What is your favorite thing to do in these ports

Booked sort of last minute on the Dream out of Galveston.  It's my busy season at work and I have very little time to do any research on excursions. I am asking for you to help me choose.  We have been to all of these ports before.  In Costa Maya, we went to Maya Chan and loved it!  In Belize we did a Carnival Excursion and swam with nurse sharks and sting rays and snorkeling near a sand bar.  We loved that too.  We have been to Cozumel a few times and we have done Paradise Beach, and just walked looking for a pharmacy  from the port.  The ones close to the port are very expensive.  If you want to get your steps in, keep walking.  You will get a much better price. By the way, there are also some really good tacos right across the street from the port. We have done that twice. I would be happy repeating what we have done.  My husband likes to do something different. I would love to have some beach time in Coz if there is a place that isn't smothered in sea weed. 

What is your favorite thing to do in these ports.  I will attach my itinerary here.  Thanks in advance!

Sun Galveston, TX   3:30 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea    

Tue Costa Maya, Mexico 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

Wed Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Cozumel, Mexico 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea    

Sat Galveston, TX 8:00 AM  

Costa Maya go to the ruins or The Crazy Lobster

Belize: the ruins, snorkeling, or cave tubing (we used butts up)

Cozumel : wait for it…. The ruins (very culturally important to the Mayan people, just not that impressive to view). Go tequila tasting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Theosprey247 said:

Costa Maya go to the ruins or The Crazy Lobster

Belize: the ruins, snorkeling, or cave tubing (we used butts up)

Cozumel : wait for it…. The ruins (very culturally important to the Mayan people, just not that impressive to view). Go tequila tasting. 

2 hours ago, my kids mama said:

Booked sort of last minute on the Dream out of Galveston.  It's my busy season at work and I have very little time to do any research on excursions. I am asking for you to help me choose.  We have been to all of these ports before.  In Costa Maya, we went to Maya Chan and loved it!  In Belize we did a Carnival Excursion and swam with nurse sharks and sting rays and snorkeling near a sand bar.  We loved that too.  We have been to Cozumel a few times and we have done Paradise Beach, and just walked looking for a pharmacy  from the port.  The ones close to the port are very expensive.  If you want to get your steps in, keep walking.  You will get a much better price. By the way, there are also some really good tacos right across the street from the port. We have done that twice. I would be happy repeating what we have done.  My husband likes to do something different. I would love to have some beach time in Coz if there is a place that isn't smothered in sea weed. 

What is your favorite thing to do in these ports.  I will attach my itinerary here.  Thanks in advance!

Sun Galveston, TX   3:30 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea    

Tue Costa Maya, Mexico 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

Wed Belize 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Cozumel, Mexico 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Fun Day At Sea    

Sat Galveston, TX 8:00 AM  

We did Cozumel and Costa Maya last year in Costa Maya, we did Jamie’s at Blue Reef. It was $52 for an all-inclusive day pass. They only allow 35 guests per day and the day we were there, it couldn’t have been more than 20! We had chairs under palapas for some nice shade. Our waitress was fantastic! And the food was awesome! The chef catches everything locally. The ceviche was so fresh and flavorful! Even the drinks are made with syrups that the bartender makes from scratch!  I will definitely go back! 

In Cozumel, try Nachi Cocom. Like Jamie’s they limit capacity. Usually 85 max. When we went it was $59/ per person all inclusive. Includes a 4 course meal and all drinks as well as chairs under a palapa. There is also a large pool with a swim up bar. 

it’s been years since I’ve been to Belize. We did cave tubing there once and zip lining another time. Would like to check out the beaches next time I’m there. 

• Like 1

Belize-the Belize zoo or anything that includes the River Wallace.  The Belize Zoo is unlike any US zoo.  You could actually touch a tiger if you were stupid enough to ignore safety instructions.  

Cozumel -the glass submarine tour.  It was, surprisingly, the best such glass submarine one I have done.  You take a boat out to the sub and they take you to the drop off.  

• Like 1

If you'd like a little immersion in the Spanish language while in Cozumel, walk into the Mega store (it is on the main street between the port and downtown; on the far side of the street/not water-front side).  It is a grocery store and mini-discount/home store rolled into one. 

Clean, bright...and you will recognize some standard food items (boxes of cereal, etc.) and spot some that are new. We've bought toothpaste here, children's board books (in Spanish, of course), sunscreen, snacks...all while enjoying the shopping experience in another language.  American dollars are accepted at the check-out.  The store is air-conditioned, there is an ice cream stand on the lower level, the shopping carts ride an escalator beside you, there is a tasty in-store bakery....we enjoy visiting grocery stores in different countries. 

Edited by Out of Iowa
clarity
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cynt said:

Cozumel - Nachi Cocum

We go to Nachi Cocum every time we go to Cozumel, except once. We wanted to try Mr Sanchos. Never again.  So crowded.  The lounge chairs are stacked close together all the way down to the water so there is no beach.

• Like 2

Food for thought, when we went to Costa Maya we rented a golf cart right out from of port for $80 and drove around and then went to Krazy Lobster for lunch. Then drove cart to more sights before returning. We all laughed a ton! 

Chankanuub in Cozumel has so much to offer!