Pan Pacific Vancouver question

surgie

I'll call the hotel if no one here knows...but in booking a night pre-cruise at Pan Pacific for our family (3 rooms), my choices are King bed or 2 "doubles". I find in Europe doubles often mean US queen size beds. Does anyone know if doubles at Pan Pacific mean the US size "full" beds or US size queen beds? Thanks.

I don’t know the answer to that question, but a word of warning.  We paid quite a bit for a room there because it would be so convenient.  Only it turned out that our ship docked quite a bit away - a long taxi ride.  I would suggest checking to make sure you dock there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kellie in Texas said:

@smokeybandit my family of four stayed at the Pan Pacific in June 2022 in one room, so there are definitely rooms there for four people. @surgie I don't remember if the beds were queen or full, but I'm pretty sure they were queen. 

Maybe there just weren't any available at the time I was looking to book.  Only rooms with 2 doubles were available.

• Like 2

Our room was huge!  The beds were Queens in ours and the view spectacular.  Well worth the price which we got from Priceline for $144.  Our bags were taken to the ship from the hotel staff, easy peasy, I LOVE it and Vancouver!

20130905_vancouver_004.jpg

Pan Pacific.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We avoided Pan Pacific because it wasn't meant for more than 2 people per room.

We ended up at the Delta Marriott. Real nice hotel, plenty of room, and still walked to the port.

I do have a reservation at Delta in case we don't go with Pan Pacific but when I did a dummy booking for PP there was not problem booking rooms for 4 people. The upside of Delta - Marriott points. 

2 hours ago, ATG said:

I don’t know the answer to that question, but a word of warning.  We paid quite a bit for a room there because it would be so convenient.  Only it turned out that our ship docked quite a bit away - a long taxi ride.  I would suggest checking to make sure you dock there.

Ok - is the docking location set several months in advance. We are on RCCL Radiance of the Seas and I don't see anywhere in my reservation info that lists where the ship docks. But yes I'm considering PP due to convenience and it would be a bummer for it not to be convenient after all!

Our stay was pre-pandemic though, 2014.  So you may not find our price, but keep watching.  Also, many times Priceline, Experion and others prices change drastically the week before your cruise.  They are trying to fill the hotel and prices will plummet if you can be brave enough to wait.

8 hours ago, ATG said:

May I ask when that was?  I'm under the impression that all the cruise ships currently use Canada Place/Pan Pacific to dock nowadays.  Previously, some ships also docked at Ballantyne Pier which is about 10min east of Canada Place.  However, Ballantyne Pier is no longer used for cruise ships.  

5 hours ago, surgie said:

Ok - is the docking location set several months in advance. We are on RCCL Radiance of the Seas and I don't see anywhere in my reservation info that lists where the ship docks. But yes I'm considering PP due to convenience and it would be a bummer for it not to be convenient after all!

Here's a link to the Port of Vancouver cruise schedule page.  You need to click on the link mid-page to pull up the actual schedule which currently only shows the 2023 season.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

May I ask when that was?  I'm under the impression that all the cruise ships currently use Canada Place/Pan Pacific to dock nowadays.  Previously, some ships also docked at Ballantyne Pier which is about 10min east of Canada Place.  However, Ballantyne Pier is no longer used for cruise ships.  

Here's a link to the Port of Vancouver cruise schedule page.  You need to click on the link mid-page to pull up the actual schedule which currently only shows the 2023 season.  

It was quite a few years ago, I believe in 2014 or 2015.  We were doing a repo from Vancouver to Hawaii.  I just remember how disappointed I was that our ship wasn’t going to be right there.  The cab ride was more than 10 minutes and I remember passing by a tent city used by the homeless population.  We haven’t been back in Vancouver since then.  We had a great time there, and I’m glad they use the Canada Place docks.  It was a great area to walk around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Here is this week's price I just looked up:

Pan.jpg

Yes but I'm looking at July 2024 and the price is $448 on Priceline which is the same as quoted on the hotel website. I generally don't do 3rd party bookings but would for a significant savings. I'm sure the hotel is in greater demand during the cruise season. Thanks for the info, though.

20 hours ago, ATG said:

It was quite a few years ago, I believe in 2014 or 2015.  We were doing a repo from Vancouver to Hawaii.  I just remember how disappointed I was that our ship wasn’t going to be right there.  The cab ride was more than 10 minutes and I remember passing by a tent city used by the homeless population.  We haven’t been back in Vancouver since then.  We had a great time there, and I’m glad they use the Canada Place docks.  It was a great area to walk around.

Yep, it sounds like Ballantyne Pier.  (We also once mistakenly had my FIL pick us up post cruise from Canada Place when in fact we disembarked at Ballantyne.)  It was definitely not the best location so happy they decommissioned it.  

On 10/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, surgie said:

Yes but I'm looking at July 2024 and the price is $448 on Priceline which is the same as quoted on the hotel website. I generally don't do 3rd party bookings but would for a significant savings. I'm sure the hotel is in greater demand during the cruise season. Thanks for the info, though.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:27 PM, BecciBoo said:

You have to wait to book till closer to July and you will see significant savings.

I booked the PP on a cancellable rate about a year before my cruise then watched the prices as time got closer.  The price did go down and I just called the hotel itself and they adjusted my price to the lower one.  No problem at all!  I always book directly with hotels and join their loyalty programs (which are free) and get a few dollars off the room rates.

I had a very nice stay there twice and loved the Pacific Club room.  The views from the Pacific Club Lounge were spectacular, as was the service! 

~Nancy

• Like 3

At that time of year, nothing will be inexpensive, especially post Covid.  There are several hotels within walking distance, such as The Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street ( not necessarily cheaper) but as suggested, probably best to secure the best current deal and keep checking.  
There is talk of eventually opening up a new cruise port, but currently, you are correct, that is where all ships dock.

• 4 weeks later...

We always stay at the PP even if we are taking a plane or train trip rather than a cruise.  We usually get a king-bed room but once all we could get was two "doubles." Although I didn't measure them, they appeared to be queen-sized.

We book long in advance and check the rates now and then. Without exception they have come down closer to our stay. The hotel will be full during cruise season so it is possible the rates won't be reduced but we have been lucky.  A couple of months prior to our November train trip we received an e-mail from PP telling us about a special deal. We re-booked and saved over $100.  Except when the Pacific Club was closed for a while (obviously during and shortly after the worst of the pandemic) we stay in that section. We find it worth the extra $100 or so.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2024 at 9:47 PM, Cairns Cruisers said:

Too rich for me. We have checked for the last 6 months and have never found PP under A$800 a night.

Below is today's price for this Sept. Auberge was the next plan but now fully booked. Plan C now required😄.

image.thumb.png.0e2fcb39ebf1cb09b3c8602025577a7d.png

We have also stayed at the Pinnacle Marriott approximately a block and a half away. We had a great room high floor overlooking the harbor. Might be worth checking it out.

1 hour ago, DiamondSuiteCruiser said:

We have also stayed at the Pinnacle Marriott approximately a block and a half away. We had a great room high floor overlooking the harbor. Might be worth checking it out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately still $1100 a night there.

I think we will venture out Robson St way to get something less pricey.

55 minutes ago, Cairns Cruisers said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately still $1100 a night there.

I think we will venture out Robson St way to get something less pricey.

Sorry, I guess everything has doubled if not tripled since COVID. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!