shoes though. 😀

I've still got a chance! (If it's me, I'll slip a codeword into my speech. "Shoelaces.")

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

How many people do Cunard reckon are coming down for this on Monday? Anyone have any ideas?

I know of two. They usually have a good turnout in Liverpool. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I've been looking at the Royal Diary for a while now and there's still nothing shown for anybody between 31st May and 4th June.

The ship will be heading in a north-south position in front of the Three Graces.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl55vx2912do

Excuse my ignorance, but does that mean the starboard side of the ship will be facing the stage? Our balcony is midships on the starboard side, so I’m hopeful that we can watch from our balcony. No useful info whatsoever forthcoming from the ship - and I’ve asked!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I've been looking at the Royal Diary for a while now and there's still nothing shown for anybody between 31st May and 4th June.

The ship will be heading in a north-south position in front of the Three Graces.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl55vx2912do

Any idea how far out she will be, assumedly tide related?  The stage seems to be facing inward from the Liverpool Echo photograph.  I assume large screens will relay to various points?

This is from QM2 in 2015 looking towards the Three Graces with Queen Elizabeth in the way.

I don't think you'll be able to see much from the ship.FB_IMG_1717172191305.jpg.f2da32730c23e0ba00e978c943bdf069.jpg

• Like 2

When we were there in the summer on QV, we docked starboard side to, but on departure, in honour of the Cunard staff who had been in the battle of the Atlantic, we backed until we were opposite the Cunard building and did a complete twirl.

• Like 2

That makes it fairly clear that if you watch from the ship it will be via a broadcast rather than from your balcony. You'll certainly be able to see the crowds but there won't be much of a view of what's happening on the stage. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

When we were there in the summer on QV, we docked starboard side to, but on departure, in honour of the Cunard staff who had been in the battle of the Atlantic, we backed until we were opposite the Cunard building and did a complete twirl.

Think we were on the same itinerary and and agree. In fact three of our Liverpool calls have had starboard side moored up.

57 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That makes it fairly clear that if you watch from the ship it will be via a broadcast rather than from your balcony. You'll certainly be able to see the crowds but there won't be much of a view of what's happening on the stage. 

I suspect that you are correct, but it doesn’t actually say that. Just because it will be on the TV it doesn’t automatically follow that some of it won’t be visible from parts of the ship. However, as less than half of the balconies are on one side and the promenade deck is next to useless for viewing anything, it should not be beyond the wit of man for them to say whether something or nothing will be visible - and from which side. Just let us know and then we can make an informed decision. We’ve been asked to decide what we want to do. I haven’t responded as I do not have the information required to make an informed choice. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One of my dinner companions has been in conversation with the WC leader onboard today.  He has been told the bottle will not break in the traditional manner rather from a series of swings from the funnel. Apparently this is due to glass in the river not being environmentally correct.  As to whether that is correct only time will tell but it does tie in with the recent Carnival and P&O launches that broke with tradition.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1