The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 29th, 2023

richwmn

Halifax was really quiet today. We walked along the waterfront to the Waterfront Warehouse where we enjoyed lunch as we have done on many occasions. Was tempted to have a whole lobster dinner but seeing we are dining tonight in the Grill we chose a lobster roll and some cold water lobsters.

After dinner we will be going to the Grand Salon for the singers and dancers. We really have enjoyed the entertainment. Super talented cast. 
Will have to do some math but with all beverages included, no cost specialty dining, room bar set up it may come close to a BHB cruise.

The crew is trained to work various venues. So are dining room waiter was working as a bar waiter prior to dinner. Entertainers work as team and all can be called upon to host various events. It’s a well oiled machine designed to pamper and treat one as royalty.

Tomorrow a new port for us. Shelburne, Nova Scotia.

Life is very good. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.251b6235cf7ec7aaee40e760f6caf7f9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1756618dd742d164e51691c73c010d50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8253be36b5ac37eb718a1bf170e9feea.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8c621e17913f7d223f92121914b187a3.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

When I got back from Toledo, around 6:00, the water in the hotel had been repaired. Navigating Toledo on foot was difficult, partly because about half population of Spain seemed to have chosen today to visit, apparently just to mill around. Maybe some pix later. They’re on my phone, which needs charging.

The trains between Madrid and Toledo aren’t classed as high-speed, but they reach 250 km/hr over part of the route.

I ought to have have mentioned yesterday that I have two black cats. I didn’t think that they qualified as international cats but National Cat Day will be OK. 

When I get home I’ll be teaching a class on the book of Jeremiah, which overlaps the exile in Babylonia. When they returned, Ezra and Nehemiah assembled everyone and had the entire Torah read aloud.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 27

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Hopefully I have a few more quiet moments before DGS wakes up.  We're really enjoying having him here, and of course he's loving the undivided attention he gets because his brother is sick and couldn't come for the weekend!  Just before bed last night he told me that he loves coming here overnight (made my heart happy!)  Tonight we're going to the pool with my neighbor and her granddaughter.

I couldn't let cat day go by without looking for photos 😉  I'm loving all the photos today of the beautiful cats!  @Crazy For Cats I didn't realize you have 7!  I thought maybe 4...wow!  All beautiful.  Since I posted all my black cat photos the other day, here are the other cats we've had in our lives.  Every single one of them chose us, not the other way around.  And most of them have been tabbies.  My first cat as a child was an orange kitty (George) but I don't have photos of him.

Our first cat, Cairo with our daughter.  He got to be 17 pounds but wasn't fat, just a large cat!  

Scan_20190611.thumb.jpg.eebe4416867a0373d608d8e588b5631e.jpg

And our last cat, Suhy.  Raised her with a bottle, she thought I was her Mommy. ❤️

Suhycooler.jpg.f71e980289923a225d39378a10a74a9b.jpg

We had the same couch & chair --- from Penney's as I recall.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2015 Allure of the Seas transatlantic.  I was in a "Boardwalk Balcony" cabin, facing inward but with just a bit of a slice of the outside.  Our course had us on exactly the right heading for the sunrise.

dawn1029.jpg

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers just a correction on my previous post. Those shells contained cold water oysters not lobster!🤔

Sandi our chocolates last night were cherry flavored. Different every day. We are collecting them to take home as we are given confectionary treats every night in the Restaurant ( they put a lot of thought into naming the MDR).

image.thumb.jpeg.e290fb9736102a712203adfea2835dd1.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  There's not a lot happening here.  Basically, it's been a lazy day.  It's still cloudy, windy and 50F, so we have not ventured outside.  So far, the predicted rain has not materialized.  With rain predicted through tomorrow at least, I imagine that we'll get some rain.

5 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good cold morning,

Yikes it is cold and rainy.  They are predicting winters mix in the area. My hopes my area is spared.

Murphy struggled a bit getting used to the CPAP but as of yesterday afternoon she settled in. I have not had an update today. 

I am going to see the play To Kill A Mockingbird this afternoon. It is part of the traveling Broadway series. A friend had an extra ticket. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates. 

Thanks for the hard work of our contributors. I look forward to the Daily every morning. 

Prayers and well wishes. Have a great day. 

Lorraine, I'm sorry Murphy struggled some getting used to the cpap, but I'm glad she settled down with it.    I hope this step forward in her recovery is the first of many.  I also hope you are spared the snow.

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all.  

Thank you to Rich for getting us started this morning and thank you to Vanessa to making sure all our cares and celebrations are attended to.

Thank you to the F&B Department—Ann, Dixie and Debbie for keeping us hydrated and nourished, and to Graham for attending to our spiritual needs.

I hope I covered everyone.

I am so overjoyed that Baby Murphy is doing better.  

While I have not mentioned all of you who need prayers by name in recent posts, you all are in my daily prayers.

This past week has been a roller coaster for us, but life has calmed down quite a bit.

A few good things have happened and I will share them in good time.  

In the meanwhile we are getting ready for Mass.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm happy to rad that life has calmed down quite a bit, and I hope it stays calm.  It's good there were some good things that happened.  It's about time things began to go your way.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

When I got back from Toledo, around 6:00, the water in the hotel had been repaired. Navigating Toledo on foot was difficult, partly because about half population of Spain seemed to have chosen today to visit, apparently just to mill around. Maybe some pix later. They’re on my phone, which needs charging.

The trains between Madrid and Toledo aren’t classed as high-speed, but they reach 250 km/hr over part of the route.

I ought to have have mentioned yesterday that I have two black cats. I didn’t think that they qualified as international cats but National Cat Day will be OK. 

When I get home I’ll be teaching a class on the book of Jeremiah, which overlaps the exile in Babylonia. When they returned, Ezra and Nehemiah assembled everyone and had the entire Torah read aloud.

Paul, I hope you enjoyed Toledo in spite of the crowds.  We were lucky to spend a night there and to have dinner in a cafe on one of the main plazas.  We also took a carriage ride through some of the very narrow streets where the carriage barely fit between the walls.  If you didin't know the history of that area, you could be surprised at seeing the Moorish arches in the Synagogue.  I'm glad the hotel has the water back on.

Lenda

• Like 25

Hi!  I haven't posted in such a long time.  So nice to see familiar faces in here!   We have 3 cats here.  Two are sisters and the youngest has been with us almost a year and she was a rescue.  All 3 of them are amazing hunters, which is good because they have gotten 3 or 4 mice in the house in the past month.  We live near a lot of farms, so lots of small grey critters for them to hunt for.

• Like 23

I never met a cat that I didn't love and I am loving all the cat photos here. I wish I could post photos of my beautiful calico, Silky and my also beautiful tuxedo, Lucky.

I am still suprisingly somewhat symptomatic, hoping all this coughing just means I need to get it all cleared out, not that bronchitis is setting in. My DS called yesterday, He was getting worse, not better so he saw his PC instead of UC and was give 2 steroid shots and an Rx for Paxlovid. His PC was most unhappy with the UC.

I watched the livestream of church this morning but could barely hear the sermon. I probably need s new monitor.

Prayers for all who are suffering and hurrays for all who are not.

Jane 

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  There's not a lot happening here.  Basically, it's been a lazy day.  It's still cloudy, windy and 50F, so we have not ventured outside.  So far, the predicted rain has not materialized.  With rain predicted through tomorrow at least, I imagine that we'll get some rain.

We are having pretty  much the same type of day.  We did venture out and worked on the leaves in the front yard this morning.  It is supposed to rain tonight and I wanted to get to them before they got wet. They are so much easier to move when they are dry.  

To entertain myself I played with Plan A Cruise on the HAL website.  I shouldn't have done that.  I really need to save up to have a new driveway poured, but a cruise for the solar eclipse and on to Hawaii is winning out.  I may be calling my PCC tomorrow and the driveway can wait another year or two.  We shall see.

• Like 18
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

@StLouisCruisers just a correction on my previous post. Those shells contained cold water oysters not lobster!🤔

Sandi our chocolates last night were cherry flavored. Different every day. We are collecting them to take home as we are given confectionary treats every night in the Restaurant ( they put a lot of thought into naming the MDR).

image.thumb.jpeg.e290fb9736102a712203adfea2835dd1.jpeg

Cherry chocolate sounds good to me!  I seem to remember those chocolate treats you get each night in the aptly named "The Restaurant".  😉

53 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

Hi!  I haven't posted in such a long time.  So nice to see familiar faces in here!   We have 3 cats here.  Two are sisters and the youngest has been with us almost a year and she was a rescue.  All 3 of them are amazing hunters, which is good because they have gotten 3 or 4 mice in the house in the past month.  We live near a lot of farms, so lots of small grey critters for them to hunt for.

Welcome back!  It has been a while.  Thank goodness for your hunter cats!

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

We are having pretty  much the same type of day.  We did venture out and worked on the leaves in the front yard this morning.  It is supposed to rain tonight and I wanted to get to them before they got wet. They are so much easier to move when they are dry.  

To entertain myself I played with Plan A Cruise on the HAL website.  I shouldn't have done that.  I really need to save up to have a new driveway poured, but a cruise for the solar eclipse and on to Hawaii is winning out.  I may be calling my PCC tomorrow and the driveway can wait another year or two.  We shall see.

Oh boy!  A new cruise to plan.  Sounds a lot more exciting than the new driveway.🎉

• Like 17

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser What is also surprising is that Moorish style became the preferred architecture for synagogues in the US for a time. Central Synagogue in NYC is a good example, especially the interior tile work.

Paul, that is surprising about the US synagogues using the Moorish arch.  I learn something new almost every day here.

38 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I never met a cat that I didn't love and I am loving all the cat photos here. I wish I could post photos of my beautiful calico, Silky and my also beautiful tuxedo, Lucky.

I am still suprisingly somewhat symptomatic, hoping all this coughing just means I need to get it all cleared out, not that bronchitis is setting in. My DS called yesterday, He was getting worse, not better so he saw his PC instead of UC and was give 2 steroid shots and an Rx for Paxlovid. His PC was most unhappy with the UC.

I watched the livestream of church this morning but could barely hear the sermon. I probably need s new monitor.

Prayers for all who are suffering and hurrays for all who are not.

Jane 

Jane, I'm sorry it took getting worse for your DS to see his PCP and tomget the needed medicine.  I hope he feels better soon, and that you both are well quickly.

32 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie, our leaves are about two to three weeks behind you, so I didn't need to get outside.  I would go for the eclipse cruise and the Hawaii cruise.  We plan to be here for the eclipse since we're in the direct path.

Lenda

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, ATC said:

Richwmn

Speaking of animal names and Athens Ga. I met UGA V through UGA X {not Boom yet}. I hope Georgia stops using Roman Numerals before we get to UGA 51.

And I took Pizza orders for a Dominoes in your fair city for about 2 hours many years ago.

• Like 6

Interesting mix of days 🤔 of course cats will tell you every day is their day.

I like the quote (thank you @0106 for providing clarity).

Yes on the food, pass on the drink (only because I'm not a coconut fan), would try the wine, not been to the port. 

What an important day in history. 

I'll offer a sunset picture  - sail away from Civitavecchia, even though the picture is not as lovely.

Mini Max loves his "sister." He was named after Big Max - our Cog (cat who thought he was a dog = cog). Both love the cog door - best invention ever for those who have cats or dogs (or cogs).

Thank you to all for the Bon Voyages - we are off on a wonderful adventure. 🚢

RIP Matthew Perry.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all including the Rangers 

20231029_171450.jpg

20231029_171658.jpg

20231004_094427.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh boy!  A new cruise to plan.  Sounds a lot more exciting than the new driveway.🎉

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, our leaves are about two to three weeks behind you, so I didn't need to get outside.  I would go for the eclipse cruise and the Hawaii cruise.  We plan to be here for the eclipse since we're in the direct path.

Unfortunately, the dates won't work for the eclipse and Hawaii.  So, we're looking at just Hawaii.  I forgot that I have to go to Columbus, Ohio for a meeting in April and the date is the last day of the eclipse and Hawaii combo cruise.  Sigh.......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Yes, she has an amazing voice! Was her fiance' with her? He joined her in a song or two on our voyage.

Yes and he got up and did a duet with her. She returns tomorrow night. Fantastic performer. Journey Live is her new album.

image.thumb.jpeg.a041d74b04cce8365f5487a35620515f.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 11

41 minutes ago, dfish said:

Unfortunately, the dates won't work for the eclipse and Hawaii.  So, we're looking at just Hawaii.  I forgot that I have to go to Columbus, Ohio for a meeting in April and the date is the last day of the eclipse and Hawaii combo cruise.  Sigh.......

😪☹️

• Like 4