Simply more with air and without air.

FeelingCruisy

As we know the new fare system is simply more with and without air.   Spoke to futures desk and confirmed that's the only 2 types of booking moving forward.  I expressed that some cruises don't want shore excursions from the ship or don't drink.  No solution, you'll just have to book it with the drink package (meal package) and excursion credits.  As I was told these group of customers will always come back to Oceania even if they disagree with the new booking system.  They'll always come back.   Anyway she said what customers can do if they don't like the system is to write it on the comment cards mid and end of cruise.  Just wrote mine.   

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.  Celebrity went that way and then backed off and is selling cruise only again.  We are booked on our first Oceania next August with cruise only as we rarely drink and do not want to be forced into ship tours.  Our decision on future cruises with O will likely depend on the necessity to buy things we don't want.  Having said that I am really looking forward to the cruise.

19 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

It will be interesting to see what happens over time.  Celebrity went that way and then backed off and is selling cruise only again.  We are booked on our first Oceania next August with cruise only as we rarely drink and do not want to be forced into ship tours.  Our decision on future cruises with O will likely depend on the necessity to buy things we don't want.  Having said that I am really looking forward to the cruise.

Exactly, we are on our first Oceania and really love it.   I don't drink at all and usually prefer to find our own private excursions.

• Thanks 1

Yes to the last couple posts! We also booked “cruise only” for Aug 2024. First timers. We drink but never enough to purchase any extra package/inclusion. We like flexibility of shore excursions…ship’s or independent. We survive w/o constant WiFi. We have used both ship airfare or booked our own. These extra costs make it unlikely we will book future trips with O. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, all2me said:

Yes to the last couple posts! We also booked “cruise only” for Aug 2024. First timers. We drink but never enough to purchase any extra package/inclusion. We like flexibility of shore excursions…ship’s or independent. We survive w/o constant WiFi. We have used both ship airfare or booked our own. These extra costs make it unlikely we will book future trips with O. Time will tell. 

WIFI has been free on O for many years.  On all sailings after 01OCT 23, each stateroom has 2 free accounts.

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Does this mean if there is excursion credit it can't be used for other things you might us obc for?

I ask because with some cruiselines we get excursion obc, but can use that for anything, not just excursions. 

It is  called an "Excursion Credit "  for  a reason  🤔

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Does this mean if there is excursion credit it can't be used for other things you might us obc for?

I ask because with some cruiselines we get excursion obc, but can use that for anything, not just excursions. 

Excursions only.

• Like 2