Across the board NCL price drop

ChiefMateJRK

Cruise Plum is a great thing, but largely ignored by the masses.  Upon checking the plum today, I observed an across the board REAL NCL price drop.  No, this isn't the latest promo thing that fools many fine cruisers.  I eventually called NCL and repriced ten cruises and my total costs went down $523.30.  The reductions ranged from $38.40 to $100.42.  I'll leave it to the smart kids to figure out what that meant for my average future NCL booking.  🤣

Huge?  No.  Worth the hour or so I spent on it?  Absolutely.  It really only would have taken about twenty minutes if I didn't mock book every cruise to confirm a price reduction.  That would be like making $1569.90 an hour.  Not bad for a lazy afternoon of dreaming about future NCL cruises. 😎

Now I need to work on DD's future cruises with us.  Yes, at times, @ChiefMateJRKis a good father.😏

Like it or not, I know of at least one lucky cruiser who is about to meet the whole @ChiefMateJRK"crew."  Yes, you know who you are.👩‍🎓

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm so glad I discovered cruiseplum. Their Hot Deals section got me an Azamara 7-night to Spain for $100/nt for a solo inside, and the same for a 9-nt Virgin Med cruise next October, which I never would have even thought of looking for on my own, since they've usually been out of my price range. I usually find the NCL site easiest to find good deals, though, because I can search for 1 and they include the military discount now (all the pop-ups and chats are sure annoying, though). Their price drops actually deter me from booking, since the drops right before sailing give me buyer's remorse and I can't do anything about it, other than cancel and get the FCC from the protection program, and gamble next time that I can prepay airfare and catch the lowest price before sailing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why don't you tell us the date and cabin so we can check the plumb tracking for ourselves?

I have same experience as hallux.  She is boarding the day I disembark in January (exact same Panama cruise in reverse direction). Not sure about her cabin class.

According to Cruise Plum's tracking, my cabin pricing has not changed since 9/6. Balcony has dropped a bit a couple of times recently; insides have gone up several time since mid October up until 11/3.

I have no doubt that you found a large scale price reduction via this Cruise Plum site. But how would you know that every single cruise was reduced? Or in every class?

"Widespread" and "across the board" do not have the same meaning. 

• Like 2

I also went to check the cruise plum site. I'm from Europe, the option for search is only for USA and Canada.

Did someone use it also outside USA and Canada and did it work for repricing.

One more question here: I am about to book my first NCL cruise, because we are from Slovenia, I will do it directly throuh NCL (we don't have good TA, we are a small market and when I checked with them, they give me a higher price than NCL).

When booking directly, can you give a deposit, and then reprice before the final payment?

Read a lot of posts on CC but it's a little bit confusing for me... Does the repricing only work in US?

Thanks 🙂

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Cruise Plum is a great thing, but largely ignored by the masses.  Upon checking the plum today, I observed an across the board REAL NCL price drop.  No, this isn't the latest promo thing that fools many fine cruisers.  I eventually called NCL and repriced ten cruises and my total costs went down $523.30.  The reductions ranged from $38.40 to $100.42.  I'll leave it to the smart kids to figure out what that meant for my average future NCL booking.  🤣

Huge?  No.  Worth the hour or so I spent on it?  Absolutely.  It really only would have taken about twenty minutes if I didn't mock book every cruise to confirm a price reduction.  That would be like making $1569.90 an hour.  Not bad for a lazy afternoon of dreaming about future NCL cruises. 😎

Now I need to work on DD's future cruises with us.  Yes, at times, @ChiefMateJRKis a good father.😏

Like it or not, I know of at least one lucky cruiser who is about to meet the whole @ChiefMateJRK"crew."  Yes, you know who you are.👩‍🎓

Nice!!  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tashaaa said:

I also went to check the cruise plum site. I'm from Europe, the option for search is only for USA and Canada.

Did someone use it also outside USA and Canada and did it work for repricing.

One more question here: I am about to book my first NCL cruise, because we are from Slovenia, I will do it directly throuh NCL (we don't have good TA, we are a small market and when I checked with them, they give me a higher price than NCL).

When booking directly, can you give a deposit, and then reprice before the final payment?

Read a lot of posts on CC but it's a little bit confusing for me... Does the repricing only work in US?

Thanks 🙂

I don't have first hand experience, but I believe I've seen posts that it actually costs money to reprice in Europe.  Hopefully others chime in, but I don't think you can do the same repricing as in the US 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I second cruise plum. I was able to reprice to save $600 just in time before final payment.

Interesting, I was using cruise plum a few weeks ago. Its still $800 more than a current cruise we have booked on the Gem June 2024

1 hour ago, tashaaa said:

It's not as easy as in USA. There is a cancellation fee from day one. If you work with a NCL PCC (Personal Cruise Consultant) you can have conversations about doing cabin upgrade cheaply if price drops and you don't want to cancel/rebook. The PCC can tell you your options.

11 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Interesting, I was using cruise plum a few weeks ago. Its still $800 more than a current cruise we have booked on the Gem June 2024

Yah, unlike Chief, I didn't say I saw across the board stuff. Just that Cruise Plum is a good thing to use to check on your stuff or alert you. I'm sure some sailings didn't go down, since it probably depends on how full the ship is, how in demand, etc. I'm also not going to ask for peoples' sailing dates to check, since that's not my job. 

It just always seems to be a good idea to set alerts and then do a weekly dummy booking to see. It only costs me maybe ten minutes of my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tashaaa said:

I'm in the US, so can't tell you what happens for anywhere else, but that's how I do my cruises. I do the deposit, usually $250, and then I wait and wait and watch and about 2 days before it's due, I initiate the final payment. I repriced a few times before the final payment for my Pride of America cruise and am watching to see how much lower it goes, so I can call the NCL phone number and ask for an FCC. I usually don't bother until the price drops $500USD or more.

I also direct book. No PCC, no travel agent, and definitely no third party like Expedia.

Our 2025 Alaska cruise on the Encore went down $143.   Since we are paying for three cabins, I was very happy.   But honestly, I am happy with any price reduction.

I do price check every morning with my first cup of coffee.   It takes about 10 minutes to check everything we have booked (hotels, flights) and everything we are interested in.   

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

There may have been a price drop but the current price is still over a thousand more than when I booked.

Yes, while I was able to benefit for our 2025 Alaska cruise, the three others we have booked are still up in price from our original booking.