Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

It’s a lot better at the dining room and coffee shop because you just put your medallion up to a plate and you’re good. At the bars it’s a mess until they know you. They know me on lido and at crooners but not here yet. Probably will tomorrow or the next day. We just haven’t had many sea days.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

A little annoyance with the medallion is if you have a bartender that doesn’t know you, they ask your room number.

Yes, your picture and cabin number are displayed to the bartender.

But so are the pictures and cabin numbers of other people near the bartender.

So he/she asks for your room number to be sure that the drink is placed on the correct person's account.

There have been many posts on Cruise Critic about charges that should not have been placed on their accounts. I suspect most of those wrong charges came from staff not correctly recognizing which picture belongs to the customer, thus the question about cabin number.

It is not just bartenders, also happens everywhere you make a purchase as well as at the Customer Service counter.

They are trained to ask even if you are the only person there. This is so they do not forget to ask when they really need to.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Ok, my theory is out. Maybe a problem with the tablet but it’s very annoying. 

It is. It’s annoying just sitting here listening to it. Non-stop people coming up for water to take ashore. I would really hate being a bartender having to operate that way.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, caribill said:

Yes, your picture and cabin number are displayed to the bartender.

But so are the pictures and cabin numbers of other people near the bartender.

So he/she asks for your room number to be sure that the drink is placed on the correct person's account.

There have been many posts on Cruise Critic about charges that should not have been placed on their accounts. I suspect most of those wrong charges came from staff not correctly recognizing which picture belongs to the customer, thus the question about cabin number.

It is not just bartenders, also happens everywhere you make a purchase as well as at the Customer Service counter.

They are trained to ask even if you are the only person there. This is so they do not forget to ask when they really need to.

Seems like every other place you touch your medallion to a plate so there is no doubt. Coffee shop, gift shop, MDR entrance. Somehow I have to tell them when I order a beer in the MDR even though I touched my medallion to the plate before they seated me. It really only seems to be the bars and restaurants 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Someone asked about water shuttle times yesterday. I can’t find it. But what happened there was all of the Princess excursions where being loaded 7:35 when I came down.

I asked about getting a number for a public shuttle and was told to the photo place. Whatever they call pixels here. At the photo place they told me demand wasn’t high enough. Just wait in the piazza (atrium) for an announcement.

When I got down there I saw a water shuttle sign and people lined up. I asked if it was the water shuttle line. They said yes. I got in line 8:03. After breakfast. With coffee.

we started boarding at 8:10

Our shuttle left at 8:26.

I was off the shuttle at 8:50.

On the way back I got in line at 3:16.

got on the boat at 3:40

Got off the boat at 4:40

I am the one who asked.  Thank you very much.  One hour boat ride back to the ship?  Wow!  They took the scenic route.  LOL.  So, it doesn't seem like the wait was that long. Thank you again.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

One hour boat ride back to the ship?  Wow!  They took the scenic route. 

That probably includes loading and unloading time.

With the use of local boats that can hold hundreds of people, it takes longer to fill up before starting the journey back to the ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caribill said:

That probably includes loading and unloading time.

With the use of local boats that can hold hundreds of people, it takes longer to fill up before starting the journey back to the ship.

Okay.  That makes sense!  The whole process takes so long. Thanks for responding.