JetBlue Flights to Amsterdam

LJJQ

9 minutes ago, LJJQ said:

I was surprised that JetBlue may loose their landing rights at Amsterdam for next summer!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-amsterdam-flights-cuts/

It's a very conversational policy by the Dutch Government.  All the buzz right now is will the US Govt take any retaliatory action and would that action be enough to make the Dutch change their mind

Yes, the retaliation we are talking about would cause a domino affect! KLM possibly could be denied access to U.S. airports! Wonder what would happen to KLM & Delta’s sharing then?

Hopefully Netherlands and U.S. can come to a compromise!

35 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's a very conversational policy by the Dutch Government.  All the buzz right now is will the US Govt take any retaliatory action and would that action be enough to make the Dutch change their mind

Thanks for posting that link!

We aren't heading to Amsterdam, but a JetBlue flight we are booked on next spring appears to have been cut!

Ooops.

I wonder when JetBlue was going to mention it....

😞

RGC

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Thanks for posting that link!

We aren't heading to Amsterdam, but a JetBlue flight we are booked on next spring appears to have been cut!

Ooops.

I wonder when JetBlue was going to mention it....

😞

RGC

Standard practice is to keep selling tickets until some Gov't tells you to stop...lol

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Standard practice is to keep selling tickets until some Gov't tells you to stop...lol

It's a real shame, too.

It was the only non-stop where we want to go, for just a single event (the eclipse!!).

Getting a refund is no big deal.  We got the no-fee change tickets in case there is known bad weather heading toward that area then.  But there could still be clouds...

DRAT - we were in Nashville last time, among the small crowd that watched near the state house lawn area as the eclipse *started*, and then "that cloud over there" drifted into the wrong spot at the very worst time. 😡

We've never been there before, so we had a fun trip anyway, but.....!

Do you know if they've published an actual schedule for each of the flights ending?

GC

45 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I'm not seeing any specific domestic flight change timing.  If I'm overlooking it, could you post a more precise link (and many thanks!).

As I mentioned, we are NOT headed to Amsterdam.

We now know our flight is being cut (thanks again!), but the exact date the flight stops flying could make a huge difference to us.

(Er, not that we'd necessarily trust any time table announced now, but it could help us figure "higher risk or lower risk", etc., as we consider alternate plans.)

And thanks yet again! 😉 

GC

11 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I'm not seeing any specific domestic flight change timing.  If I'm overlooking it, could you post a more precise link (and many thanks!).

Because there is NOTHING more than a proposed cut.  No specifics out of the Dutch government.

14 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

We now know our flight is being cut (thanks again!), but the exact date the flight stops flying could make a huge difference to us.

(Er, not that we'd necessarily trust any time table announced now, but it could help us figure "higher risk or lower risk", etc., as we consider alternate plans.)

Until the intergovernmental wrangling is done, nothing is for certain.  So just sit back and wait.

Always good for folks to keep this post in mind, and to watch the video link within.  Those schedules you hope are carved in stone, really aren't .  And here's an insider telling you why.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

As I mentioned, we are NOT headed to Amsterdam.

And thanks yet again! 😉 

GC

DOT requested a schedule of all KLM flights, that's it so far

• 1 month later...

We are following the Jet Blue Schiphol story as we are really hoping to be able to book flights roundtrip Amsterdam Boston October/November 2024. They fly direct and are a lot cheaper than KLM/Delta/Air France who have had the monopoly until now.

I thought it had been settled when J B threatened legal action in US but it looks as though it might still be difficult. 
https://nltimes.nl/2023/11/15/jetblue-may-still-lose-schiphol-airport-slots-despite-halt-downsizing-plans

Still hoping it will be possible but return flights are (still) only bookable until 30th October!

On 11/4/2023 at 12:41 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's a very conversational policy by the Dutch Government.

So this policy was started in the name of "environmental protection"  with the consequence of new airlines serving the country taking the hit in term of reduced slots which takes on an anti-competitive dimension as well.

It could be that the new Dutch government, which is trying to be formed now, will push back on this and other similar policies like farming restrictions which contributed to the loss of the elections by the existing government.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to book my flights today Amsterdam JFK and Boston to Amsterdam Mint seats direct flights at about half the price of KLM.

This is for travel October November 2024.

I am pleased with this result, so no problems taking off/landing at Schiphol next year.