Upgrade to Premium from Classic Drink Pkg -- SCORE!!!

LadyBerard

Today, I was able to upgrade our included Classic Drink Pkg. on two of our upcoming cruises -- 1/15/24 Silhouette and 10/11/24 Eclipse for $6.99 pp per day, plus gratuities!  I had originally upgraded our Eclipse for $10.00 pp per day, plus gratuities and canceled that today and rebooked at the lower rate!!!!  🙂

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Pushka said:

There's already a thread about this 

Easily missed as the title: “Reduction in Drinks Packages” doesn’t necessarily imply price reduction. When I clicked on the thread I expected to read about items that have been removed from the packages, thereby reducing the offerings. 

• Like 4

For two of my three upcoming X cruises--my B2Bs on Millennium for Japan, both 12 nights, it's $9.99 per day for the upgrade.  Add the additional gratuities and, for the two of us, it's another $565.84 for the upgrade.  We decided we can deal with drinking whatever is on the classic package.  The entire two cruises in Concierge plus RT Airfare plus 5 nights of hotels in Tokyo plus 17 port or city tours/shore excursions plus meals in Tokyo plus ground transportation is quite enough without adding on another $565.

For our upcoming Eclipse cruise to Cabo, we didn't spring for the "all-inclusive", so upgrading isn't a consideration...BUT, being Captains Club Elite+, we get free drinks from 5-7 anyway...and they want, on sale, $41.99 for the classic package...So, to make even that work, we wouldn't even break even at four drinks a night each....And remember, that's not just five drinks each for us...it's five drinks ABOVE and BEYOND those free drinks from 5-7.  NAAAAHHHH!  We'll just drink freebies. from 5 until dinner, then, if we can still drink, we'll just pay by the drink. 

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Easily missed as the title: “Reduction in Drinks Packages” doesn’t necessarily imply price reduction. When I clicked on the thread I expected to read about items that have been removed from the packages, thereby reducing the offerings. 

You always have something kind to say on these boards 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Today, I was able to upgrade our included Classic Drink Pkg. on two of our upcoming cruises -- 1/15/24 Silhouette and 10/11/24 Eclipse for $6.99 pp per day, plus gratuities!  I had originally upgraded our Eclipse for $10.00 pp per day, plus gratuities and canceled that today and rebooked at the lower rate!!!!  🙂

I saved $200 CAD on the upgrade from Classic to Premium!

• Like 2

Oh gosh..I would have been prepared to pay the original 18.00 pp pd to upgrade but hubby said not a chance ! Last night it went down to 14.07 so i booked it with our OBC and just told him I'd done it ! Just checked again now and it's gone down to 6.96 pppd so cancelled last night's and rebooked! I'm well chuffed. Thanks to all on the board for the heads up

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It's on specific sailings and specific ships. Unfortunately. my Ascent cruise isn't one of them

Keep checking as I was just able to get the deal on my Ascent cruise which is next August. The price had dropped from a few hours ago. 

Saw it down to $6.99 for my B2B Japan cruises...So, about $400 total for the 24 nights...Makes it awfully tempting...

So, I ran it by my wife--mainly because, of us, she's the wine drinker and it increases her wine choices (Under $10 wine is fairly limiting).  For me, I drink Anejo Tequila at home--but going classic to premium, though it adds a couple of Reposados, does NOT give you Anejo anyway.   So, on the ship,  move to bourbon...and though I'd rather have Woodford, Maker's Mark or even Jack, for the length of the cruise, i can deal with Jim Beam or even Canadian...The real place I've noticeda difference is in pre-bedtime liqueurs, where, with a classic package, I'm drinking Sambuca--as Amaretto and Bailey's now require Premium.  

My wife said it's still not worth it...For the length of the cruise, we can adjust.

For comparison purposes, here's the list:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages