New Elite benefit

cbfb

Just received this email:

I have heard from many of our loyal Captain’s Club members, such as yourself, that one of the program’s most gratifying aspects is the opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded travellers with whom you can share your experiences on board. I love that so many of you are eager to connect over your shared passion for travel and cruising. 

I am excited to announce that starting in January 2024, we will designate an existing lounge space for our Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members to get together on board during the daily Elite Cocktail hour. 

The lounge space will be available twice per cruise on sailings between 5 nights and 7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer, from 5pm to 7pm. Your concierge team will inform you in your welcome letter of the specific days and locations where you can gather on board. Additionally, drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

This gathering, in addition to our Captain’s Club Welcome Party, Senior Officer Party, Music & Mixology event, and more, provides our members with several opportunities to meet up, and we could not be more excited. Thank you for your loyalty, and I hope to meet you on board soon. 

Best,
Laura Hodges Bethge
Laura Hodges Bethge
President, Celebrity Cruises

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

I have heard from many of our loyal Captain’s Club members, such as yourself, that one of the program’s most gratifying aspects is the opportunity to be part of a community of like-minded travellers with whom you can share your experiences on board. I love that so many of you are eager to connect over your shared passion for travel and cruising. 

I am excited to announce that starting in January 2024, we will designate an existing lounge space for our Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members to get together on board during the daily Elite Cocktail hour. 

The lounge space will be available twice per cruise on sailings between 5 nights and 7 nights, and three times per cruise on sailings 8 nights or longer, from 5pm to 7pm. Your concierge team will inform you in your welcome letter of the specific days and locations where you can gather on board. Additionally, drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

This gathering, in addition to our Captain’s Club Welcome Party, Senior Officer Party, Music & Mixology event, and more, provides our members with several opportunities to meet up, and we could not be more excited. Thank you for your loyalty, and I hope to meet you on board soon. 

Best,
Laura Hodges Bethge
Laura Hodges Bethge

Thanks for posting. I'm glad this is happening although I'd rather see the nightly one (except embarkation day) like they used to have which was stopped during Covid. Also, I notice she doesn't mention Hors D’oeuvres like they used to have. They had some nice snacks! I enjoy having the get-together with fellow frequent cruisers.

• Like 2

Just now, 2chiefs said:

Thanks for posting. I'm glad this is happening although I'd rather see the nightly one (except embarkation day) like they used to have which was stopped during Covid. Also, I notice she doesn't mention Hors D’oeuvres like they used to have. They had some nice snacks! I enjoy having the get-together with fellow frequent cruisers.

I agree. Interested to see how this is. 

5 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

We have fond memories of sitting in Michael’s Club at the end of the day and this seems to be a return to those times. My initial reaction is 👍👍👍

I thought Michael's Club was for Retreat guests. I don't think that ever went away.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I thought Michael's Club was for Retreat guests. I don't think that ever went away.

The Retreat in Michaels (on some ships) is a more  "recent"  concept for the  benefit of suite guests to enhance suite marketing.

Michael's Club was originally a cigar bar with humidors along the wall..  When it was no longer used as a Cigar Bar,  it became a piano type lounge on most ships. (Perry Grant).

BUT  It  was  also used exclusively for the  Elite and E plus get together just before dinner (no shorts) , with  complimentary drinks, and excellent snacks &  surprise tastings from the Specialty Venues.  We looked forward to it most days as a cozy congenial get together..more about socializing than free drinks!

Michaels   also offered a small cold lite breakfast buffet with coffees.Cap Club host/ hostess presided.

Then two things happened...there were too many Elites or E + for the space so it was moved to the upstairs lounge.Not the same anymore. 

AND, it was given over to suite guests as their exclusive lounge.

Happy to hear it may come back as an option.  Our next cruise is in late January so hope we will get to experience it. 

I am sure it won't be in the Michaels,  but hopefully in a nice space!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Happy to hear it may come back as an option.  Our next cruise is in late Jsnuary so hope we will get to experience it.

I also am very glad that they are returning to this format. 

I am pretty confident that it will not be held in Michael's Club or the Retreat Lounge.  My money says it will return back to the Sky View Lounge as it's a larger venue and more suited to a gathering of this type.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

I and some friends are sailing a holiday cruise on Beyond, leaving Dec. 22, 2022 and returning Jan. 2, 2024. I wonder if they will have this on our one evening at sea in 2024 -- Jan 1?! LOL

We are on that cruise with you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

The Retreat in Michaels (on some ships) is a more  "recent"  concept for the  benefit of suite guests to enhance suite marketing.

Michael's Club was originally a cigar bar with humidors along the wall..  When it was no longer used as a Cigar Bar,  it became a piano type lounge on most ships. (Perry Grant).

BUT  It  was  also used exclusively for the  Elite and E plus get together just before dinner (no shorts) , with  complimentary drinks, and excellent snacks &  surprise tastings from the Specialty Venues.  We looked forward to it most days as a cozy congenial get together..more about socializing than free drinks!

Michaels   also offered a small cold lite breakfast buffet with coffees.Cap Club host/ hostess presided.

Then two things happened...there were too many Elites or E + for the space so it was moved to the upstairs lounge.Not the same anymore. 

AND, it was given over to suite guests as their exclusive lounge.

Happy to hear it may come back as an option.  Our next cruise is in late January so hope we will get to experience it. 

I am sure it won't be in the Michaels,  but hopefully in a nice space!

Thanks. We didn't know that history. We just started sailing Celebrity a few years ago.

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I also am very glad that they are returning to this format. 

I am pretty confident that it will not be held in Michael's Club or the Retreat Lounge.  My money says it will return back to the Sky View Lounge as it's a larger venue and more suited to a gathering of this type.

I like the Sky View Lounge. Perfect venue for this.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Best,
Laura Hodges Bethge
Laura Hodges Bethge

5 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Not so great for non-Elites to lose access to some lounge.

It's only for two hours and two days out of six (not going to be on Embarkation day) ..

Better for them than before when it was every night of the cruise except the first night. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

It's only for two hours and two days out of six (not going to be on Embarkation day) ..

Better for them than before when it was every night of the cruise except the first night. 

It states it’s in addition to the daily drinks. 

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

It states it’s in addition to the daily drinks. 

My thought process and experience tells me the lounge hours will be the same as Happy Hour.  I read it as instead of going to the happy hour you could still choose to have your 'unlimited drinks' in other venue's during Happy Hour.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I guess that was what I was fearing it would return to. We never had a chance to be in the Sky Lounge on the Refl in 2019 except for morning trivia contests. If it is limited to the 2 hrs in the letter, that should be okay.   Would like to enjoy it after dinner!

6 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I guess that was what I was fearing it would return to. We never had a chance to be in the Sky Lounge on the Refl in 2019 except for morning trivia contests. If it is limited to the 2 hrs in the letter, that should be okay.   Would like to enjoy it after dinner!

The Sky Lounge was pretty empty except for events (only two cruises for reference so I could be wrong). Triva during the day and then late evening events like Silent Disco or live music.

1 minute ago, 2chiefs said:

I reread the email you posted and I don't see where it says that.

End of the third paragraph;

additionally , drinks will still be available at bars and lounges throughout the ship daily by presenting your Seapass card if you prefer not to use the designated lounge space. 

• Like 1