Across the board NCL price drop

ChiefMateJRK

5 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Man!  Any idea how long this goes on?  I’m clean out of CNs.  Bought four on my October cruise but already applied them to two new bookings in May.  Kicking myself for only buying four!  But I’m back onboard on December 1 and will refill the bank.  😂

Current promo is only for a week (ends November 15).  But they also ran it at the end of the year last year so there's probably a good chance it will repeat.

11 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Current promo is only for a week (ends November 15).  But they also ran it at the end of the year last year so there's probably a good chance it will repeat.

Thanks!  Will definitely keep an eye out for our May trips.  We were able to take advantage of a triple up promo last summer before final payment for our December 1 TA.  Also got two price reductions before final payment.  It really pays to track these promos and price reductions.  We saved over $1000 on our 2BR Haven before final payment, used the triple up and then got a small FCC for a price drop after final payment!

49 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Man!  Any idea how long this goes on?  I’m clean out of CNs.  Bought four on my October cruise but already applied them to two new bookings in May.  Kicking myself for only buying four!  But I’m back onboard on December 1 and will refill the bank.  😂

The last time they ran this promotion, I was out also.  So I had one taken off a cruise that was almost a year out (June 2024) that I had two applied to and had it applied to the closer cruise (February 2024) that had two on it making it three .   Then I bought more on our August 2023 cruise to cover all of the cabins for June 2024 cruise just in case they ran the promotion again.   

1 minute ago, vacation44 said:

The last time they ran this promotion, I was out also.  So I had one taken off a cruise that was almost a year out (June 2024) that I had two applied to and had it applied to the closer cruise (February 2024) that had two on it making it three .   Then I bought more on our August 2023 cruise to cover all of the cabins for June 2024 cruise just in case they ran the promotion again.   

I’ll keep that in mind.  Unfortunately in my case, it will not work.  The only two I have booked is the B2B in May that I already applied two each to.  Hopefully they’ll run it again before our final payment on our May trips.

34 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

It really pays to track these promos and price reductions.  We saved over $1000 on our 2BR Haven before final payment, used the triple up and then got a small FCC for a price drop after final payment!

I know!  My brother in law thinks I am crazy for checking everyday, but I check his also and he benefits too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I know!  My brother in law thinks I am crazy for checking everyday, but I check his also and he benefits too.

LOL.  My family and friends think I’m nuts, but they’ve benefited from my penny-pinching over the years!  I’m an accountant and the daughter of a woman that could squeeze a dime until it screamed.  She taught me well!  😂

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

LOL.  My family and friends think I’m nuts, but they’ve benefited from my penny-pinching over the years!  I’m an accountant and the daughter of a woman that could squeeze a dime until it screamed.  She taught me well!  😂

Funny, I am an accountant too!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

😂. Great idea!  The Penny-Pinching Sailing Accountants!

I thought PSA was public service announcement. But now I see it is Pennypinching Sailing Accountants. 😊

Not an accountant, but back in the day that tax returns were not done by computer, I worked for a firm that prepared tax returns. I was the checker and the emergency everything. Can I be an associate member of the club? 😉

19 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I thought PSA was public service announcement. But now I see it is Pennypinching Sailing Accountants. 😊

Not an accountant, but back in the day that tax returns were not done by computer, I worked for a firm that prepared tax returns. I was the checker and the emergency everything. Can I be an associate member of the club? 😉

Absolutely!  I started my career in tax.  Ended it in banking!

53 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I agree - welcome aboard.

Credits ahoy!

Newbie here with trying to see if my price dropped.  I see the chatter about NCL price drops so I am logged in on CruisePlum.  The terminology is a little different between my NCL invoice and CP.  Should I be comparing the "NCL Guest Fare" (which doesn't include port fees, discounts, cruise next certs) to the CruisePlum "Base Fare"? In my newbie brain, it seems like there is a price drop of nearly $500!

What should I do next?

13 hours ago, Russiamomm said:
13 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I agree - welcome aboard.

Credits ahoy!

Absolutely!  I started my career in tax.  Ended it in banking!

Thanks for the invite. I graciously accept.

Her's a story from my days as a checker. A client came in and I overheard him say that he had to come in offseason because the IRS had shredded his schedule B. Then my boss gave me his last years' return because the IRS had said the return we had prepared was in error. I went over and over it, and could not find an error we had made. I finally decided to work it backwards from the tax that the IRS said he owed. And the difference was they had given him a standard deduction instead of the itemized deduction we had prepared on Schedule A. I realized then that they had shredded that also, but instead of asking for a new one had defaulted it to the standard deduction.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Thanks for the invite. I graciously accept.

Her's a story from my days as a checker. A client came in and I overheard him say that he had to come in offseason because the IRS had shredded his schedule B. Then my boss gave me his last years' return because the IRS had said the return we had prepared was in error. I went over and over it, and could not find an error we had made. I finally decided to work it backwards from the tax that the IRS said he owed. And the difference was they had given him a standard deduction instead of the itemized deduction we had prepared on Schedule A. I realized then that they had shredded that also, but instead of asking for a new one had defaulted it to the standard deduction.

The IRS has a habit of being, well, wrong.

Was this damaged return filed on paper? A & B were on opposite side of the same page.

Great job of figuring out that mystery!

I tried doing a mock booking for our cabin category, but it's SOLD OUT.

Is there any other way for me to determine if my category price has dropped by going online? Will Cruise Plum help?

Or should I just call my PCC?

My goal is to upgrade from OA to a Balcony.  So a price drop may help get us an upgrade using the price difference.  

Edited by LGinPA