Turning diamond on cruise question

helene109

How many days until you change to Platinum? Let say it is 7.  If you are on a 7 day cruise you will not have had a full 7 days on debarkation day. You will turn Plat on the first day of your next cruise.

Count from embarkation day (as your 1st day) and end on Friday (as your last day) if its a Saturday to Saturday, 7-day cruise.  Your debarkation day does not count towards a day for leveling up.  If you level up anytime from the day you embark thru that Friday (your last day counted) you will show online by way of your luggage tags and the additional 2 days for check in, all prior to boarding for that trip.  

If this cruise is actually your next cruise and you are turning platinum, your luggage tags will currently say priority (already) and your check in date should reflect the extra 2 days.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helene109 said:

Yes I always buy FTTF but if I turn Platinum no reason to buy it.

55 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

Count from embarkation day (as your 1st day) and end on Friday (as your last day) if its a Saturday to Saturday, 7-day cruise.  Your debarkation day does not count towards a day for leveling up.  If you level up anytime from the day you embark thru that Friday (your last day counted) you will show online by way of your luggage tags and the additional 2 days for check in, all prior to boarding for that trip.  

If this cruise is actually your next cruise and you are turning platinum, your luggage tags will currently say priority (already) and your check in date should reflect the extra 2 days.  

Daz is correct.  

15 hours ago, Slush said:

How many days until you change to Platinum? Let say it is 7.  If you are on a 7 day cruise you will not have had a full 7 days on debarkation day. You will turn Plat on the first day of your next cruise.

I need 6 days to turn Platinum and we are going on a 6 day cruise. My PVP told me I am grandfathered in on the first day of the cruise. I might call Carnival and see what they say. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I need 6 days to turn Platinum and we are going on a 6 day cruise. My PVP told me I am grandfathered in on the first day of the cruise. I might call Carnival and see what they say. Thanks!

The sticking point seems to be that you aren't getting an early check in online and AFAIK that is normal, but when you print out your boarding pass and luggage tags they should both indicate Platinum and you should receive priority boarding at the port.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The sticking point seems to be that you aren't getting an early check in online and AFAIK that is normal, but when you print out your boarding pass and luggage tags they should both indicate Platinum and you should receive priority boarding at the port.

Ok you believe that I am good. Just don’t get why my check in isn’t 2 days prior. I still might call. Thanks for your help!

If you are for sure turning platinum then you should see the extra 2 days already added in, as long as this is your very next cruise.  The 2 days should be there as you should see that perk for platinum as well.  Call Carnival.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Slush said:

That's not right. Day 7 of a 7 day cruise is the last full day. If she's 7 days from being platinum and on a 7-day cruise she should have platinum luggage tags even.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helene109 said:

Ok you believe that I am good. Just don’t get why my check in isn’t 2 days prior. I still might call. Thanks for your help!

Are you able to look at your luggage tags? They should say platinum or priority. I think your boarding pass does as well.

Edited by Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's not right. Day 7 of a 7 day cruise is the last full day. If she's 7 days from being platinum and on a 7-day cruise she should have platinum luggage tags even.

I have 6 days until Platinum and it’s a 6 day Mardi Gras cruise. Still waiting to hear from my PVP. Going to look at my luggage tags. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I have 6 days until Platinum and it’s a 6 day Mardi Gras cruise. Still waiting to hear from my PVP. Going to look at my luggage tags. Thanks!

Yeah you should be platinum from the start on that. Even if you don't have the two day check-in thing. I would just get the first one available. It's usually the same as the diamond/platinum get. You should have the platinum boarding pass and be able to board with platinum.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Exactly.

We are going with another couple and on paper put myself in one room and my husband in with the other, so they don’t have to pay for FTTF. Our adult young 20 something boys are all coming. 3 total boys between us! Now to figure out what to do in Nassau!

• Like 2