Bed Position Question on Odyssey, Cabin and Diamond Question

js

Hi.

This will be my first time sailing back with Royal since 2018 and we booked Odyssey for April 2025.

The last balcony 4D in the absolute aft is 12726, which I booked today, however it sits under the suite lounge.

While I do have almost 2 years to watch other 4D aft balconies become available, today I booked 12726.

First, how do I find out if the bed is by the balcony?

In doing a search about the Odyssey, I can't find too may pictures on CC, only online.

I don't find too many reviews either. 

Is above due to the fact that it isn't sailing in US at this time?

I'm wondering if there will be much noise in my cabin with the suite lounge above me (although thinking it will be

carpeted) and other negatives.

Also, my dh and I are Diamond on RCCL. Do we get any specialty restaurants due to being Diamond?

We are getting one specialty dinner with the TA booking.

We have been to Labadee but not CoCo Cay and thinking about booking the private area there and making sure we can do it

if not in a suite.

My TA has us in a group rate, which is over $1K less than RCCL site and we will be leaving from NJ, which the port is only about 20

minutes from my home so figured we will give the Odyssey a try since it will be April/Spring break and we don't have to worry about flights (although I LOVED the Allure with the neighborhoods but Oasis class will be leaving out of Florida).

Thank you very much!

Edited by js

We had the same cabin two floors down so I can't comment on the noise but I can give you and idea what it will look like from the inside.  

We loved this cabin.  I love aft cabins. They have the best views.  Bed placement should be the same.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We had the same cabin two floors down so I can't comment on the noise but I can give you and idea what it will look like from the inside.  

We loved this cabin.  I love aft cabins. They have the best views.  Bed placement should be the same.  

Thank you soo much! I loved the video and just showed my dh. We love the aft cabins too! Use to always sail on the Navigator and Explorer in the aft corner cabins. They were huge! Did the Odyssey aft cabin vibrate going into port?

I do hope my bed is by the balcony. 

Do you have any pictures from the ship or comments or suggestions. I cant find too much ship information. Pros and cons?  

Edited by js

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Use a site like cruisedeckplans for that. Many things are common across all Q class so you can look up any of them (Anthem probably has lots of info).

Thank you very much, again LOL. I will try this out.

6 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

As for the Diamond Perks... There is no Specialty Restaurant or Discount. You would get a Specialty Restaurant BoGo when you hit Diamond Plus.

Wow, thank you. On NCL, we get two specialty meals as Platinum.

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

I'll be on Odyssey twice next year and also struggled to find reviews and details on here. You should be able to find a lot of videos on youtube. A lot of full walkthroughs of the ship including cabins. Good luck!

Thank you. Yes, I looked on youtube with my dh but I told him last night that I'll look on CC because they have everything and all the comments LOL I'll be watching for updates, like you 🙂

1 hour ago, ABC Cruisers said:

We are on the Odyssey now bringing her back to the states from Europe. As Diamond you get 4 drinks each up to $14 every day, we also had 4 bottles of water the first day in the cabin. You also can get coffee in the Crown Lounge, have a great cruise!

Oh, I hope you are having a fabulous cruise and please post any pictures you have!

What kind of cabin are you in?

I thought Diamond got 4 drinks total each for the cruise. Is it really 8 drinks a day between the two of us because I AM the drinker between my dh and me and he would be fine with 4-8 drinks a day (beer or an occasional bloody mary) but I was going to get us both the drink package because I thought I needed to do so. But I'm guessing because we are in the same cabin that will have to be done anyway.

Enjoy every moment!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, js said:

Oh, I hope you are having a fabulous cruise and please post any pictures you have!

I thought Diamond got 4 drinks total each for the cruise. Is it really 8 drinks a day between the two of us because I AM the drinker between my dh and me and he would be fine with 4-8 drinks a day (beer or an occasional bloody mary) but I was going to get us both the drink package because I thought I needed to do so. But I'm guessing because we are in the same cabin that will have to be done anyway.

Enjoy every moment!

You should review the benefits as they have changed a lot.  It clearly states the drinks are daily.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You should review the benefits as they have changed a lot.  It clearly states the drinks are daily.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Thank you so much! It was my dh that told me this last night so I just printed what you sent me now and brining home. What a big help! Thank you!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, js said:

Thank you soo much! I loved the video and just showed my dh. We love the aft cabins too! Use to always sail on the Navigator and Explorer in the aft corner cabins. They were huge! Did the Odyssey aft cabin vibrate going into port?

I do hope my bed is by the balcony. 

Do you have any pictures from the ship or comments or suggestions. I cant find too much ship information. Pros and cons?  

This is a live review I did Feb 2022.  I trust it more than my memory to tell you about Odyssey.  🙂 

51 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is a live review I did Feb 2022.  I trust it more than my memory to tell you about Odyssey.  🙂 

Thank you SO much! I will look at this in a little bit. Thanks sooo much!

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I JUST NOW finished reading this at work! WOW, thank you so so much!

I loved your review and appreciate all the time you took out of your trip to post.

Where was your favorite bar on the ship and did you get surgery finally on your knee LOL

2 hours ago, js said:

I JUST NOW finished reading this at work! WOW, thank you so so much!

I loved your review and appreciate all the time you took out of your trip to post.

Where was your favorite bar on the ship and did you get surgery finally on your knee LOL

I can't remember exactly what my favorite bar was.  I think it varied depending on the time of day. In the evening I spent a fair bit of time in the music fall. During the day I'd say it was split between the Lime and Coconut on the upper deck and the English Pub.  Unlike on other ships the pub has good munchies you can order.  I had several lunches there I think.

The knee is fine... thanks.  Surgery was not required, Rehab, naturopathic medicine and weight loss have worked miracles.

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I can't remember exactly what my favorite bar was.  I think it varied depending on the time of day. In the evening I spent a fair bit of time in the music fall. During the day I'd say it was split between the Lime and Coconut on the upper deck and the English Pub.  Unlike on other ships the pub has good munchies you can order.  I had several lunches there I think.

The knee is fine... thanks.  Surgery was not required, Rehab, naturopathic medicine and weight loss have worked miracles.

Thank you. We like the pub and I'm planning on getting the UDP so we will also be able to eat there too. Life and Coconut look good. Happy to hear about your knee and that surgery wasn't required.

Thank you again for your help.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 10:27 AM, js said:

Wow, thank you. On NCL, we get two specialty meals as Platinum.

I think it goes without saying every cruise line has its own loyalty programs and perks. 
After looking at some of the other loyalty programs it makes me appreciate RCs a little bit more than I had in the past

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

I think it goes without saying every cruise line has its own loyalty programs and perks. 
After looking at some of the other loyalty programs it makes me appreciate RCs a little bit more than I had in the past

I was talking to a friend who is Elite with Princess and he was bragging about Princess's great loyalty program.  Then I read to him the list of stuff D+ (closest number of nights) gets on Royal and he shut up quick.  He could believe the perks.

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:06 PM, js said:

Enjoy every moment!

We just got back yesterday, we were in 10570 which was a great location!  Yes, you each get 4 drinks a day, if you still have free drinks at the end of the night they will give you drinks to take back to your cabin like unopened beers, waters, soda, etc. They also did a laundry special which is usually $35, Diamonds get $10 off. It’s limited to swimsuits, underwear, shorts, t-shirts and pj’s, but it’s good for those items so you don’t need to pack as much. You each also get a free 8 x 10 pic, so let them take a few pictures for you to choose from. Have a great cruise!!!