eDocs?

Jose Zalfadilla

What exactly are they and when are they available for download/printing? I've been told, and have read, that they are required upon checking at the terminal -- and -- that they are available on the X website 30 days before sail date. I'm now on day 30 before the cruise and the "Your Documents:" are still greyed out and not yet enabled.  Can I expect them to be available sometime later this week? I mean, I have my passport, plus credit card, emergency contact, and all other required info entered under the app's "Check In" tab. What else do I need that the eDocs are supposed to provide?

Edited by Jose Zalfadilla
Typos

Usually they are available at about day 30 so I would expect them any day.  Usually I get a copy e-mailed in addition to being able to access them from the website.

I usually save an electronic copy of them to my phone or iPad so I have them if I need to and then only print out the luggage tag page (as many times as I need for our luggage).

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

They are available 21 days before you embark.

I'm not sure this is right.  Our 10 day land/cruise tour on the Xpedition starts November 9.  I downloaded cruise docs on October 8.  For our May 9th cruise on the Eclipse this year, I downloaded the cruise docs on April 10.

8 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

21 days? Oops, that's a new one, for even the X 800-number agent told me 30. But, I can believe that as well. Thanks!

Once ours weren’t available until 10 days before our cruise.

I contacted CelebrityCruises Captain’s Club on social media and they were fixed within the hour ( it wasn’t a weekend).

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Usually they are available at about day 30 so I would expect them any day.  Usually I get a copy e-mailed in addition to being able to access them from the website. 

So they mail them to you as well, or does one have to request the email?

42 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

So they mail them to you as well, or does one have to request the email?

I have always automatically received the e-mail with no need or way to request it.  

• Thanks 1

Mine became available at 30 days prior to the cruise for our 11/25 Cruise.    I received a copy by e-mail and the link came live on my Cruise Page.

There is also a link where you can open up a single page of you Luggage Tag only and print as many copies as you choose.

image.thumb.png.2dab17b456c1e390d143c501d1f597e6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:33 PM, Jose Zalfadilla said:

I've been told, and have read, that they are required upon checking at the terminal 

Told by who (whom?), and read where?  Both are wrong.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Told by who (whom?), and read where?  Both are wrong.

So, *you* don't need them in order to check in at the terminal. *You* can check in without them. Great! So, I guess you needn't worry whether they are available to you via website, email, digital copy i your phone, or even in the app. Everything I've seen and read tells me different. What a dilemma!

8 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

So, *you* don't need them in order to check in at the terminal. *You* can check in without them. Great! So, I guess you needn't worry whether they are available to you via website, email, digital copy i your phone, or even in the app. Everything I've seen and read tells me different. What a dilemma!

The multi page edocs are not required for check in online or check in at the terminal.

they do contain your luggage tags. You can print them out or you can have luggage tags created for you at the terminal.

if you think about it, there are still many people who do not have smart phones and laptops and tablets and printers, and they all get on the ship without edocs, although it does take a little bit more time at the Carolyn