"Live"  Enchanted Princess, 26 Days, Nov 12th to Dec 8th, Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (+ Madrid Pre-Cruise)

LACruiser88

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

It's a beautiful day today in our Happy Place!

20231204_101223.thumb.jpg.54b002bb47bddf693fe4d3fc4f23f3e6.jpg

Thank you for your postings.  I am enjoying learning more about the ship.

Did you book the Sanctuary for the afternoon only for the whole cruise?  Are your pictures taken from the location of your loungers?

Thanks

• Like 1

Just now, jagoffee said:

Thank you for your postings.  I am enjoying learning more about the ship.

Did you book the Sanctuary for the afternoon only for the whole cruise?  Are your pictures taken from the location of your loungers?

Thanks

We booked for the entire cruise.  Photos taken from our loungers in our Cabana.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We booked for the entire cruise.  Photos taken from our loungers in our Cabana.

Thank you for the quick answer. Is the Cabana different than just two lounge chairs?

I recall that you are staying in a suite.  Do you find the Sanctuary still offers good value for you?

We  booked  the Sanctuary for a two week cruise on the Emerald some years ago and loved it.  But on that cruise we were booked in a  mini suites that was not covered.  We do not sit in the sun. So the Sanctuary was worth it for us.

Our next cruise is in a full suite, therefore we were wondering if it is still worth the extra cost.  Or will the Suite balcony be enough.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Edited by jagoffee

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thank you for the quick answer. Is the Cabana different than just two lounge chairs?

I recall that you are staying in a suite.  Do you find the Sanctuary still offers good value for you?

We  booked  the Sanctuary for a two week cruise on the Emerald some years ago and loved it.  But on that cruise we were booked in a  mini suites that was not covered.  We do not sit in the sun. So the Sanctuary was worth it for us.

Our next cruise is in a full suite, therefore we were wondering.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

The Sanctuary is not free for full suites either 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Our next cruise is in a full suite, therefore we were wondering if it is still worth the extra cost.  Or will the Suite balcony be enough.

Obviously, this is a personal choice.  But our balcony is no comparison to the Sanctuary experience.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

The extra dishes tonight in the Reserve Collection Dining Room were Beef Tenderloin and Spaghetti aglio e olio with Shrimp (the Spaghetti was delicious!).

We had the spaghetti (sans shrimp) a couple of nights ago for dinner. Nicola - the head waiter, not the maitre ‘d - arranged it for us, and it was delicious. Lots of garlic and just the right amount of pepper flakes. Yummy!!!

Yes, there are two Nicola’s in the dining room. Both have forty or so years with Princess, and apparently have never worked together before being here on the Enchanted.

• Like 2

I know you probably don't want to think about returning, but the weather promises to be just perfect for you in Fort Lauderdale on Friday. We have a "cold" front coming through, lows in the 50's and 60's, highs in the 70's. "Winter" is always welcome and celebrated by those of us in SoFl!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I know you probably don't want to think about returning, but the weather promises to be just perfect for you in Fort Lauderdale on Friday. We have a "cold" front coming through, lows in the 50's and 60's, highs in the 70's. "Winter" is always welcome and celebrated by those of us in SoFl!

It will take away some of the sting of being home. We should be walking through our front door by 9 a.m. Friday

• Like 2

Just now, Kmkub said:

It will take away some of the sting of being home. We should be walking through our front door by 9 a.m. Friday

We have a 4:30 pm direct flight from Miami to LAX, we will walk through our front door around 11 pm EST. 🥺

• Like 2

Tonight's dinner was really good!  The extra dishes in the Reserve Collection Dining Room were a Lobster Ravioli in a Lobster Bisque Sauce and a Seared Halibut.  Debbie had the Ravioli as her main course and I had the Halibut.  Both were delicious! 

Lobster tails were on the menu tonight, we are kind of over cruise ship lobster.  We are are grilling huge lobster tails at home for Christmas dinner, much better.

For those that will be onboard after us, Nikki and Elena are the BEST! (Nikki with my Cholula).

20231205_205959.thumb.jpg.91a8ba55f5b5e939e1ef24ee28637f50.jpg

We tried a new wine tonight.  It was very good, like a California Pinot Noir.

20231205_191632.thumb.jpg.1279c4b39ef3b2c82b60bdff0de2e171.jpg

20231205_211558.thumb.jpg.856366333e2bd95fcbcf022321f1527c.jpg

20231205_211602.thumb.jpg.c604e8645f5ebaa6f43ea858ae4216a7.jpg

• Like 3