Cunard Sale for Single Occupancy

MCC retired

Solo Traveler Offer

• November 9 – November 14, 2023
  • Additional Up to 25% off the Single Supplement Fare.†
  • 152 Voyages

Promo Code: Z2H

Trades:

• Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, Mediterranean, Transatlantic Crossings and World Segments

Voyages sail between: February 2024 and March 2025.

Combinability: Offer is combinable with “Explore with More” (Limited Time Fares), Launch Fares (Cunard Fares), Lowest Fares (Restricted Fares), Sailing Soon Savings, Cruise Night Sales, Group amenities, and counts toward TCs.  Offer is for new single occupancy bookings only and is not combinable with,but not limited to, Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale, Past Guest offers, Flash, Interline, Net, and Travel Agent rates.  Offer may not combine with recipient only offers, negotiated rates/offers, and travel agency exclusive offers.  This promotion is subject to capacity control.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cublet said:

Does not appear to be available to UK pax.

Yes, I assume this Solo Traveler Offer is only for North America as has been the case with similar offers in the past although it does not specifically say so in the terms and conditions as it has in the past.

There's an "Enjoy our Solo Traveler Offer for six days only" section on this "Solo travelers" page on the Cunard US website but not on the corresponding page on the Cunard UK website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/solo-travellers

Here are the terms and conditions from the Cunard US website.

Solo Traveler Offer

Terms and conditions

*New Bookings only. Receive an additional discount of up to 25% off the single supplemental fare, which will reduce the single supplemental fare from 175% to between 132% and 160% of the double occupancy fare on select voyages. Discount varies by voyage between 8% to 25% and applies to guests reserving an Inside, Oceanview, or Balcony stateroom. Offer does not apply to Britannia Club Balcony, Princess Grill Suite, or Queens Grill Suite bookings. Offer is for new bookings only and is not combinable with select offers, including but not limited to Interline Rates, Net Rates, Negotiated Rates, Black Friday/Cyber Monday Events, exclusive travel agency offers, and regional and recipient-only offers. Offer is applicable to reservations booked by November 14, 2023. 
Promotion code: Z2H.

Taxes, Fees, and Port Expenses range from $60 to $570.

Offer start date: November 9, 2023.

Edited by bluemarble

Interesting original post ,

I have been reliably informed from onboard voyage sales , although there are no single staterooms on Queen Anne ,  Solo Traveler prices will be available ( on certain itineraries ) sounds in line with Silversea who offer the same,    Hopefully the QA solo traveler prices will also apply to residents of the UK.   

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Nothing available for U K bookings 

Does Saga cruise lines compete strongly with Cunard for the UK market? I ask because Saga seems to offer dozens of single balcony cabins vs. Cunard with very limited to none (QA). Cunard seems to be at a disadvantage I that category for UK’ers. 

3 minutes ago, NE John said:

Does Saga cruise lines compete strongly with Cunard for the UK market? I ask because Saga seems to offer dozens of single balcony cabins vs. Cunard with very limited to none (QA). Cunard seems to be at a disadvantage I that category for UK’ers. 

Quite. It is baffling to me that, having had seemingly great success with the singles they’ve retrofitted on the other ships, Cunard decided not to have them in QA from the start. 

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Quite. It is baffling to me that, having had seemingly great success with the singles they’ve retrofitted on the other ships, Cunard decided not to have them in QA from the start. 

Yes that’s why I was in no rush to book anything for 2025.  Surprising . P &O ‘s Britannia and Iona have single balcony cabins. They are a bit small and to be honest would probably not have one again if I were to go on P&O again. 

25 minutes ago, NE John said:

I an not sure. They are way over my budget so would never consider them. and I prefer to travel Cunard. I think their overall price would put off the other solo cruisers I know. 

Edited by Winifred 22

26 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I have been reliably informed from onboard voyage sales , although there are no single staterooms on Queen Anne ,  Solo Traveler prices will be available ( on certain itineraries ) sounds in line with Silversea who offer the same,    Hopefully the QA solo traveler prices will also apply to residents of the UK.   

26 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Solo traveller prices are always available on every voyage. Do they mean there are extra discounts available  on certain voyages ? Currently Cunard is 175% for single occupancy unlike Princess which is 200%. Current 2024 booking for Queen Anne is the standard 175%.  

10 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Additional Up to 25% off the Single Supplement Fare.†

Given that the usual single supplement fare is 175% of the per-person double occupancy fare, does it follow that the promotional single fare is 1.75*0.75= 131.25% of the PPDO fare for a given itinerary?
Sounds pretty good.

35 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Given that the usual single supplement fare is 175% of the per-person double occupancy fare, does it follow that the promotional single fare is 1.75*0.75= 131.25% of the PPDO fare for a given itinerary?
Sounds pretty good.

Yes, that calculation is correct for those voyages where they are offering a full 25% discount. See this quote from the terms and conditions I posted previously.

"Receive an additional discount of up to 25% off the single supplemental fare, which will reduce the single supplemental fare from 175% to between 132% and 160% of the double occupancy fare on select voyages. Discount varies by voyage between 8% to 25% ..."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Solo traveller prices are always available on every voyage. Do they mean there are extra discounts available  on certain voyages ? Currently Cunard is 175% for single occupancy unlike Princess which is 200%. Current 2024 booking for Queen Anne is the standard 175%.  

Cunard's fares in grills for solo travellers are 200% of twin share. This also applies to the fare I've booked for QA; re comment above, I haven't seen that the solo prices on QA are different to the usual Cunard formula.

21 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Cunard's fares in grills for solo travellers are 200% of twin share. This also applies to the fare I've booked for QA; re comment above, I haven't seen that the solo prices on QA are different to the usual Cunard formula.

There are 146 voyages included in this Solo Traveler Offer. Only 8 of those voyages are on QA. And just to make sure it's clear, the offer does not apply to Grill Suites (or Britannia Club).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Oh I forgot that. I don’t ever book Grills so wouldn’t have really thought about it. I can’t see any difference either in the QA prices away from the normal formula. Mine certainly isn’t for July 2024.I don’t think these extra discounts apply to U K sailings sadly. 

4 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Oh I forgot that. I don’t ever book Grills so wouldn’t have really thought about it. I can’t see any difference either in the QA prices away from the normal formula. Mine certainly isn’t for July 2024.I don’t think these extra discounts apply to U K sailings sadly. 

indeed... I would have booked at least one more sailing for 2024 ... have been looking for something that will keep me from anxiety until we cruise for Christmas 2024.... the ones I would like to do, my daughter can't, the single prices with this kind of offer would get my booking  😞

13 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'll always see the world through the eyes of the Britannia passenger.