Upgrade to Premium from Classic Drink Pkg -- SCORE!!!

LadyBerard

9 hours ago, bboop51 said:

The policy now is that everyone has to upgrade.  Another way for Celebrity to make money. Captains Club to the rescue.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it - Captains Club certainly did come to the rescue & I was able to upgrade my husband to the Premium Package for AUD$13.38.  He no longer misses out simply because I can't drink alcohol.  I think I'll take my medical certificate along just in case there's any problems onboard the ship....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FeebeeH said:

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it - Captains Club certainly did come to the rescue & I was able to upgrade my husband to the Premium Package for AUD$13.38.  He no longer misses out simply because I can't drink alcohol.  I think I'll take my medical certificate along just in case there's any problems onboard the ship....

I am so glad they could help you, too 💕

Advise to keep checking.  I was able to upgrade one cruise to premium for $6.99 a few days ago, but another cruise was priced at $13.99 for the upgrade, and another showed no option to upgrade at all.  This morning, the cruise which showed no upgrade now had a sale price of $6.99, but my 2025 cruise still showing $13.99.  

16 minutes ago, rotoal said:

Has anyone been able to get the Captain's Club loyalty discount on top of this?   

And I answered my own question.   The flash deal is not combinable with Captain's Club.   I need to remember to check CruiseCritic on a regular basis!

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I appreciate the suggestions but I just do not see upgrades.  Despite upgrading to premium before the app still offers to let me sign up (blue button) for either Classic or Premium.

I phoned Celebrity and had them deduct the $6.99 upgrade cost off of our onboard credit allowance. Saved about $200. 

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I appreciate the suggestions but I just do not see upgrades.  Despite upgrading to premium before the app still offers to let me sign up (blue button) for either Classic or Premium.

Call Celebrity and ask them to make the change. I saved $220 over two cruises yesterday by calling. 

50 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

I phoned Celebrity and had them deduct the $6.99 upgrade cost off of our onboard credit allowance. Saved about $200. 

This worked for me. I just did it on the website. It even offered to use OBC which I took advantage of as I didn't need the OBC. Thank you CC.

Jim

39 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

This worked for me. I just did it on the website. It even offered to use OBC which I took advantage of as I didn't need the OBC. Thank you CC.

Jim

So y'all are canceling then upgrading again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So y'all are canceling then upgrading again?

Yes.  If you’ve already upgraded, first ensure that a lower upgrade price is available for your specific cruise. If it is, just cancel your original upgrade, then purchase the upgrade at the lower price. Did it yesterday on the website. New upgrade was $6.99 pp/pd on our 12/2/23 Apex cruise. Saved us just over $200. 

Edited by mocruiseguy

We are from central european region and and I find only today 53% discount for upgrade (6,99 € incl. tips) for our transatlantic Apex cruise for next year October in my Cruise planner site. Till yesterday nothing. Should be good to check cruises daily.