Dining Package Reservations Will Now Be Available Pre-Cruise

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Pay the “per meal” price and secure your times now. Why are you complaining about a process that has been in place forever? This is nothing new. 

I think that's already been said by several other posters to include Starry Eyes, but I'm glad you felt you needed to repeat it.  I'm satisfied with my UDP purchase and we'll enjoy dining in the specialty restaurants every night.  

Edited by shirazcruiser

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've never had trouble getting the times I want with the UDP.  I always board early and make it my first stop once onboard.  Sometimes, I have to be flexible about exact times but I've never not gotten what I wanted.

We never had problems booking 5 or 7 night before either, being flexible on times. But on a recent Symphony 14 night TA it was crazy. There were days that no specialty restaurant had lunch or dinner openings. We only lost out on 1 specialty meal, but it took working on bookings every day. 

8 hours ago, Morecruisesplz said:

We never had problems booking 5 or 7 night before either, being flexible on times. But on a recent Symphony 14 night TA it was crazy. There were days that no specialty restaurant had lunch or dinner openings. We only lost out on 1 specialty meal, but it took working on bookings every day. 

Was that the Symphony TA in April that had like 500 kids on the cruise?   

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Anyone hear any updates on providing the ability to make specialty dining reservations with the packages prior to the cruise?

I missed the part about it starting in 2024. For a Christmas cruise I booked 2 specialty to use our D+ bogos. I signed the zero receipt and tipped on night one then took it to the check in desk and asked why the check wasn't for one person. She explained the difference and seemingly easily and happily refund the charges and used our bogo.

46 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

I missed the part about it starting in 2024. For a Christmas cruise I booked 2 specialty to use our D+ bogos. I signed the zero receipt and tipped on night one then took it to the check in desk and asked why the check wasn't for one person. She explained the difference and seemingly easily and happily refund the charges and used our bogo.

Also D+, but between the BOGO and the 3 night dining pkg we will try to avoid the chaos the MDR often is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 3:29 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I thought I read that Wonder was already a test ship. We have a dining package for a January cruise  but can’t figure out how to pre book times. Anyone know? 
m

I'd love to know as well...we sail end of January on Wonder.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 9:11 AM, Happytime22 said:

They said in Jan 24 so I will be watching as well!!!!

Well, it's January 24th.  Anyone surprised this isn't available yet?

RC is beginning to remind me of a poor employee I had many years ago.  Wrote in his last appraisal "sets goals too low and fails to achieve them".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Also just checked on our UDP for April - cant see any way to make early dining reservations either .

Any idea on how we will be able to do this , we have 10 nights with 5 sea days so expect a race to the lengthy reservation process onboard if we cant pre book times and choices . 

I thought there was no definitive date when the new reservation system goes live, I heard it was some time after the inaugural Icon sailing likely in the first half of 2024. Has a definitive date been released? Also does anyone know if this is only for the UDP or does it include the 3 night dining package? We sail on the Harmony in March, hoping this is available for our sailing!

20 minutes ago, FrankieisaBean said:

In my cruise planner this morning:

image.thumb.png.40079ae912d1d3bb86c916597bf27cb1.png

Looks like they won't even be making courtesy reservations for night 1 or 2 for you on Icon any more.

Bean counters have not decided what to charge for the ability of pre reserving times and days. Kind of like the airlines charging $25 to pick your seat early .  Have had a package on every cruise over the last 10 years, there has never been a courtesy reservation made for us on any ship.  Some people would gladly pay a up charge to pre reserve.  Can also see a added 18% on the up charge

Edited by taglovestocruise

Well this is all very disappointing - guess it will be the charge to the reservations desk and some happy diners and some not so happy diners first impressions of the UDP , expecting it will take the staff a long time to arrange the 10 dinners and 5 lunches we have purchased along with many others I assume .

Ill keep watching here in case a miracle does occur and RCCL does deliver on a "promise " ( assuming they did such a thing ) 

Minor update: While sitting in the Suite Lounge on Wonder yesterday I heard bits and pieces of a discussion between the suite concierge and a tech support person discussing a software update. Most of what I heard was was training for tracking issues with staterooms but I thought just maybe this update might contain what we’ve been waiting for. 

Later I asked the concierge if the ability to book your own restaurant reservations with the dining package was coming soon. He said they still didn’t have a rollout date for that yet but it is coming. So for now, keep waiting. 

• Thanks 1