NCL Agent ghosted us? I hope?

Fern Crest

We booked online and had a disappointing experience, and we are stuck in a connecting room. We tried to fix it through the website chat function, but that's not possible. We were assigned an Agent, and we had one conversation with her, and it went great! We explained our situation and that we'd like a different room. She said that she would look into it and call us back. That was 3 weeks ago. We have called and left several voicemails. We sail on Dec 6.

At this point, I'm hoping all she did was ghost us, and hope that something more serious hasn't happened to her.

Would anyone know what our options are? Can we get a different Agent? Are we stuck with our cabin? Hope that our bid for an upgrade goes through? Just avail ourselves of the drinks package?

10 minutes ago, Fern Crest said:

We booked online and had a disappointing experience, and we are stuck in a connecting room. We tried to fix it through the website chat function, but that's not possible. We were assigned an Agent, and we had one conversation with her, and it went great! We explained our situation and that we'd like a different room. She said that she would look into it and call us back. That was 3 weeks ago. We have called and left several voicemails. We sail on Dec 6.

At this point, I'm hoping all she did was ghost us, and hope that something more serious hasn't happened to her.

Would anyone know what our options are? Can we get a different Agent? Are we stuck with our cabin? Hope that our bid for an upgrade goes through? Just avail ourselves of the drinks package?

Forget the PCC. 

Just call the general reservations number. Don’t get all down in the weeds on the circumstances. Just state you want to change rooms. Give them the room number you prefer, if you know it. Or what you want. Don’t hang up until you have a new. room. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Forget the PCC. 

Just call the general reservations number. Don’t get all down in the weeds on the circumstances. Just state you want to change rooms. Give them the room number you prefer, if you know it. Or what you want. Don’t hang up until you have a new. room. 

Yes, calling the main number is a good idea. However, it may not be quite that simple this close to sail date, possibly why it hasn't been done.

Or they are getting ghosted...my PCC just left, only reason I know is because when I tried to call, I got routed to the main number. So I texted her, got the scoop.

there is absolutely no problem in/with a connecting room, and you have 0 to worry about unless you are completely anti-social. even then, there is no difference between a connecting  room and non-connecting room. even if you get the room , assuming it's balcony or above, when you step onto your balcony, if your next door neighbor is out on their respective balcony you may/can still see each other. you dont have/need to communicate, but be  aware they are still next door whether your cabin is

connecting or not.

while i certainly concede that everyone has the right to choose a specific cabin ( if it's available).

i dont understand your reluctance/ desire to switch. this is purely a rhetorical question, you owe neither me nor anyone else on CC, an answer or explanation, but i hope you get what you want

• Like 1

We have been in connecting rooms on several occasions in the past - except for a door being "visible" on one of the walls, we have not noticed any difference to a non-connectiong room. Never heard more from neighbouring cabins if the room was of the "connecting type". 

It seems lots of people are worried about connecting doors. So was I when I was asigned one a few months ago. As it turned out I didn't hear a thing from the connected cabin. My neighbour on the other side I heard way too much from. So, what makes a difference seems to be what neighbour you get, not connected cabin or not!

• Like 1

Perhaps the OP has had a negative experience in the past leading them to avoid connecting cabins.

We had one once on the Oasis of the Seas and to say that noise leaked through was an understatement. When we were in our cabin we could hear every time they closed the bathroom door, every time they flushed the toilet and if they were conversing near the door, every word they said (happy to report they received several strong offers on their home during the week). There were even a few mornings that we were woken up by their alarm! I'm sure they had the pleasure of enjoying noise from our movements too.

For that reason, I now ALWAYS avoid the connecting door cabins, unless I am travelling with the people in the other cabin. I'm sure they are not all created equal and some are better soundproofed than what I experienced, but I don't want to take that chance when I have an option to choose a cabin without a connecting door. 

Agree with what others have posted, since OP booked themselves online, they are free to speak to any other agent who should be able to assist. 

• Like 2

My PCC, whom I booked my cruise through and also got a friend connected to for booking the cruise, never responded to my phone call when I wanted to ad insurance and make my final payment.  I didn't sit on my hands and wait, I just called the main number and got it done.

Unlike booking through a TA you can just call and make all the changes you want when you've used a PCC, as has been noted by BirdTravels

Thanks for all of the replies! I'll call NCL today.

Yes, we did have an unpleasant experience with a connecting room. To say that our neighbors were "loudly amorous" would be an understatement.

It got so weird that after Day 2, we stuck a kindly worded note on the door, "We can tell you're enjoying your vacation! Intimately! :-)" Nothing changed.

Appreciate the advice, all!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Fern Crest said:

Yes, we did have an unpleasant experience with a connecting room. To say that our neighbors were "loudly amorous" would be an understatement.

I get how bad that must have been. But honestly, it probably would have been just as bad in a non-connected room. I was in a non-connected room on my recent cruise, and I could hear my neighbours conversating, and had I wanted to I probably could have heard what about as well. But I put in my ear plugs instead...

I do hope you can get your room exchanged for better peace of mind though. Good luck! 

We had a connecting room last week. No problem from the side connecting door/room (not a peep). We got more noise from the non-connecting side which had kids banging and screaming as they played at night 😞

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fern Crest said:

And yet, people say the entertainment on NCL is going downhill...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Please explain the problem with a connecting room.   There is a locked "soundproof" door between the two rooms.

I've been in a connecting room and the people next door were loud, the sound through the door was not soundproof. We now try to avoid all connecting rooms.