Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Let’s look at a couple reasons I wanted to book Royal Princess in Alaska. I think it worked out better because this probably wouldn’t have been a huge factor with the poor weather we had.

Sea Walk takes you 28 feet away from the ship.

IMG_6248.thumb.jpeg.8c96c8fc708e898cdd2b686f576540bc.jpeg

IMG_6249.thumb.jpeg.b40bd0ca3bf10280ebef5827888bf1b1.jpeg

IMG_6250.thumb.jpeg.7ddc39957e45ae778b9d1012a858b123.jpeg

IMG_6251.thumb.jpeg.b10ec620bd2af60d1c91283df5c13a43.jpeg

That means be careful on your balcony selection 

IMG_6253.thumb.jpeg.e16277c2b5e7215642529f02de939546.jpeg

The sea walk can make a fun video. For people who are afraid of heights, concentrating on the phone while taking the video is distracting enough to make it possible. 

I think it would be very nice for you to show us your feet on the sea walk 😂

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, JGmf said:

You can indeed order 2 at a time.  Just look at Greg's photos.

As for the high horse, if someone wants more than 15 per day, then, yes, technically they can pay for 16+ out of pocket per Princess' own rules:

"Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices."

I'm not advocating for drunken idiots, but I can reasonably see where someone may get close to 15 or exceed it if they, say, only drink a portion of it and/or spread it over a long day.  Not every day on a cruise, but for maybe one day, who knows?  Yeah, people can do it...more than you think...and they can hold their alcohol.

Two at a time is definitely cool here but not cool on carnival. You have to wait 5 minutes. 

It’s real easy to drink 15 on a sea day when you start with say screwdrivers in the morning. There is a special circumstance where I went over 15 in a day on Carnival. That was on my transatlantic. They kept the pos terminals on Miami time. So there were times when it said I was maxed out in the morning before I had any. They did paper receipts and I’m not sure they alway inputted them. But when the planets all aligned…I had my two screwdrivers and two bloody Mary’s before the package reset for the day..and maxed out on the package after it took effect. So 19 that day but technically 4 were on the day prior.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

Big tip for those who do tend to approach (or exceed) your drink limit - keep an eye on your drink count on the app (somewhere there's a spot that says "packages" and you'll find the counter on there).  Hubby and I would find that sometimes both our drinks would get credited to one of our accounts, sometimes they wouldn't show up at all.  We only had a couple of days where we approached our limits, but I could see (for example) a couple ending up with 18 drinks counted against her package and only 10 counted against hers, with her incurring additional charges for "exceeding" her limit.

Same goes for your casual dining credits.  We ate at Ocean Terrace on our last day before disembarking, forgot to check our counter, and they ended up charging me an extra $14.99 because they counted me as having ate there twice (and him not at all I guess). I had to call into Princess once we got home and now am waiting four weeks for a refund cheque.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dreamscaper said:

Big tip for those who do tend to approach (or exceed) your drink limit - keep an eye on your drink count on the app (somewhere there's a spot that says "packages" and you'll find the counter on there).  Hubby and I would find that sometimes both our drinks would get credited to one of our accounts, sometimes they wouldn't show up at all.  We only had a couple of days where we approached our limits, but I could see (for example) a couple ending up with 18 drinks counted against her package and only 10 counted against hers, with her incurring additional charges for "exceeding" her limit.

Same goes for your casual dining credits.  We ate at Ocean Terrace on our last day before disembarking, forgot to check our counter, and they ended up charging me an extra $14.99 because they counted me as having ate there twice (and him not at all I guess). I had to call into Princess once we got home and now am waiting four weeks for a refund cheque.

Good call.

IMG_6280.jpeg

• Like 9

What I wanted to do yesterday since I knew I wasn’t going to hit 15 was stash some beers in the fridge. I didn’t yet know what beers they open and which ones they don’t. I do now so if I hit a port day where I am not going to hit 15, I’ll stash some for those last two sea days.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

What I wanted to do yesterday since I knew I wasn’t going to hit 15 was stash some beers in the fridge. I didn’t yet know what beers they open and which ones they don’t. I do now so if I hit a port day where I am not going to hit 15, I’ll stash some for those last two sea days.

I've heard of people doing that with spirits too - just order a double or triple scotch, rum, tequila, baileys, what have you.. keep them in your fridge for the next day (glass or empty water bottle).

• Like 2

They have kronenbourg 1664 here which is a French beer I like. They have it at world market but it doesn’t taste the same as from the tap. It’s in cans here but I’d like to give

it a try. Not today with only three drinks left but I may stash some this week.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8