Jewel transatlantic from Spain cancelled. Anyone else affected?

txjim09

We booked the Jewel Oct '24 transatlantic recently and sw this today:

image.thumb.png.fa368f183318811272ba5d1cfbe0a271.png

Also see that only the Oasis crossing is showing up today.  Anyone else notice anything? 

I now see that it's departing from Amsterdam in August to Boston.  Great looking itinerary....

Edited by txjim09

• txjim09 changed the title to Jewel transatlantic from Spain cancelled. Anyone else affected?

Something interesting is certainly happening. We were supposed to get Grandeur here in Boston, but noticed last night that it was suddenly changed to Jewel. The Grandeur sailings were still listed on either Tuesday or Wednesday when I last checked. Really wondering what is happening here. In the deployment thread, it was believed that Grandeur would be going to Alaska in 2025. Looks like that was changed to Serenade. Makes me wonder if something is happening to Grandeur. So sorry this is happening to you. This really seems odd.

14 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We lost the 13-night Grandeur in late August 2024 due to the changes. It was the repositioning from Tampa (one hour from our home) to Boston.  Labadee, Grand Cayman, the ABCs, and Bermuda 😢

We did too.  It was supposed to be a B2B with Greenland out of Boston.

14 hours ago, alfaeric said:

We moved our Greenland cruise from Grandeur to the TA on Jewel to get both Iceland and Greenland.  Looking forward to it.

The original bookings would have been less expensive but doing the TA on Jewel and the one to Norway ticks off some bucket list places so we are satisfied with the change. 

7 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We did too.  It was supposed to be a B2B with Greenland out of Boston.

The original bookings would have been less expensive but doing the TA on Jewel and the one to Norway ticks off some bucket list places so we are satisfied with the change. 

It's to bad Geiranger is not one of the port stops on your Norway cruise. Heard that port is really the highlight    Fjord of the Norway cruises.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's to bad Geiranger is not one of the port stops on your Norway cruise. Heard that port is really the highlight    Fjord of the Norway cruises.

Yep, cancelled my Norway cruise on the Serenade.  Really surprised that on the World cruise they did not stop at either Flam or Gerainger.  Booked the Apex instead that hits both those ports

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, cancelled my Norway cruise on the Serenade.  Really surprised that on the World cruise they did not stop at either Flam or Gerainger.  Booked the Apex instead that hits both those ports

Guess May doesn't work for you huh(teacher)? Jewel(12 nights)...........So are you doing Apex in July or August(only 7 nights though) are you doing a B2B with Apex or another ship while you are that far away?

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Not by much.  It was less than $1k addition to move from the 15 day Greenland to the 16 day TA.  Very much worth it.  

And that was comparing our original fare from Feb to the current Jewel fare.

I just got online for the first time in a week, been in rural Philippines.  Got an email dated 10/31/23 saying my 8/25/24 cruise on Grandeur I had not named the second person on the cruise, I had 24 hours to provide the info for the second passenger or I would be penalized accordingly.  Then got an email dated 11/2/23 telling me the cruise is cancelled and saying if I do not reply by 11/23/23 then my deposit will be refunded.  I had another short cruise scheduled before the 13 days to Boston, so I feel short changed.  Did not yet buy airline tickets, will be in Bethlehem, PA next August, not wanting to fly to Tampa for a 7 day cruise on an old tired ship and fly back home. Losing 20 days of cruising.  At least I won't have to pay $18/day service charges.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mugtech said:

I just got online for the first time in a week, been in rural Philippines.  Got an email dated 10/31/23 saying my 8/25/24 cruise on Grandeur I had not named the second person on the cruise, I had 24 hours to provide the info for the second passenger or I would be penalized accordingly.  Then got an email dated 11/2/23 telling me the cruise is cancelled and saying if I do not reply by 11/23/23 then my deposit will be refunded.  I had another short cruise scheduled before the 13 days to Boston, so I feel short changed.  Did not yet buy airline tickets, will be in Bethlehem, PA next August, not wanting to fly to Tampa for a 7 day cruise on an old tired ship and fly back home. Losing 20 days of cruising.  At least I won't have to pay $18/day service charges.

I did not get an e-mail for the Jewel cancellation yet but did get a response from customer support stating pretty much the same thing.  I contacted them because it seemed unethical that a cruise I booked on Oct 31 was cancelled 4 days later.  They had to know about the change and took my money regardless.

Worse still, I cancelled a GS on the Harmony (at a great price) for this cruise.  Prices now have pretty much doubled.  Had to pay additional $200 to transfer the booking to the Jewel.

Even though I did not ask for and did not expect additional comp beyond refund, the response from Royal strongly implied that they saw my statement as a request for additional credit or perks.  I was hoping to get something addressing the fact that they sold a cruise they knew would not sail.