Across the board NCL price drop

ChiefMateJRK

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Looks like the lowest fares on my Prima 2/2/24 sailing were last month (when I booked).  Of course, we're a little less than 3 months from sailing, so anything can happen.

Worth keeping an eyeball on, though.

The Haven is sold our on our sailing.  No need to check for price drops.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Looks like the lowest fares on my Prima 2/2/24 sailing were last month (when I booked).  Of course, we're a little less than 3 months from sailing, so anything can happen.

I was talking to my PCC today and checking prices, of course, it didn’t matter cause we were inside penalty, but I’m looking forward to meeting you and several others onboard!

6 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We have theee booked.  One went down a bit over $500, one is the same and the other is $1000 more than when we booked.

FWIW, tomorrow starts the triple up promotion.  

Triple up as in being able to apply three Certificates, correct?    This will save me $500 (net) for our June Bermuda cruise as I am paying for four cabins.  

And thank you for posting it!

Edited by vacation44

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Cruise Plum is a great thing, but largely ignored by the masses.  Upon checking the plum today, I observed an across the board REAL NCL price drop.  No, this isn't the latest promo thing that fools many fine cruisers.  I eventually called NCL and repriced ten cruises and my total costs went down $523.30.  The reductions ranged from $38.40 to $100.42.  I'll leave it to the smart kids to figure out what that meant for my average future NCL booking.  🤣

Huge?  No.  Worth the hour or so I spent on it?  Absolutely.  It really only would have taken about twenty minutes if I didn't mock book every cruise to confirm a price reduction.  That would be like making $1569.90 an hour.  Not bad for a lazy afternoon of dreaming about future NCL cruises. 😎

Now I need to work on DD's future cruises with us.  Yes, at times, @ChiefMateJRKis a good father.😏

Like it or not, I know of at least one lucky cruiser who is about to meet the whole @ChiefMateJRK"crew."  Yes, you know who you are.👩‍🎓

What a terrific site, had not heard of it prior to your post. Thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

Always nice to save a few bucks.

Yep.  This was mostly intended as an educational thread (🤣?).  It is good to hear that some are taking advantage of Cruise Plumb instead of just posting ad nauseum about how awful NCL is for raising prices all of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

There may have been a price drop but the current price is still over a thousand more than when I booked.

This is basically my situation as well. My Viva sailing is pricing over $900 more; I've never seen it less than when I first booked it and actually doubt I will see it drop lower at all.

Only our second time sailing on NCL. Not a lot of cruises on any lines. I did notice the drop in NCL prices. How can I request the lower fare? Is there a limit to how many times you are allowed to request a lower fare? Thanks 

22 minutes ago, Drebbie said:

How can I request the lower fare?

Just call NCL reservations and ask them to check for savings on a reprice.

23 minutes ago, Drebbie said:

Is there a limit to how many times you are allowed to request a lower fare?

Occasionally an agent will tell you that it is a one time thing.  They are confusing it with FCC requests after final payment date.  I just repriced several cruises yesterday, for the second time, that the agent told me would be a one time thing.🤣   That's NCL for yah!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Drebbie said:

Only our second time sailing on NCL. Not a lot of cruises on any lines. I did notice the drop in NCL prices. How can I request the lower fare? Is there a limit to how many times you are allowed to request a lower fare? Thanks 

If memory serves me correct,  I re-priced seven times for a total of over $3500 for the cruise we took this past March.  And the cruise was only booked 11 months in advance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drebbie said:

You have to call in to the phone number. The chat people can't do it. If you are before final payment and the phone agent says it can't be done, thank them and keep calling back until you get an agent that will do the price change. The first one I called said no, but the second one said "That's easy, sure."

Now, if you are after final payment, that's where it's the one time limit of getting the price reduction in future cruise credits or some such.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

16 hours ago, vacation44 said:

This will save me $500 (net) for our June Bermuda cruise as I am paying for four cabins.  

And thank you for posting it!

Good morning.   

Just applied a third certificate to our four cabins!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Drebbie said:

12 hours ago, vacation44 said:

If memory serves me correct,  I re-priced seven times for a total of over $3500 for the cruise we took this past March.  And the cruise was only booked 11 months in advance. 

Just checked my excel spreadsheet for that cruise and we saved $3,416.29 with eight price drops before final payment and then received a FCC for $640 after final payment which we applied to our cruise this past August.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Drebbie said:

If you used a Travel Agent, you have to call him or her to get the price reduction. Otherwise as others have said, just call NCL.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:04 AM, graphicguy said:

Off topic, but our roll call for that cruise has disappeared this morning.  Hmmmm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Just checked my excel spreadsheet for that cruise and we saved $3,416.29 with eight price drops before final payment and then received a FCC for $640 after final payment which we applied to our cruise this past August.   

Amazing!

You sure that NCL isn't paying you to come aboard?

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Man!  Any idea how long this goes on?  I’m clean out of CNs.  Bought four on my October cruise but already applied them to two new bookings in May.  Kicking myself for only buying four!  But I’m back onboard on December 1 and will refill the bank.  😂