Reduction in drinks package

Irish clare

I’m happy that I finally got a discount on my drink package upgrade, I have been waiting all year for it. Call me cynical but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are getting ready for a third tier of drink packages. I hope I’m wrong. 

50 minutes ago, Dobby36 said:

😫 it feels like I’m the only one who has a November cruise and is still seeing it at 18.99USD 😞 

Check your cruise planner, not just the app. My November cruise was not showing anything on the app, but $8.99 was on cruise planner. 

• Like 1

I checked this morning (online) after reading this thread and mine was sadly still $18.99 USD.  This evening seeing this thread still going (many hours later) I thought I'd check my November cruise again and OMG ..  ... $8.99 !!!!!!  The $8.99 shows both online and in the app ... sold!

If at first a sale doesn't show KEEP CHECKING as it can pop up any random time for any random sailing !

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, Irish clare said:

Hey, i had the upgrade for premium drinks package in my basket on the Celebrity portal .. the upgrade was showing €22 per day .. just checked now and its been reduced to €16 per day .. a saving €60 for my Christmas Cruise 

I am based in Ireland ... you might want to check if you are considering it 

Thanks so much!  Just saved $180 on our upcoming Alaska cruise thanks to you.

• Like 1

So when do we expect an email saying we are so sorry there was an error in our online cruise planner application.  Your classic to premium upgrade that you purchased at $6.99 pp pr plus grats was cxled.  We are offering 18.99 plus grats special for you if you would like to purchase the upgrade for your cruise.  Thank you for your understanding   Hoping not but celebrity track record is not great on things like this.  

Edited by bikerunner
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

So when do we expect an email saying we are so sorry there was an error in our online cruise planner application.  Your classic to premium upgrade that you purchased at $6.99 pp pr plus grats was cxled.  We are offering 18.99 plus grats special for you if you would like to purchase the upgrade for your cruise.  Thank you for your understanding 

I did it with the Captains club they better not cancel it.  OMG..

4 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

So when do we expect an email saying we are so sorry there was an error in our online cruise planner application.  Your classic to premium upgrade that you purchased at $6.99 pp pr plus grats was cxled.  We are offering 18.99 plus grats special for you if you would like to purchase the upgrade for your cruise.  Thank you for your understanding   Hoping not but celebrity track record is not great on things like this.  

I am having bigger issues with delta who keeps changing my flights to terrible times. If the upgrade is a mistake, we are ok with the classic package. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imlulu said:

I am having bigger issues with delta who keeps changing my flights to terrible times. If the upgrade is a mistake, we are ok with the classic package. 🙂

Yeah I had that with my current flights.  Took some time to settle.   I don’t think celebrity would do that anyway.  Just yesterday I had 13.99 and then just looked and now 6.99.  Cxled and rebooked.  Not surprisingly it’s their screwy IT.  hope your flights turn out for you in your favor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I am hoping that the sale of upgrades has been slow and they are trying to find a more attractive price point to entice more people to buy it.  So $15 might be the new price but they’ve put them on sale to attract attention and therefore purchases.  

• Like 2

I upgraded about 2 hours ago for our 10 night cruise in February for $6.99pp/per night.  Best I’ve seen ever!  Couldn’t use the additional Captains Club discount but that’s ok.  In speaking with someone from Celebrity about 3 weeks ago to upgrade to premium he suggested I wait until December because there would be a sale. (We shall see).   But when I read these posts today I grabbed it!  Now I’m just hoping they don’t change what’s IN the premium beverage package!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

I can’t even imagine the uproar and backlash this would cause.

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

In ‘20 , RCL made a mistake offering Alcohol drink package at $18.99 USD pd  instead of the non alcoholic package 

in the end they honoured the price of $18.99 pd 

• Like 1

So I'm very confused, because on the website it says that the upgrade is 9.59 CAD but then when I click on it to order, suddenly it changes to 13.69 CAD.

What's going on?  What is the price supposed to be? Should I wait and see if they sort it out and it becomes $9.59 like it's advertising?  Or is $9.59 a bug that they don't mean and it's actually $13.69?

15 minutes ago, desibee said:

So I'm very confused, because on the website it says that the upgrade is 9.59 CAD but then when I click on it to order, suddenly it changes to 13.69 CAD.

What's going on?  What is the price supposed to be? Should I wait and see if they sort it out and it becomes $9.59 like it's advertising?  Or is $9.59 a bug that they don't mean and it's actually $13.69?

Gratuities. 18% US I’m thinking.