Clear Plastic Sleeve for Luggage Tags

Flgreg

The luggage tags provided by Regent to get your bags to your cabin don't look very sturdy to me. I found some very inexpensive clear tags on Amazon where you insert the Regent tags and they seem pretty durable.

Any problems with using those?

Thanks.

Never had any problem with Regent supplied tags over 200+ days of cruising.  No need to waste the money. You will get  nice name tags on the ship at some point as you cruise with Regent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flgreg said:

The luggage tags provided by Regent to get your bags to your cabin don't look very sturdy to me. I found some very inexpensive clear tags on Amazon where you insert the Regent tags and they seem pretty durable.

Thanks.

We bought tag holders on Amazon years ago for Royal Caribbean and also bought a set of Carnival tag holders.  The Carnival one's will easily hold the Regent tags so we simply. slide them in and attach to our bags.  Not really necessary though as the tags are a lot sturdier than they look.  Anyway, here's a photo with our Regent bag tag in a holder that (I believe) is a Carnival holder (wider than Royal Caribbean).  As you can see it fits very easily.

IMG_7020.jpeg

21 hours ago, Flgreg said:

No there is no problem using them. We bought some Cruise Critic ones years ago when we did a couple of cruises on Celebrity and i use them for our Regent cruises. Works fine and I never worry about the Regent luggage tag accidentally being torn off.  It is probably not necessary to spend the money as the Regent tags work perfectly well but if you like the added piece of mind, buy them for the small cost of them. 

On 10/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, Flgreg said:

Thanks.

I did the same thing.  I didn't trust the material of the luggage tags we just received from Regent.  The clear plastic sleeves were only six bucks on Amazon.  (I couldn't find the ones we used last year on our NCL cruise, but now that the new ones have arrived, the old ones will, no doubt, pop up.)

We're having Luggage Forward transfer our luggage to the ship, and it provides its own tags.  But, I'm a belt-and-suspenders type of fellow; I'll be attaching both the Luggage Forward tags and the Regent tags to our bags.  

8 hours ago, CDR Benson said:

I'll be attaching both the Luggage Forward tags and the Regent tags to our bags.  

Have you done this before?  We used Luggage Forward in 2022 and I seem to remember that they specifically said not to attach ships luggage tags.  I may be totally wrong about that (wouldn't be the first time),  but if you've never done this you may want to double check. 

1 minute ago, papaflamingo said:

Have you done this before?  We used Luggage Forward in 2022 and I seem to remember that they specifically said not to attach ships luggage tags.  I may be totally wrong about that (wouldn't be the first time),  but if you've never done this you may want to double check. 

I did it for our NCL cruise last year.  I attached both the tags Luggage Forward provided and the NCL tags (in plastic sleeves).  I didn't see any exhortions to not do so in the instructions provided by Luggage Forward---but I could've missed them.

It seemed to pose no problems.  Our luggage arrived at our stateroom about two hours before underway time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CDR Benson said:

I did it for our NCL cruise last year.  I attached both the tags Luggage Forward provided and the NCL tags (in plastic sleeves).  I didn't see any exhortions to not do so in the instructions provided by Luggage Forward---but I could've missed them.

It seemed to pose no problems.  Our luggage arrived at our stateroom about two hours before underway time.

Yeah...I couldn't remember.  Old age. Thanks. 😎

Edited by papaflamingo